Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: £9,000 a week and Coventry offer £5,000 a week

Tue Aug 30, 2011 8:32 am

I'd like to see him get given a run in the team but it looks like he could be a victim of our inflated wage structure of old days

Tue Aug 30, 2011 9:16 am

I didn't realise the Beast was on 9k a week, crazy really when, as far as I'm aware, Thats what Bothroyd was on. Despite Jay's shortcomings he was a decent striker, no disrespect to Parkin but perhaps his 9k a week would have been better spent keeping Jay on for another season.

And before all the Jay haters start, yes I know his attitude was not in fitting with the club with all his diving and rolling about, but under MM's leadership who knows how he would have played.....

Tue Aug 30, 2011 9:19 am

so basically we need to pay him 4k a week to leave for a year??

whats that 200k?? tbh id do it asap and just dismiss it as extra transfer fees involved

Tue Aug 30, 2011 9:41 am

jezzy666 wrote:so basically we need to pay him 4k a week to leave for a year??

whats that 200k?? tbh id do it asap and just dismiss it as extra transfer fees involved

i feel the same,parkin while beeing a nice guy and a character in the dressing room is simply not good enough and has no future at the club,turner seems to be the kind of defender weve been crying out for the last couple of seasons.we need toi do everything possible to ensure this deal goes through

Tue Aug 30, 2011 10:12 am

Is parking contracted for two years if so then we would have to pay double wouldn't we?

Tue Aug 30, 2011 11:51 am

Gavlar wrote:I didn't realise the Beast was on 9k a week, crazy really when, as far as I'm aware, Thats what Bothroyd was on. Despite Jay's shortcomings he was a decent striker, no disrespect to Parkin but perhaps his 9k a week would have been better spent keeping Jay on for another season.

And before all the Jay haters start, yes I know his attitude was not in fitting with the club with all his diving and rolling about, but under MM's leadership who knows how he would have played.....

Would have needed a lot more than that. Jay is on 60 grand a week at QPR. Not a bad pay rise as he was on about 7k with us.

Oh, and he got a "substantial" signing on fee. I have no details on that amount
:ayatollah:

Tue Aug 30, 2011 11:52 am

Ruislip Blue wrote:
Gavlar wrote:I didn't realise the Beast was on 9k a week, crazy really when, as far as I'm aware, Thats what Bothroyd was on. Despite Jay's shortcomings he was a decent striker, no disrespect to Parkin but perhaps his 9k a week would have been better spent keeping Jay on for another season.

Would have needed a lot more than that. Jay is on 60 grand a week at QPR. Not a bad pay rise as he was on about 7k with us.

Oh, and he got a "substantial" signing on fee. I have no details on that amount
:ayatollah:

Jay is on 60k a week at QPR :o :o

You serious? :lol:

Tue Aug 30, 2011 12:17 pm

Jay is on £25k a week plus bonuses £60k my arse

Tue Aug 30, 2011 12:23 pm

Igovernor wrote:Jay is on £25k a week plus bonuses £60k my arse

I have a contact within the club who assures me this is the case

I was as sceptical as anyone. This person is adamant that this is the case. :ayatollah:

Tue Aug 30, 2011 12:31 pm

I find it f*cking annoying that Parkin is on 9k a week here

what the f**k was Jones thinking? Sign a lad on, pay him top
dollar... then not give him a game cos he isnt good enough?

No offence to the big feller, but being big isnt enough, you need
pace too.

Its as if Jones mentality was

"he tore my defence (the one i picked) to shreds... he must be brilliant!!"

Tue Aug 30, 2011 1:48 pm

Ruislip Blue wrote:

I was as sceptical as anyone. This person is adamant that this is the case. :ayatollah:

i think someones having you on there mate

Tue Aug 30, 2011 9:47 pm

Warrior wrote:Coventry have offered Parkin £5,000 a week,yet City pay him £9,000 a week, Parkin has said he will go as long as City pay up the difference. I am not a fan of Parkin but totally support his stance, City at the moment wont pay him the difference.
Carl can you update us on this ?

You are indeed correct, Parkin is on £9k a week at City and yes Coventry offered to pay him £5k but Parky wanted City to settle the difference, yesterday this looked like being a stumbling block in the deal to land Turner.

As you know now Parkin and Turner have had medicals and the words from the club are ' the deal is moving in the right direction' obviously not a done deal but it is certainly at an advanced stage.

Also worth noting that Parkin and Gyepes were both enquired about regarding a loan deal to Plymouth but Malky said no as there was a lack of cover.

If Turner comes and Parkin goes to Coventry, then I would expect Plymouth to return and ask again about the availability of Gyepes and it would also suggest that Malky has a striker in the bag ready to come in.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Aug 30, 2011 11:26 pm

Ruislip Blue wrote:

Absolute bullshit that Jay is on 60k per week and funny how everyone seems to have a source here there and everywhere... lmao :lol:

Tue Aug 30, 2011 11:31 pm

carlccfc wrote:
Warrior wrote:Coventry have offered Parkin £5,000 a week,yet City pay him £9,000 a week, Parkin has said he will go as long as City pay up the difference. I am not a fan of Parkin but totally support his stance, City at the moment wont pay him the difference.
Carl can you update us on this ?

You are indeed correct, Parkin is on £9k a week at City and yes Coventry offered to pay him £5k but Parky wanted City to settle the difference, yesterday this looked like being a stumbling block in the deal to land Turner.

As you know now Parkin and Turner have had medicals and the words from the club are ' the deal is moving in the right direction' obviously not a done deal but it is certainly at an advanced stage.

Also worth noting that Parkin and Gyepes were both enquired about regarding a loan deal to Plymouth but Malky said no as there was a lack of cover.

If Turner comes and Parkin goes to Coventry, then I would expect Plymouth to return and ask again about the availability of Gyepes and it would also suggest that Malky has a striker in the bag ready to come in.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Parkin on 9k a week no wonder the fat sod doesn't want leave,, But thats unbelievable 9k for an average {and thats being kind } lower league striker.. the previous regime need to have a good kick in their bollocks..!!

Tue Aug 30, 2011 11:59 pm

Makes you realise how much football has lost touch with the real world. Even overweight has-beens get more in a year than the prime minister, bonkers.