Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

TONY FERNANDES

Wed Aug 31, 2011 2:31 pm

Showing real ambition at QPR with the signings he has already let happen and the others that are set to come in, wish he had bought our club now, our lot not showing too much ambition it seems. :(

Re: TONY FERNANDES

Wed Aug 31, 2011 2:34 pm

Big difference in terms of division, long term debts and funds available to be fair.

Edit: Misread your post, still our long term debt compared to QPR's would have been a sticking point surely.
Last edited by BradSK on Wed Aug 31, 2011 2:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Aug 31, 2011 2:35 pm

QPR were not in the amount of debt we were in and now qpr have premier money, we are paying signing on fees and wages, get real will you?

Wed Aug 31, 2011 2:40 pm

nobby wrote:Showing real ambition at QPR with the signings he has already let happen and the others that are set to come in, wish he had bought our club now, our lot not showing too much ambition it seems. :(

he got mittel with him as well,thats a lot of cash

Wed Aug 31, 2011 2:41 pm

Igovernor wrote:QPR were not in the amount of debt we were in and now qpr have premier money, we are paying signing on fees and wages, get real will you?

I am real, very real infact.

We have a billionaire owner who is expecting success and promotion to the Premier league, so why not show some ambition themselves.

We have spent just short of £2 million and are doing no more business today, we have assembled a team but its no where near good enough for promotion and that fact is real. We need more quality throughout the team and unless we get at least 4 more in on loan then it will be mid table at best that is the reality.

All that im saying is if the owners expect success then they have to show more ambition, if they are happy with mid table then so be it.

Wed Aug 31, 2011 2:45 pm

Nobby is talking a lot of sense.

You gotta spend money to make money.

MM has shown he has a good eye for players.

Give him 5-10 million and let's see what gems MM could find.

Wed Aug 31, 2011 2:45 pm

Why do you want our club to go into financial turmoil?

Wed Aug 31, 2011 2:48 pm

Why would we be in financial turmoil?

The owners have the money to back MM.

5-10 million investment on the squad could see a huge return if the club got into the club.

Wed Aug 31, 2011 2:49 pm

Big Boss Man wrote:Nobby is talking a lot of sense.

You gotta spend money to make money.

MM has shown he has a good eye for players.

Give him 5-10 million and let's see what gems MM could find.

Exactly, im only saying it because i know that the Malaysians want success and promotion, so why not show more ambition thats the argument.

They are trying to sort out our debts etc which is a good thing but they are also trying to get us promoted the cheapest way it seems so they then can sell us on and make some money.

More ambition is needed by them in my opinion, they have stated that promotion is the target so back themanager and give him the tools he needs.

Wed Aug 31, 2011 2:50 pm

Exactly, where did splashing the cash get us in the past, anyone talking of spending big money are crackers!

Wed Aug 31, 2011 2:51 pm

Big Boss Man wrote:Why would we be in financial turmoil?

The owners have the money to back MM.

5-10 million investment on the squad could see a huge return if the club got into the club.

Agree, they are billionaires so we would not be in financial turmoil if they spent ten million of their own money, you have to speculate to accumulate. :ayatollah:

Wed Aug 31, 2011 2:53 pm

Me and Nobby are talking about doing a Sven.

"But DJ couldn't buy his way out of this league" - But many have and many more will in the future.

We should of signed Goodwillie.

Wed Aug 31, 2011 2:54 pm

Things aren't as simple as just saying "here you go Malky here's £10 million to spend".

Wed Aug 31, 2011 2:55 pm

Big Boss Man wrote:Me and Nobby are talking about doing a Sven.

"But DJ couldn't buy his way out of this league" - But many have and many more will in the future.

We should of signed Goodwillie.

We'll see what the clubs intentions by 11pm tonight,we're all speculating

Wed Aug 31, 2011 2:56 pm

Why not?

Or you don't know what you are talking about?

Wed Aug 31, 2011 2:56 pm

bluebirdcal wrote:Things aren't as simple as just saying "here you go Malky here's £10 million to spend".

Why not, if i won the euromillions £100 million jackpot i would give malkay ten million to spend, thats ambition and £100 million is no where near the wealth the Malaysians have so why dont they show ambition.

Wed Aug 31, 2011 3:04 pm

nobby wrote:
Igovernor wrote:QPR were not in the amount of debt we were in and now qpr have premier money, we are paying signing on fees and wages, get real will you?

I am real, very real infact.

We have a billionaire owner who is expecting success and promotion to the Premier league, so why not show some ambition themselves.

We have spent just short of £2 million and are doing no more business today, we have assembled a team but its no where near good enough for promotion and that fact is real. We need more quality throughout the team and unless we get at least 4 more in on loan then it will be mid table at best that is the reality.

All that im saying is if the owners expect success then they have to show more ambition, if they are happy with mid table then so be it.

I agree completely! Spot on.... and I'm good friends with a high ranking Malaysian who co-owns a certain Championship club in Wales..... ;)

Wed Aug 31, 2011 3:05 pm

Well it's just gone 11pm in kuala lumpar! So I expect tan and tg are tucking themselves up for the night with a nice hot glass of cocoa. So if we sign anything now, it will be with the lose change from malky's back pocket!! :lol:

Wed Aug 31, 2011 3:11 pm

Nobby is spot on.

The owners want Prem football and all the $$$$$$$ that goes with it.

Well, if you want the big bucks you have gotta put your hand in your pocket.

Wed Aug 31, 2011 3:15 pm

Swansea and Blackpool didn't spend big you plebs.

The owners have spent more than £2million this close season, probably nearer too 2.5 area

These 'frees' come with inflates wages and sign on fees.

Wed Aug 31, 2011 3:19 pm

Swansea and Blackpool?

Do you want me to list all the clubs that have spent money?

And fucktard, Swansea and Blackpool don't have rich owners.

Wed Aug 31, 2011 3:20 pm

Getting called a 'fucktard' by someone that can't count :lol: classic.

Wed Aug 31, 2011 3:27 pm

big signings will have big wages as well ,wont guarantee promotion ,personally i prefer the way we are going about things , slowly slowly catch a monkey as the saying goes. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Aug 31, 2011 3:28 pm

RFMH wrote:Swansea and Blackpool didn't spend big you plebs.

The owners have spent more than £2million this close season, probably nearer too 2.5 area

These 'frees' come with inflates wages and sign on fees.

No need to get personal, and Swansea and Blackpool did not have Wealthy owners who wanted promotion.

Wed Aug 31, 2011 3:28 pm

Is that your best comeback?

f*cking retard!

Wed Aug 31, 2011 3:35 pm

Qpr may not have had debt but they do need a new stadium fernandes said that himself , the cost of building a new ground in west London will be huge, and they are surrounded by far bigger clubs , his decision to buy qpr couldn't have been made on finical grounds he must have just wanted a London club

Wed Aug 31, 2011 3:37 pm

there are some points where you have to spend money to get the right player. But some of the players we have brought in on frees could have been worth a lot of money if they were still contracted at their clubs. Okay Blackpool and Swansea might not have had rich owners but they still got up and you look at some of the players they bought and plus they still got there.

Adam for Blackpool joined them for £500,000 and left for £7 million and tbh he was a top championship player imo and thats a £6.5 million profit for a player now thats making money.

But we've also got a £40 million debt to deal with and i doubt they'll pay that much money out of their back pocket. Lets just wait to see at 11pm tonight if we do sign anyone ;)

Wed Aug 31, 2011 3:38 pm

Anyone know how much tony fernandes is worth? Is he worth more than VT?

Wed Aug 31, 2011 3:40 pm

Daniel_PT_blues wrote:Anyone know how much tony fernandes is worth? Would've thought it'd be a lot more than VT with ownin air asia and lotus f1 team,however i could be wrong

Tony Fernandes is worth US$470 million
Tan is worth US$1.3 billion :shock:

Wed Aug 31, 2011 3:42 pm

Scruffy wrote:
Daniel_PT_blues wrote:Anyone know how much tony fernandes is worth? Would've thought it'd be a lot more than VT with ownin air asia and lotus f1 team,however i could be wrong

Tony Fernandes is worth US$470 million
Tan is worth US$1.3 billion :shock:

Fair one, didnt realise there was that big a difference