Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Parkin arrived for Coventry Medical

Tue Aug 30, 2011 12:09 pm

http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/covent ... -29328644/

Just got this off the Coventry boards in the last half hour, looks like it could be on :ayatollah:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=58333 :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Jon Parkin arrives for medical at Coventry City

Tue Aug 30, 2011 12:10 pm

http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/covent ... -29328644/

God help...........

Re: Jon Parkin arrives for medical at Coventry City

Tue Aug 30, 2011 12:23 pm

Noooooo!

Tue Aug 30, 2011 12:43 pm

Such a shame he couldent do well here :( showed some signs of what he can do but never had the time to do it if he goes i wish him all the best :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Aug 30, 2011 12:48 pm

If thats the case then there must be another striker coming into City coz malky wouldnt allow Parkin to go without any cover upfront for Rudy now ?

Tue Aug 30, 2011 12:52 pm

Vintage 63 wrote:If thats the case then there must be another striker coming into City coz malky wouldnt allow Parkin to go without any cover upfront for Rudy now ?

Parkin was cover for somebody? ;) :) :ayatollah:

Tue Aug 30, 2011 12:54 pm

Ballistic Blue wrote:Such a shame he couldent do well here :( showed some signs of what he can do but never had the time to do it if he goes i wish him all the best :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I wish him all the best as well, but he had enough time to prove his worth IMO, but obviously preferred McDonalds to training and keeping the weight off!

Along with his weight and lack of pace though, his first touch was really poor when he was given game time! :ayatollah:

Tue Aug 30, 2011 1:19 pm

i seem to remember a few people on here saying they will pay for parkins bus fayre if he went to another club i hope they
keep their promise :lol: :lol:

Tue Aug 30, 2011 1:21 pm

Rob hulse be good :ayatollah:

Tue Aug 30, 2011 1:25 pm

You can almost guarantee that if he signs for Coventry he'll score against us!!

Tue Aug 30, 2011 1:38 pm

Quite a few on there now claiming that hes signed for them :ayatollah:

Tue Aug 30, 2011 1:51 pm

glad the deal looks to have been made,id rather have seen nat jarvis or one of the academy boys play instead of parkin hes looked poor to put it politely

nice guy,wish him well,simply not good enough unfortunately

Tue Aug 30, 2011 2:13 pm

Ballistic Blue wrote:Such a shame he couldent do well here :( showed some signs of what he can do but never had the time to do it if he goes i wish him all the best :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

That /\

Tue Aug 30, 2011 2:20 pm

jhippno wrote:

That /\

Agreed - though DJ has to shoulder most of the blame for that IMO.

Tue Aug 30, 2011 2:53 pm

I hope to god he goes.....every time I see Parkin I just want to throw him a pound for a can of Tenants super, seen healthier looking piss heads......good luck though Mr Parkin.

Tue Aug 30, 2011 4:58 pm

great news. he shouldnt be playing football if im honest as i am better than him!

Tue Aug 30, 2011 5:13 pm

Cult hero and nothing more in my eyes. He was a make-shift "plan B" last season but at no point was he ever really good enough for us. He's massively overweight and has for the touch of a wrecking ball. Best of luck to him but I'm certainly not going to be gutted. One of DJ's poorer signings

Tue Aug 30, 2011 5:26 pm

Can we give them Miller as well

Buy one get one free :lol:

Tue Aug 30, 2011 5:47 pm

If Parky does depart why do we have to take cheap shots at him and make piss taking comments, he didn't play much for us but when he did he put a shift in. He's not the most skillful we all know that, we had enough twinkle toe players last season, players who didn't put a shift in half the time. We traditionally like players who put effort in and sweat for the team, these players aren't neccasarily skillful but they work their tits off as does Parky, if he goes he gets my full respect as player who has a go, I won't be piss taking.

Tue Aug 30, 2011 6:00 pm

I'd take the Beast over Miller

Tue Aug 30, 2011 6:46 pm

Good luck to the Beast he' s a good player but he didnt get the match time to show what he was made of. Very good player for his height. If he does go good luck at Coventry. Just don't score against us :lol: