Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

CRAIG BELLAMY TRANSFER DEADLINE UPDATE THREAD THINGY

Wed Aug 31, 2011 1:50 pm

how about we keep all craig bellay threads and chats in here and merge all todays ones in here also.

its bad enough all these new topics but the new topics with the old news !!

an hour in the transfer window is like a week in normal time

last thing i heard was

BBC Sport's John Sinnott on Twitter: "From source close to player over Craig Bellamy's potential move to Liverpool: "Just a medical in case because deal is still a long way away".

Re: CRAIG BELLAMY TRANSFER DEADLINE UPDATE THREAD THINGY

Wed Aug 31, 2011 1:55 pm

good idea

Wed Aug 31, 2011 2:00 pm

ironically nobody has any news since i made this thread

Wed Aug 31, 2011 2:03 pm

jezzy666 wrote:ironically nobody has any news since i made this thread

:lol:

still seems 3 clubs looking. liverpool, stoke, qpr..

bellamy may as well just hold a conference call with all the bloody prem clubs!!

Wed Aug 31, 2011 2:04 pm

I cant see Bellamy agreeing to anything before the deadline and the longer the situation drags on the better... for Cardiff City FC :ayatollah:

Wed Aug 31, 2011 2:07 pm

ssn has just stated that bellamy is known to have ledft the wales training camp...

Wed Aug 31, 2011 2:10 pm

1504: Plenty of rumour surrounding Craig Bellamy as well today - well our chief football writer Phil McNulty reports the Welsh striker is talking to clubs, with Liverpool and QPR in frame. However, financial details need to be sorted with Man City before any deal can be done.

he left the wales trianing camp for a medical at liverpool. it was stated the deal was no where near done but saves time rather than doing it at 11pm. wouldnt be surprised if this is a common thing

Wed Aug 31, 2011 2:13 pm

jezzy , would you be disappointed if we didnt bring anymore players in ?

Wed Aug 31, 2011 2:15 pm

dissapointed is a bit of a strong word, we still have a good side and seem to not be urgent in any position since we have versataille players like cowie etc.

but then again i feel half the reason i would nt be disapointed is because i know the loan window is coming up.

ask me the same question again on the close of the loan window and you might get a different answer :)

Wed Aug 31, 2011 2:17 pm

CARDIFF CITY look increasingly likely to have missed out on Craig Bellamy after the star was reportedly given permission to leave Wales' training camp and head to Liverpool for a transfer deadline-day medical.

Bellamy could now make a sensational return to Merseyside, with Liverpool currently unlocked in talks with Manchester City over the nature of the deal, according to sources.

It is still unclear whether the move will be a season-long loan or a free transfer.

The 32-year-old has been the subject of much speculation throughout the day, with QPR and Tottenham also understood to be keen on signing him.

Liverpool, the club Bellamy supported as a boy, initially declared their interest in Bellamy last week before apparently cooling on the idea of matching his current £90,000-a-week salary.

Read More http://www.walesonline.co.uk/footballna ... z1WcFqjjky

Wed Aug 31, 2011 2:18 pm

NIBluebird wrote:CARDIFF CITY look increasingly likely to have missed out on Craig Bellamy after the star was reportedly given permission to leave Wales' training camp and head to Liverpool for a transfer deadline-day medical.

Bellamy could now make a sensational return to Merseyside, with Liverpool currently unlocked in talks with Manchester City over the nature of the deal, according to sources.

It is still unclear whether the move will be a season-long loan or a free transfer.

The 32-year-old has been the subject of much speculation throughout the day, with QPR and Tottenham also understood to be keen on signing him.

Liverpool, the club Bellamy supported as a boy, initially declared their interest in Bellamy last week before apparently cooling on the idea of matching his current £90,000-a-week salary.

Read More http://www.walesonline.co.uk/footballna ... z1WcFqjjky

that info is circulating and is a given but if nothing is done by 11pm tonight then i think cardiff are back on even grounds with anyone else..

unless liverpool offer bg bucks to match his contract, i think bellers may be playing everyone and easing into a return to us

Wed Aug 31, 2011 2:19 pm

jezzy666 wrote:dissapointed is a bit of a strong word, we still have a good side and seem to not be urgent in any position since we have versataille players like cowie etc.

but then again i feel half the reason i would nt be disapointed is because i know the loan window is coming up.

ask me the same question again on the close of the loan window and you might get a different answer :)

dont forget mind as when the loan window opens in 8 days it is for emergency loans only.. not standard loans which ends tonight..

emergency loans = 93 days..

can you imagine how threadbare our squad will be come december.. we are def going to have injuries and suspensions and even with gunnarsson and kiss back in the squad our bench is still limited , and i dont see any game changers on there from what we currently have..

Wed Aug 31, 2011 2:25 pm

i agree, but as im aware can an emergency loan be extended?? i think it can up to 3 months would we make it to january where we can then sign them for the rest of the season....

its guess work but it might be right :)