Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Lack of ambition and quality will cost the City this season

Thu Sep 01, 2011 11:32 pm

I'd rather wait for promotion and have a financially sustainable club than gamble increased debts on a shot at promotion.

We are doing alright. Playoffs are a possibility.

Fri Sep 02, 2011 1:33 pm

i am not thinking of promotion this season just a good mid league team will make me happy and so far I am very happy with a team that work hard and have a bit of passion and a huge cut in wages too.

Ambition is there as the passion is there in Malky Mackay and I am not sure about qualty we had last season maybe a few good goals all I saw was a lack of passion besides bellamy Macnaughton and a few others but this new team when they lose they will be upset the last lott were just concerned how they looked

Fri Sep 02, 2011 2:55 pm

Fergy1927 wrote:I'd rather wait for promotion and have a financially sustainable club than gamble increased debts on a shot at promotion.

We are doing alright. Playoffs are a possibility.

This.

Fri Sep 02, 2011 2:55 pm

is throwing money at the club season upon season and increasing the debt more and more really that ambitious? sounds stupid to me.
I remember when the Malaysians took over 99% on here wanted them to consolidate the club and get us back being able to run without losing mass amounts of money each season - how things changed.

As for are the Malaysians in it for the long term? to me now throwing money at the team suggests they are and are looking for long term stability.
But then again we know if they did spend big money people would say they are giving it one last push before pulling out :roll: they cant really win.

Personally im delighted with the way things are being conducted. I personally would have cut back even more but thats just my opinion.