Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

20 MILLION POUND TRANSFER KITTY

Wed Aug 31, 2011 11:04 pm

where the hell did this bull shit come from. Surely mm knew we had no money when he came here. For once I was expecting a few decent signings on deadline day.

Re: 20 MILLION POUND TRANSFER KITTY

Wed Aug 31, 2011 11:05 pm

Only ever speculation.

Bet it won't be far off end of season though, don't 2m in fees. All free transfers have fees and higher wages. Loans have fees included.

Wed Aug 31, 2011 11:11 pm

brithdirblue wrote:where the hell did this bull shit come from. Surely mm knew we had no money when he came here. For once I was expecting a few decent signings on deadline day.

THE ABOVE FIGURE IF CORRECT - INCLUDES WAGES :ayatollah:

Wed Aug 31, 2011 11:26 pm

I understand it includes wages but last season our wage bill was around 15mil I'm certain it ain't that much this year which would leave 5+ mill to spend.

Wed Aug 31, 2011 11:29 pm

2m on transfer fees so far.
All the signing on fees for the frees...
Loan fees if we sign more loans.
Let's not forget jan!!!

Wed Aug 31, 2011 11:31 pm

brithdirblue wrote:I understand it includes wages but last season our wage bill was around 15mil I'm certain it ain't that much this year which would leave 5+ mill to spend.

That is correct brithdirblue :ayatollah: And as 2Blue post says...maybe MM is keeping some of that money for the Jan Transfer window :ayatollah:

Thu Sep 01, 2011 1:08 am

brithdirblue wrote:I understand it includes wages but last season our wage bill was around 15mil I'm certain it ain't that much this year which would leave 5+ mill to spend.

it would roughly, but you have to take into consideration signing on fee's etc and the possibility (thats been mentioned) of money being held aside for the January window.

Thu Sep 01, 2011 3:26 am

wages cost alot, we've spent abit of money on transfer fees, plus we'll prob bring in 2-3 players on loan :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Sep 01, 2011 5:18 am

simon1927 wrote:wages cost alot, we've spent abit of money on transfer fees, plus we'll prob bring in 2-3 players on loan :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

spot on

Thu Sep 01, 2011 5:31 am

Midfield general wrote:Right lets look at the wages issue. Say each the players apart from Kenny Millar were on an average of £10,000 so if you times that by 9 players it comes to £4,680,000. Then Kenny Millar's wage which is £25,000 per week making £1,300,000 for the year.

Combine both those figures and they come to £5,980,000 and if you take that away from £20,000,000 it means that there should be £14,020,000 remaining!!!!

how u no kenny on 25 grand a week? has he told u ?

Thu Sep 01, 2011 5:35 am

Midfield general wrote:Right lets look at the wages issue. Say each the players apart from Kenny Millar were on an average of £10,000 so if you times that by 9 players it comes to £4,680,000. Then Kenny Millar's wage which is £25,000 per week making £1,300,000 for the year.

Combine both those figures and they come to £5,980,000 and if you take that away from £20,000,000 it means that there should be £14,020,000 remaining!!!!

So what are we paying the other players with that have been here prior to the new season ? 20 mill covers the whole squad.

Thu Sep 01, 2011 5:38 am

Midfield general wrote:
bluebirds23 wrote:

how u no kenny on 25 grand a week? has he told u ?

Forgive me if Im wrong but wasn't it mentioned on here..? However if he is on less then that means there is more monies remaining.

by who?

Thu Sep 01, 2011 7:24 am

it has always been £20mil including wages lol

Thu Sep 01, 2011 7:30 am

brithdirblue wrote:where the hell did this bull shit come from. Surely mm knew we had no money when he came here. For once I was expecting a few decent signings on deadline day.

Came from one of the updates. Remember, they're just opinion and shouldn't be taken as fact. :lol:

Thu Sep 01, 2011 7:56 am

Midfield general wrote:
dorsetblue wrote:

So what are we paying the other players with that have been here prior to the new season ? 20 mill covers the whole squad.

Well this £20 million figure has gone from being the transfer kitty to the total amount including wages of new players coming in to the whole squad!!!! Someone is telling porkies about this figure

No, as you so often do, you've got it wrong. Dorset Blue is correct, the £20 million covers all wages, all signing on fees, all loan fees, all bonuses, all transfer fees, all compensation and I wouldn't be surprised if it also includes the £1 million plus we are supposedly paying former employees throughout the season. Besides the players we've signed, there's also all of the new members of staff we've brought in as well as the compensation we're paying Watford for Malky Mackay (and, possibly, the other people we got from that club on top of that).

Besides reading about in Carl's updates, I've been told by people I respect because they have generally been proved to be right on "in the know" matters before that the £20 million figure is correct and I believe we are now fairly close to that figure - I'd say our spending is already on course to beat the figure spent last year.

Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:30 pm

you say we have £14mill remaining to spend on transfers by your calculations, and our wage bill this year is £5mill........ last year our wage bill alone was roughly £15 mill :?

Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:35 pm

In previous seasons our combined wage bill has been on average around £12m p/a or £1m p/m.

So assuming the wage bill is still that high MM would have at least £8m to play with after wages are deducted.

Thu Sep 01, 2011 2:04 pm

wasnt £4mil of the £20mil paying of our debt to HMRC?

Thu Sep 01, 2011 2:09 pm

Midfield general wrote:
Tony Blue Williams wrote:In previous seasons our combined wage bill has been on average around £12m p/a or £1m p/m.

So assuming the wage bill is still that high MM would have at least £8m to play with after wages are deducted.

thankfully someone with sense to agree that the figures DONT add up and we are being told that the wage bill has been slashed so should have more to play with

wrong midfield general....

if our wage bill is as worked out shall we say £12mill then thats 8 to play with yes...

but if you take into account transfer fees of 2-3 million, signing on fees near the same....its not cheap signing free agents..... then we only have about 3 million left which im happy to save for january and for loans

it all adds up

Thu Sep 01, 2011 2:11 pm

Midfield general wrote:
Bridgend_bluebird wrote:wasnt £4mil of the £20mil paying of our debt to HMRC?

thats the first ive heard of that but why would a HMRC debt be included in a playing budget as most players these days are technically company directors with their wages going through their own companies aren't they..?

yeah that should affect the playing budget,

Thu Sep 01, 2011 2:12 pm

Well when I saw Carl's update yonks ago, he mentioned £16mil kitty and £4mil to HMRC I believe. :?

Thu Sep 01, 2011 2:18 pm

Midfield general wrote:
Bridgend_bluebird wrote:Well when I saw Carl's update yonks ago, he mentioned £16mil kitty and £4mil to HMRC I believe. :?

God knows seems like another issue about 'update' which is spliting the fans

I aint blaming anyone and I'm certaintly aint splitting. Just what I THOUGHT I read, I could be wrong but I have selective reading plus a shite memory. Stop twisting words.

Thu Sep 01, 2011 2:42 pm

the other Bob Wilson wrote:
Midfield general wrote:
dorsetblue wrote:

Well this £20 million figure has gone from being the transfer kitty to the total amount including wages of new players coming in to the whole squad!!!! Someone is telling porkies about this figure

No, as you so often do, you've got it wrong. Dorset Blue is correct, the £20 million covers all wages, all signing on fees, all loan fees, all bonuses, all transfer fees, all compensation and I wouldn't be surprised if it also includes the £1 million plus we are supposedly paying former employees throughout the season. Besides the players we've signed, there's also all of the new members of staff we've brought in as well as the compensation we're paying Watford for Malky Mackay (and, possibly, the other people we got from that club on top of that).

Besides reading about in Carl's updates, I've been told by people I respect because they have generally been proved to be right on "in the know" matters before that the £20 million figure is correct and I believe we are now fairly close to that figure - I'd say our spending is already on course to beat the figure spent last year.

the malaysians have allowed to invest 20 million into the club this year and that covers all things cardiff city from the tea lady to malky and paying off some of their creditors.
its a remarkable commitment on their part bearing in mind the dissapointment of the last two seasons

Thu Sep 01, 2011 3:16 pm

Lets just get on with it and stop expecting/demanding instant success, its City life like it or not.

Thu Sep 01, 2011 3:28 pm

RichardBluebird wrote:Lets just get on with it and stop expecting/demanding instant success, its City life like it or not.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

This thread is just a repeat of many many ones before, you all go round and round in circles.
Give it a rest it's feckin boring.