Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Llanelli game update

Tue Aug 30, 2011 7:14 pm

Macphail, Adam Smith, Luke Prosser and our mexican trialist all started,
Currently 2-0 down tho. Jason Bowen started for Llanelli, Andy Legg and Steve Jenkinson on bench for them
Craig Moses and Chad Bond are the scorers for Llanelli

Re: Llanelli game update

Tue Aug 30, 2011 7:15 pm

Starting 11 - E Parrish, J Meades, A Evans, R Inigo, B Nugent, I Farah, S McPhail, A Smith, A Wildig, L Prosser, N Jarvis.

Tue Aug 30, 2011 7:18 pm

Who's this Parrish fella? I don't think he's from academy

Tue Aug 30, 2011 7:37 pm

how is luke prosser getting on???

he lives across the road from me big friends with his brothers, always used to play with us when we were younger.

knew he was on trial, is he looking promising or not up to much??? :ayatollah:

Tue Aug 30, 2011 7:39 pm

1 change at half time. Oshilaja for Meades

Tue Aug 30, 2011 7:42 pm

Parrish is Aston Villa's 3rd choice keeper who is currently on trial with us.

Tue Aug 30, 2011 7:56 pm

WHITT wrote:how is luke prosser getting on???

he lives across the road from me big friends with his brothers, always used to play with us when we were younger.

knew he was on trial, is he looking promising or not up to much??? :ayatollah:

Hes just scored. 2-1 now. Llanelli made loads of changes

Tue Aug 30, 2011 8:22 pm

Who is manager there ???? for ccfc

Tue Aug 30, 2011 9:19 pm

NIBluebird wrote:Who is manager there ???? for ccfc

Just got back from the game, Neil Ardley was the manager for Cardiff.

Adam Smith looked very good, always looking for the ball, and creating space for himself and others, unlucky not to score today.

Rodrigo Inigo Del Hoyo did very well against a very good physical Llanelli team, but his size doesnt help, and whilst he may have the techincal attributes to succeed, I'm worried hes not physical enough to handle the bigger players in the championship. Big shame this, and this could leave a massive question mark whether we should sign him. It maybe because the Mexican league is based on technical skills rather than being physical ? I remember with Man Utd, Sir Alex wanted Hernandez to put some weight on to handle the pressure of the preimer league.

Wildig looked very good today, hit the post, and was winning everything in the air.

In regards to Luke Prosser, didnt know who he was until he scored, and didnt pay much attention to him.

Didnt know who was in goals today, I was hoping it would be Santiago, but was told by another Cardiff fan it was Parrish? (did okay, but could have done better with the first goal, and wasnt vocal enough for with the defence, but his confidence grew as the game went on)

Overall, it wasnt a bad game, but you could tell neither side took it serious enough for it to be competitive, it was more of Llanelli trying out different players, where as the oldest player for us was Mcphail and all the rest were kids compared to Llanelli.

Tue Aug 30, 2011 9:25 pm

Did we lose 2-1?

Surely we should have had enough to win this game, they played
Jason Bowen who must be at least 100 now :?

Tue Aug 30, 2011 9:36 pm

azz_ccfc wrote:
NIBluebird wrote:Who is manager there ???? for ccfc

Just got back from the game, Neil Ardley was the manager for Cardiff.

Adam Smith looked very good, always looking for the ball, and creating space for himself and others, unlucky not to score today.

Rodrigo Inigo Del Hoyo did very well against a very good physical Llanelli team, but his size doesnt help, and whilst he may have the techincal attributes to succeed, I'm worried hes not physical enough to handle the bigger players in the championship. Big shame this, and this could leave a massive question mark whether we should sign him. It maybe because the Mexican league is based on technical skills rather than being physical ? I remember with Man Utd, Sir Alex wanted Hernandez to put some weight on to handle the pressure of the preimer league.

Wildig looked very good today, hit the post, and was winning everything in the air.

In regards to Luke Prosser, didnt know who he was until he scored, and didnt pay much attention to him.

Didnt know who was in goals today, I was hoping it would be Santiago, but was told by another Cardiff fan it was Parrish? (did okay, but could have done better with the first goal, and wasnt vocal enough for with the defence, but his confidence grew as the game went on)

Overall, it wasnt a bad game, but you could tell neither side took it serious enough for it to be competitive, it was more of Llanelli trying out different players, where as the oldest player for us was Mcphail and all the rest were kids compared to Llanelli.

But my mate rang and said inigo IS bigger than McNaughton and Blake, both of whom have
done well at the heart of defence. Its not HEIGHT we lack, its pace on the deck and a good
reader of the game who can tidy up behind a big centre back. So?? who knows??

Tue Aug 30, 2011 9:40 pm

True but could be why neither Blake or kev are CB's. Height isn't everything but I think it's very important especially in the champ.

Tue Aug 30, 2011 9:58 pm

2blue2handle wrote:True but could be why neither Blake or kev are CB's. Height isn't everything but I think it's very important especially in the champ.

we need this sort of height differnece with defender and striker

Tue Aug 30, 2011 10:17 pm

I popped up to watch the game, but arrived there a bit late and missed seeing us concede the first goal!

There were a few good moves by both sides, but overall I found it to be quite a scrappy game, with a very congested midfield area, giving neither side too much time on the ball!

McPhail showed his class on many occasions, but due to the congestion and possible lack of match practice, he lost possession several times! :ayatollah:

Tue Aug 30, 2011 11:00 pm

a horse with no name wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:True but could be why neither Blake or kev are CB's. Height isn't everything but I think it's very important especially in the champ.

we need this sort of height differnece with defender and striker

I disagree. Its not height that is letting Hudson and Gerrard down, its
mobility

Tue Aug 30, 2011 11:03 pm

Then when we have a small cb it will be height letting us down.
IMO height in the champ is more important because of the way most teams play.