Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

MILLER will benefit...

Tue Aug 30, 2011 12:40 pm

From Bellamy signing.

Before the Keyboard warriors shoot me down hear me out..

Miller has had to come out of position to get the ball because he is not getting the delivery he needs, this would be low cross's or direct balls to his feet. Take his West Ham goal for example Rudy ran (through) the full back then cut inside passing a low ball back into the box, Miller then took the ball 1 touch and shot.

Now how many times did you see this ball being played by Bellamy last season? LOADS is the answer and Miller will score 20+ a season (see rangers) from this type of delivery.

So discuss. :ayatollah:

Re: MILLER will benefit...

Tue Aug 30, 2011 12:46 pm

this thread makes little sense because Bellamy is probably not signing

Tue Aug 30, 2011 12:47 pm

quadsas wrote:this thread makes little sense because Bellamy is probably not signing

Arnt you the leader of the hate Miller brigade?

Tue Aug 30, 2011 1:07 pm

Ballistic Blue wrote:From Bellamy signing.

Miller has had to come out of position to get the ball because he is not getting the delivery he needs, this would be low cross's or direct balls to his feet. Take his West Ham goal for example Rudy ran (through) the full back then cut inside passing a low ball back into the box, Miller then took the ball 1 touch and shot.

Now how many times did you see this ball being played by Bellamy last season? LOADS is the answer and Miller will score 20+ a season (see rangers) from this type of delivery.

Miller will benefit more from a different type of striker alongside him
but then again, so would Earnshaw.

i agree re: Bellamy though!

Tue Aug 30, 2011 1:12 pm

taffyapple wrote:
Ballistic Blue wrote:From Bellamy signing.

Miller will benefit more from a different type of striker alongside him
but then again, so would Earnshaw.

i agree re: Bellamy though!

Yes he would but i was presuming that we were sticking to the Miller - Earnshaw partnership :ayatollah:

Tue Aug 30, 2011 1:20 pm

i just watched the highlights on player and there was a glorious chance for earnie to square it to miller but he took the wrong option and went for the shot....but i guess this where the similarities pop up in both strikers hell bent on going for goal....it is also only the 2nd game where whitts has played in a more attacking role (top of the diamond) where i feel the service is going to come from. Add CB to the list i think it's looking very promising :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Aug 30, 2011 1:48 pm

valleycasual wrote:i just watched the highlights on player and there was a glorious chance for earnie to square it to miller but he took the wrong option and went for the shot....but i guess this where the similarities pop up in both strikers hell bent on going for goal....it is also only the 2nd game where whitts has played in a more attacking role (top of the diamond) where i feel the service is going to come from. Add CB to the list i think it's looking very promising :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

That is true but i believe Earnshaw will only pass if he knows hees getting it back Miller will pass square to Earnshaw though