Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Turner passes Cardiff medical but holds out for Birmingham

Tue Aug 30, 2011 7:49 am

BEN TURNER has passed a medical at Cardiff City but would prefer a move to his boyhood team Birmingham City, the Telegraph understands.

The Coventry City centre-back is on the verge of leaving the Ricoh Arena before the transfer window closes on Wednesday evening.

The Bluebirds have offered Jon ‘The Beast’ Parkin in a cash-plus-player deal – believed to be worth £750,000 – for Turner.

However such a switch would seem odd, given that the big target man doesn’t seem to readily fit in with Thorn’s football philosophy.

Birmingham are also understood to be considering resurrecting their interest in centre-half Turner if Scott Dann is snapped up by QPR – the latest club to be linked with the former City defender.

Dann's move would provide a much-needed cash windfall for the hard-up Sky Blues after the club agreed a sell-on fee when he left the Ricoh Arena two years ago

Read More http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/covent ... z1WUpulAUw

Re: Turner passes Cardiff medical but holds out for Birmingham

Tue Aug 30, 2011 9:37 am

if turners not 100 % commited to becoming a cardiff city player he can f**k off to brum or stay at coventry as far as im concerned,we need players that are going to be on the same page and give everything they have not wishing they were somewhere else

Tue Aug 30, 2011 9:41 am

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=58326
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=58335 :ayatollah:

Tue Aug 30, 2011 9:44 am

englishbluebird wrote:if turners not 100 % commited to becoming a cardiff city player he can f**k off to brum or stay at coventry as far as im concerned,we need players that are going to be on the same page and give everything they have not wishing they were somewhere else

100% agreed

Tue Aug 30, 2011 9:54 am

let him go to birmingham if he is not commited to us what a prick i dont want to see someone in a cardiff kit if they are not 100%
commited to our club :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Aug 30, 2011 9:54 am

theres no proof or quotes from the article and just paper talk. calllmmmm down:P

Tue Aug 30, 2011 10:02 am

englishbluebird wrote:if turners not 100 % commited to becoming a cardiff city player he can f**k off to brum or stay at coventry as far as im concerned,we need players that are going to be on the same page and give everything they have not wishing they were somewhere else

Too right, cheerio no one should use our club to manipulate a move somewhere else.

Tue Aug 30, 2011 10:26 am

You gotta take your CCFC specs off to view this in the right light.If brum have offered him a similar deal then in his eyes its probably the better move.

Doesn't have to up sticks and move down here with his family(if hes got one)
From his point of view probably sees Brum as a bigger club

I just hope the Malky factor turns his head as I believe this boy's a goodun.

Tue Aug 30, 2011 10:44 am

Sneggyblubird wrote:You gotta take your CCFC specs off to view this in the right light.If brum have offered him a similar deal then in his eyes its probably the better move.

You cant blame him for holding out for his boyhood club. If it was me playing for Cov and Brum wanted to sign me and CCFC were interested I'd hold out for CCFC.

Tue Aug 30, 2011 10:52 am

I dont see how him having a preferential club (if even true) makes him less committed?
Every player would have a prefered choice, doesnt mean they are less committed.

Tue Aug 30, 2011 10:53 am

Sneggyblubird wrote:I just hope the Malky factor turns his head as I believe this boy's a goodun.

Can I politely ask what the 'Malky factor' is? Players who have played under him before see him as a manager they want to play for but to other players who haven't, he's just another manager. I like Malky, but come on, let's not get too carried away about him just yet. When he wins us something, yes. But not yet, eh?

Tue Aug 30, 2011 11:22 am

2blue2handle wrote:I dont see how him having a preferential club (if even true) makes him less committed?
Every player would have a prefered choice, doesnt mean they are less committed.

I agree, there are too many negative posts on this potential signing as it is!

Although, I'd like him to sign for us, he can choose to sign for whoever he wants!

If he chooses to come to us, then I can't see that he'll not be committed to our cause! :ayatollah:

Tue Aug 30, 2011 11:25 am

Nottage Blue wrote:
Sneggyblubird wrote:I just hope the Malky factor turns his head as I believe this boy's a goodun.

Can I politely ask what the 'Malky factor' is? Players who have played under him before see him as a manager they want to play for but to other players who haven't, he's just another manager. I like Malky, but come on, let's not get too carried away about him just yet. When he wins us something, yes. But not yet, eh?

Players rate managers too,Cowie has gone on record as saying Malky was a factor in him comming here.Other players have commented too.Whittingham this week is another.While I agree that any manager is ultimatley judged on results this man seems to have the club bubbling again at the moment which given the short tome he's been here is no mean feat. :ayatollah:

Tue Aug 30, 2011 11:35 am

Nottage Blue wrote:

Malky does have something about him. His ethos regarding how he sees football
being played, and how footballers prepare for games is second to none. An
ambitious player would want a manager like him. Turner might just want to play
for his childhood team, cant blame him!

Tue Aug 30, 2011 11:42 am

Can anyone honestly see Birmingham afford to match or even bigger our offer?

With all that shit there in, i honestly cant see it

Tue Aug 30, 2011 11:53 am

Sneggyblubird wrote:
Nottage Blue wrote:

Players rate managers too,Cowie has gone on record as saying Malky was a factor in him comming here.Other players have commented too.Whittingham this week is another.While I agree that any manager is ultimatley judged on results this man seems to have the club bubbling again at the moment which given the short tome he's been here is no mean feat. :ayatollah:

Absolutely, but by quoting what Don Cowie has said just backs up what I said about him. It's players who've played under him who are saying this. Ditto Whitts opinion. I agree that he has something about him but I don't think his reputation as a manager is so great that people will be snubbing us for so-called bigger clubs. I think he will turn out to be an excellent manager but he's only been in the management game 5 minutes. Not long enough to build up a reputation among players who haven't played under him yet

Tue Aug 30, 2011 12:02 pm

Can anyone honestly see Birmingham afford to match or even bigger our offer?

This all depends on if they lose Scott Dann before window closes. If they sell him they will go for Turner who will be on less wage and a fraction of the cost of Dann. Think it's only right Turner waits to see what happens at his boyhood club, hope it doesn't run late into tomorrow or MM will need a quick backup target

Tue Aug 30, 2011 12:06 pm

Sneggyblubird wrote:You gotta take your CCFC specs off to view this in the right light.If brum have offered him a similar deal then in his eyes its probably the better move.

Agreed, cant blame him one bit if his boyhood club are interested in him it is obviously a dream to play for them.

Some people on this board are so f*cking one eyed its untrue.

Tue Aug 30, 2011 12:11 pm

Nottage Blue wrote:
Sneggyblubird wrote:
Nottage Blue wrote:

Absolutely, but by quoting what Don Cowie has said just backs up what I said about him. It's players who've played under him who are saying this. Ditto Whitts opinion. I agree that he has something about him but I don't think his reputation as a manager is so great that people will be snubbing us for so-called bigger clubs. I think he will turn out to be an excellent manager but he's only been in the management game 5 minutes. Not long enough to build up a reputation among players who haven't played under him yet

His reputation is a manager will be sod all if he dont start winning games. Thats what counts when you are a football manager.

All the ayatollahs to the crowd, ensuring the players clap the fans, and a great team spirit counts for f**k all if we end up relegated.

Tue Aug 30, 2011 12:27 pm

polo wrote:His reputation as a manager will be sod all if he dont start winning games. Thats what counts when you are a football manager.

All the ayatollahs to the crowd, ensuring the players clap the fans, and a great team spirit counts for f**k all if we end up relegated.

Thought we’d already won two matches, one away from home at a recently relegated West Ham, with a superb home win against Bristol City and 2 decent draws at teams who are still in receipt of parachute payments! :? :shock: :twisted:

Tue Aug 30, 2011 1:45 pm

so if hes passed a medical with cardiff agrees terms(which seems to be imminent) then at the last minute changes his mind and goes to birmingham because theyre his "boyhood team" thats acceptable is it ?
im not saying this boy is going to do this and like mentioned its all news papaer talk at the minute but theres so much crap clubs have to put up with from the modern day footballer

Tue Aug 30, 2011 3:55 pm

glammy74 wrote:Can anyone honestly see Birmingham afford to match or even bigger our offer?

Looks like Scott Dann is going to Blackburn for £5million, so that should fund it.

Don't blame Turner for holding out for Birmingham, he is a boyhood fan of them. Kind of like the Bellamy situation right now.

Tue Aug 30, 2011 4:05 pm

Miguel_Comminges wrote:
glammy74 wrote:Can anyone honestly see Birmingham afford to match or even bigger our offer?

Looks like Scott Dann is going to Blackburn for £5million, so that should fund it.

Don't blame Turner for holding out for Birmingham, he is a boyhood fan of them. Kind of like the Bellamy situation right now.

That £5million will need to go to running the club,not transfers because carson yeungs money is tied up

Tue Aug 30, 2011 4:29 pm

sky also reporting that he wants brum

Tue Aug 30, 2011 5:12 pm

bollocks to him

Tue Aug 30, 2011 6:34 pm

i firmly believe turner will be a bluebird tomorrow

Tue Aug 30, 2011 6:40 pm

Doesn't have to up sticks and move down here with his family(if hes got one).

agreed
he can play for his boyhood club and wont have to move house.

Thats assuming its true and not just his agent trying to improve his stock.

Lets try to be slightly less negative lads?

Tue Aug 30, 2011 6:42 pm

englishbluebird wrote:so if hes passed a medical with cardiff agrees terms(which seems to be imminent) then at the last minute changes his mind and goes to birmingham because theyre his "boyhood team" thats acceptable is it ?
im not saying this boy is going to do this and like mentioned its all news papaer talk at the minute but theres so much crap clubs have to put up with from the modern day footballer

That's football, like someone else said would you do the same if it was reversed and you were waiting on Cardiff?

Or could it just be that someone noticed he supported brum and that brum were selling a defender and put 2+2 and got 5

Tue Aug 30, 2011 6:49 pm

Im sure Malky won't sign up any players who are to big for his boots and not putting any effort in. In Malky we Trust!
all we need is 1 or 2 midfielders for cover and 1 striker.

Tue Aug 30, 2011 7:08 pm

have some perspective here fellas and gals. who had Turner on their radar up til saturday then?, Exactly, if he comes and is committed then all well and good, if he goes elsewhere then whats been lost anyway. managers have more than 1 option these days, hence not Chambers and im sure there are others too. One more thing, will he pass the medical? He hasnt played since last nov and this is surely a big gamble too. :ayatollah: :old: