Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

TLG's post re loan rules and Bellamy

Tue Aug 30, 2011 11:43 am

I see there is plenty of speculation today about the possibility of Craig Bellamy joining Cardiff on loan after the transfer window has closed. Having clearly stated last week that Bellamy had agreed a move elsewhere and would definitely not be joining City, I note the Fans' Leader is once again covering all bases on the other board. No surprise there.

However, what does surprise me is that nobody seems to be taking into account the Football League rules regarding Emergency Loans when discussing Bellamy's situation.

The fact is there are two types of loan deal open to players of Bellamy's age. The first is known as a Standard Loan, which can be for a period of half a season or a full season. Such loans can only be made during the main transfer windows.

Then there is an Emergency Loan. That's the one where Football League clubs can borrow players from Premier League clubs (or other Football League clubs) outside of the normal transfer window.

The first Emergency Loan window opens seven days after the main transfer window closes and remains open until 5pm on the fourth Thursday in November. However, an Emergency Loan can only be made for a maximum of 93 days.

Therefore, if Bellamy were to join Cardiff on loan in early-September, he would only be able to stay with the club until early-December. He would then have to return to Manchester City.

Having studied the rules, I think it would be possible for him to then rejoin the club in January on a Standard Loan for the remainder of the season, but he definitely wouldn't be able to come back on another Emergency Loan, as 93 days is the maximum period that a player can play for any one club on an Emergency Loan during the season.

Perhaps Bellamy would like to come back here for an initial three months before returning to Man City and reassesing his options during the January transfer window. Or perhaps Man City would allow him a three-month loan before seeking to offload him permanently in January. But would Malky Mackay be happy with either arrangement?

Having read through today's threads on this subject, it seems to me that most contributors appear to believe Bellamy would be able to join City on loan for the rest of the season if he doesn't go elsewhere before the current transfer window closes, but it definitely ain't that simple. The rules don't allow for such a scenario.

[Updated on: Mon, 29 August 2011 17:23]

Re: TLG's post re loan rules and Bellamy

Tue Aug 30, 2011 12:31 pm

I was suspicious of the loan rulings myself, obviously with reason then.

Tue Aug 30, 2011 4:13 pm

Some good points in there!

Tue Aug 30, 2011 4:39 pm

TLG having another go at this board. No surprise there.

Tue Aug 30, 2011 5:21 pm

I think you can agree a standard loan outside these dates, providing a permanant deal is agreed to follow in the future.
Ie Cardiff pay a percentage of CBs wages for the season and then sign him, even for a nominal fee, at the end of the year.

I may be reading the rules wrong though as they are unclear.

PS> Totally agree that there is no need to have a dig at anyone from this board when he does his blogs. Its a shame because I enjoy reading them and they well researched, but the constant negative remarks make him seem childish at a cost to his credibility.

Tue Aug 30, 2011 5:47 pm

griff105 wrote:I think you can agree a standard loan outside these dates, providing a permanant deal is agreed to follow in the future.
Ie Cardiff pay a percentage of CBs wages for the season and then sign him, even for a nominal fee, at the end of the year.

I may be reading the rules wrong though as they are unclear.

PS> Totally agree that there is no need to have a dig at anyone from this board when he does his blogs. Its a shame because I enjoy reading them and they well researched, but the constant negative remarks make him seem childish at a cost to his credibility.

Yeh ur rite there mate i enjoy his posts its a shame that he has to act like a kid and make sneaky remarks about carl just to please the CCMB lot, very strange individual

Tue Aug 30, 2011 6:13 pm

Some good point spoilt by his petty jealousy of Carl yet again, what is it with him. :(

Tue Aug 30, 2011 6:41 pm

BigGwynram wrote:Some good point spoilt by his petty jealousy of Carl yet again, what is it with him. :(

Did Carl pick on him in school? :roll:

Tue Aug 30, 2011 6:44 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:TLG having another go at this board. No surprise there.

I'm surprised he is even considering bellamy signing after he was so adamant Carl was mad last season for suggesting
Bellamy would join on loan :lol: :oops:

Tue Aug 30, 2011 6:46 pm

griff105 wrote:
BigGwynram wrote:Some good point spoilt by his petty jealousy of Carl yet again, what is it with him. :(

Did Carl pick on him in school? :roll:

took all his sweets off him by looks of griff :lol:

Tue Aug 30, 2011 7:09 pm

He likes to deal with facts and not speculation, you will find he is able to qualify his statements

Tue Aug 30, 2011 8:32 pm

dont quote me on this. But due to my vast experience of sitting in a chair playing football manager for weeks on end. Emergency loans can be extended for a further 3 months before the loan window closes.

so if bellamy was to join in sept, then if we renew in december for a further month, he could then go back to man city in january to re asses his options.

thats what happens on footie manager, and the game has all the rules etc.

Tue Aug 30, 2011 8:59 pm

2blue2handle wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:TLG having another go at this board. No surprise there.

I'm surprised he is even considering bellamy signing after he was so adamant Carl was mad last season for suggesting
Bellamy would join on loan :lol: :oops:

Indeed.

Tue Aug 30, 2011 9:01 pm

Taffs Well Blue wrote:

He likes to deal with facts and not speculation, you will find he is able to qualify his statements

And what about his speculation about Bellamy NOT coming to us last season?

Tue Aug 30, 2011 9:21 pm

Taffs Well Blue wrote:

he's a childish bitter prick.

for instance, who is this 'fans leader'???

Thats not a fact is it?

its a classic case of dummy spitting, sad fucker.

Tue Aug 30, 2011 9:23 pm

taffyapple wrote:
Taffs Well Blue wrote:

Thats not a fact is it?

It let's his entire post down especially because he knows it's not something Carl would call himself and something the echo printed. Shame as could have been a good post.

Tue Aug 30, 2011 9:38 pm

The big difference in what is written above is that I passed on information that Craig Bellamy would be speaking with another club and that the club would be Liverpool, I wrote the reasons why also.

I then wrote a post that I clearly stated was my opinion and what I may think might happen but yet again my words are being twisted to suit the needs of others to try and belittle and ridicule.

One) -The 'Bellamy update' was what I had been told - which in turn proved to be correct and the story became a 'story' days after I reported it and when I updated on the situation I did add the following words - 'Does it mean his move back to Cardiff is totally off, then no would be the answer but it is extremely unlikely unless of course we enter the loan window and his situation is unresolved and Man City give in and allow Craig to re-sign for Cardiff on a similar deal to last season or they terminate his contract and pay the majority of it.'

Two) - The 'My Opinion' thread was exactly that my opinion on what may happen - guess I am not allowed an opinion anymore as it must read as gospel and happen exactly as I may think otherwise I am wrong. :roll:

Tue Aug 30, 2011 9:41 pm

Carl out :oops: :lol:

Tue Aug 30, 2011 9:51 pm

2blue2handle wrote:Carl out :oops: :lol:

:lol:

Tue Aug 30, 2011 9:55 pm

:lol: :lol: never mind i am off to bed shagged out :ayatollah:

Tue Aug 30, 2011 10:50 pm

I see there is plenty of speculation today about the possibility of Craig Bellamy joining Cardiff on loan after the transfer window has closed. Having clearly stated last week that Bellamy had agreed a move elsewhere and would definitely not be joining City, I note the Fans' Leader is once again covering all bases on the other board. No surprise there.

However, what does surprise me is that nobody seems to be taking into account the Football League rules regarding Emergency Loans when discussing Bellamy's situation.

The fact is there are two types of loan deal open to players of Bellamy's age. The first is known as a Standard Loan, which can be for a period of half a season or a full season. Such loans can only be made during the main transfer windows.

Then there is an Emergency Loan. That's the one where Football League clubs can borrow players from Premier League clubs (or other Football League clubs) outside of the normal transfer window.

The first Emergency Loan window opens seven days after the main transfer window closes and remains open until 5pm on the fourth Thursday in November. However, an Emergency Loan can only be made for a maximum of 93 days.

Therefore, if Bellamy were to join Cardiff on loan in early-September, he would only be able to stay with the club until early-December. He would then have to return to Manchester City.

Having studied the rules, I think it would be possible for him to then rejoin the club in January on a Standard Loan for the remainder of the season, but he definitely wouldn't be able to come back on another Emergency Loan, as 93 days is the maximum period that a player can play for any one club on an Emergency Loan during the season.

Perhaps Bellamy would like to come back here for an initial three months before returning to Man City and reassesing his options during the January transfer window. Or perhaps Man City would allow him a three-month loan before seeking to offload him permanently in January. But would Malky Mackay be happy with either arrangement?

Having read through today's threads on this subject, it seems to me that most contributors appear to believe Bellamy would be able to join City on loan for the rest of the season if he doesn't go elsewhere before the current transfer window closes, but it definitely ain't that simple. The rules don't allow for such a scenario.

[Updated on: Mon, 29 August 2011 17:23][/quote]

What is TLG stands on this then :?: Does he think that Bellers will still be a Man City player come 11.00 p.m. on 31-08-2011.
Would like to know as - we can all make predictions...so can he from a 3rd party make his....and then i will make mine :?:

Wed Aug 31, 2011 7:06 am

taffyapple wrote:
Taffs Well Blue wrote:

Thats not a fact is it?

He is able to qualify that statement as Carl was described in the Echo as such, your response suggests there is more than one childish prick out there

Wed Aug 31, 2011 7:18 am

All I can see is that the TLG has read the Football League rulebook regarding loans and is trying to translate the rules in lay mans terms ......... I dont know if anything has been lost in translation there as I dont know the rules , and also the " fans leader " was correct in his 1st post regarding Bellamy and LFC so whats the problem then with the TLG and his comment there at Carl ? Carl has then said that his 2nd post was purely his own opinion of which we are all allowed to have !

As Gwyn points out its jealousy again coz 1 writer as an online blog and a dseire for message board hero status whereas the other does indeed have a regular Saturday morning coloumn on The Echo read by thousands :ayatollah: :D :ayatollah:

Wed Aug 31, 2011 7:34 am

Taffs Well Blue wrote:
taffyapple wrote:
Taffs Well Blue wrote:

Thats not a fact is it?

He is able to qualify that statement as Carl was described in the Echo as such, your response suggests there is more than one childish prick out there

No feller.

His 'statement' was both interesting and informative.

But he blows it all out the water with a childish dig at
Carl. I suspect emotional problems and perhaps irrational
feelings of inadequacy?? You obviously know him..ask
him why he cant just concentrate on being HIM