Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" BEN TURNER CONFIRMED AS A CARDIFF CITY PLAYER "

Wed Aug 31, 2011 4:29 pm

BEN TURNER CONFIRMED:

Cardiff City Football Club are pleased to confirm the signing of Coventry City defender Ben Turner. The final touches of paperwork on the three year undisclosed deal were completed on Wednesday evening.

Twenty-three year old Ben came through the Academy System at Coventry, making his competitive debut for the Sky Blues in August 2006. He spent time on loan at Peterborough United and then Oldham Athletic during that year, before establishing himself in the Coventry first-team for the 2007/08 campaign. He's been a first-team regular there since, having made seventy-two appearances.

Highly rated by Malky Mackay, Ben fits the bill in terms of attributes and attitude and will train with a scaled down squad on Thursday. On Wednesday afternoon he trained under the supervision of the Cardiff City coaching staff.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=58410 :ayatollah:

Re: BEN TURNER CONFIRMED

Wed Aug 31, 2011 4:30 pm

He looks pleased to be joining us.

Re: BEN TURNER CONFIRMED

Wed Aug 31, 2011 4:39 pm

nobby wrote:He looks pleased to be joining us.

:lol: I know at least have a smile in that photo!

Re: " BEN TURNER CONFIRMED AS A CARDIFF CITY PLAYER "

Wed Aug 31, 2011 5:37 pm

Good news mate :ayatollah:

Wed Aug 31, 2011 6:24 pm

Is this guy better than gerrard

Wed Aug 31, 2011 6:44 pm

thewelshfella wrote:Is this guy better than gerrard

by all accounts yes,hes young ambitious and most importantly has more pace than a slug

Wed Aug 31, 2011 7:44 pm

nobby wrote:BEN TURNER CONFIRMED:

Cardiff City Football Club are pleased to confirm the signing of Coventry City defender Ben Turner. The final touches of paperwork on the three year undisclosed deal were completed on Wednesday evening.

Twenty-three year old Ben came through the Academy System at Coventry, making his competitive debut for the Sky Blues in August 2006. He spent time on loan at Peterborough United and then Oldham Athletic during that year, before establishing himself in the Coventry first-team for the 2007/08 campaign. He's been a first-team regular there since, having made seventy-two appearances.

Highly rated by Malky Mackay, Ben fits the bill in terms of attributes and attitude and will train with a scaled down squad on Thursday. On Wednesday afternoon he trained under the supervision of the Cardiff City coaching staff.

Feck Bellamy we needed a Centre half, welcome Ben :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=58410 :ayatollah:

Thu Sep 01, 2011 11:37 am

thewelshfella wrote:Is this guy better than gerrard

I know it was last season an he was injured since, but before he got injured he was top points scorers of all defenders on Texaco Fantasy Football last year, scores goals and is really solid at the back, by all accounts i think he's way better, but probably won't be as passionate as Gerrard if the Brum story was True!

Thu Sep 01, 2011 4:11 pm

I'm a Coventry fan and Ben is a great defender, easily our best before injuries struck.
I'm sure if you asked any Coventry fan they'd be sad to see him go, he has a massive presence, is brave, quick and gets his share of goals.
Our misfortune at having an asset-stripping board in charge of the club mean that you have got an absolute steal if Ben stays fit.
Having sold Scott Dann to Birmingham who has just joined Blackburn for £6-8m, Turner has every chance of getting to that level after a run of games, he is also younger and better in the air!
Birmingham were also rumoured to be interested while they were in the Premiership and a fee of £3-4 million seemed probable (and more realistic).
Of the 2 players you have signed from Coventry, I have to say Ben will fit straight in be giving 100% from his first match.
Aaron is a great talent but seemed to fade after a great first season, still full of potential and the change could do him good, he was also on the radar of Premiership sides until his patchy form.
Good luck to both of them and I'm sure they will serve Cardiff well, I think you have improved your chances of reaching the Premiership very cheaply.
Am I right in thanking my lucky stars that the Parkin deal fell through??
Good luck for the season ahaead!

Thu Sep 01, 2011 4:14 pm

skybluesam wrote:I'm a Coventry fan and Ben is a great defender, easily our best before injuries struck.
I'm sure if you asked any Coventry fan they'd be sad to see him go, he has a massive presence, is brave, quick and gets his share of goals.
Our misfortune at having an asset-stripping board in charge of the club mean that you have got an absolute steal if Ben stays fit.
Having sold Scott Dann to Birmingham who has just joined Blackburn for £6-8m, Turner has every chance of getting to that level after a run of games, he is also younger and better in the air!
Birmingham were also rumoured to be interested while they were in the Premiership and a fee of £3-4 million seemed probable (and more realistic).
Of the 2 players you have signed from Coventry, I have to say Ben will fit straight in be giving 100% from his first match.
Aaron is a great talent but seemed to fade after a great first season, still full of potential and the change could do him good, he was also on the radar of Premiership sides until his patchy form.
Good luck to both of them and I'm sure they will serve Cardiff well, I think you have improved your chances of reaching the Premiership very cheaply.

cheers :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

you have good season to

Thu Sep 01, 2011 9:32 pm

skybluesam wrote:I'm a Coventry fan and Ben is a great defender, easily our best before injuries struck.

Cheers mate all the best for ur season, its hard to say with parkin as he's never really had a run in the side, dont think many of us were too sad tho when we thought he'd gone, top guy tho