Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

leicester at it again

Mon Aug 29, 2011 8:17 pm

bid for andy johnson fulham. :o

Re: leicester at it again

Mon Aug 29, 2011 8:18 pm

I worry for Leicester, glad our owners seem to have some sense of budget.

Mon Aug 29, 2011 8:20 pm

exactly,but thats their problem. :ayatollah:

Mon Aug 29, 2011 8:20 pm

2blue2handle wrote:I worry for Leicester, glad our owners seem to have some sense of budget.

you got a jealous tone there? :ayatollah:

Mon Aug 29, 2011 8:31 pm

No not at all, seen our chairman waste money for past ten years or so. It's all debt at the end of the day and with the we new rules coming into effect next season with regards to turnover/expenditure etc etc I can't see how they will manage unless they go up.

Mon Aug 29, 2011 8:56 pm

2blue2handle wrote:No not at all, seen our chairman waste money for past ten years or so. It's all debt at the end of the day and with the we new rules coming into effect next season with regards to turnover/expenditure etc etc I can't see how they will manage unless they go up.

how rich are our owners? manageable debt is the key word here. meaning. you win the lottery and get a mortgage for your house?

Mon Aug 29, 2011 11:56 pm

Looks like Leicester are not going to give up on Nicky Maynard also ....

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/transfe ... 93093.html

Tue Aug 30, 2011 12:05 am

I still see them making play offs at best...

Tue Aug 30, 2011 12:13 am

sammorgz wrote:I still see them making play offs at best...

With the squad they have got,and players still to bring in they should be in the top 2.

I Still think it will be WHU with one other :?: And i agree with you sammorgz :ayatollah: i think they will be in the play offs at best ;)

Tue Aug 30, 2011 1:04 am

TopCat CCFC wrote:

With the squad they have got,and players still to bring in they should be in the top 2.

I Still think it will be WHU with one other :?: And i agree with you sammorgz :ayatollah: i think they will be in the play offs at best ;)

leicester for the play offs. should make the play offs, I think brighton will be automatic contenders, they have played the way they are playing all of last season won the league, they have played good teams an consistancy is something gus poyet is obviously mastered

Tue Aug 30, 2011 7:13 am

ccfc_cotta wrote:
TopCat CCFC wrote:

leicester for the play offs. should make the play offs, I think brighton will be automatic contenders, they have played the way they are playing all of last season won the league, they have played good teams an consistancy is something gus poyet is obviously mastered

How can you say Poyet has mastered consistency when they're only 5 games into the season? What he did last season counts for nothing in this league, apart from keeping the momentum going, and I'm not sure if they can go up automatically as it's far too early in the season to tell yet. I think it will be Leicester and West Ham to go up but think Brighton are a very good bet for the play offs.

I, too, am glad that we're not going on another spending splurge and I think Malky's being intelligent about the way he's buying players but Leicester are obviously gambling on going up, they seem to have the cash and the manager to do it. But, if they fail then they could really be up shit street

Wed Aug 31, 2011 12:04 am

When will they ever stop :shock:

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/transfe ... 93384.html

Wed Aug 31, 2011 12:10 am

TopCat CCFC wrote:When will they ever stop :shock:

I cant see Everton selling him.. leave them with no time to get a decent replacement

Wed Aug 31, 2011 12:14 am

glammy74 wrote:
TopCat CCFC wrote:When will they ever stop :shock:

I cant see Everton selling him.. leave them with no time to get a decent replacement

I Hope so glammy :ayatollah: As Beckford is a class act in this division.