Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Will football eventually collapse?

Mon Aug 29, 2011 4:59 pm

Be honest do you think football can continue to operate in these conditions of overinflated transfer fees and salary’s. Look at the wages Man City are paying their players it is absolutely unbelievable. Best of luck to the players receiving them but how long can the elite clubs continue like this?
I think football is seriously in trouble and I do wonder when shit will hit the fan. The debt, foreign ownership (particularly the ones who own clubs as an hobby with their loose change), corruption (FIFA, Italian football , betting scandals), TV rights, agents fee etc etc.

Remember when it was just a sport?

Re: Will football eventually collapse?

Mon Aug 29, 2011 5:12 pm

Hit the nail on the head there mate and that's why its important for the Malaysians to stabilise things financially here and turn us into a profitable club, because this club will benefit from that policy in the long run. However I am afraid a lot of British clubs and big clubs at that are saddled with such high debt that they will fall by the wayside. Football is in for a rocky future, the bubble will eventually burst.

Mon Aug 29, 2011 5:30 pm

It will eventually just become a big european super league for the clubs with a plethora of riches

Mon Aug 29, 2011 5:33 pm

Nope football will never collapse.

Why because us true fans on here will go and support AFC whatever name we are supporting now. :ayatollah:

Mon Aug 29, 2011 5:33 pm

It's mental at the mo the rich and the rest. I think Football is so much part of the culture of the UK the clubs will always survive but in what form I do not know.
In old days the Local Businessman owned the club and normally ran it badly but you knew where you were now it's far eastern Consortiums etc load of shite

Mon Aug 29, 2011 6:28 pm

Good post... with all Uefa's and Fifa's (Proposed)sanctions in regards to how many foreign players and only spending what you earn, will cause even more problem IMO. You honestly expect clubs like Real Barca Ac Inter Citeh and utd are gonna accept not being able to buy a certain player becuz they dont earn enuff.. bollox they will form some omega lge format seprate from champs lge even prem...watch the money dissappear from the comps if they do..

Mon Aug 29, 2011 9:12 pm

Agree lads something is going to give surely but the more they regulate the game the more corruption will be breed.

Its rotten to the core.

Mon Aug 29, 2011 9:22 pm

tylerdurdenisabluebird wrote:It will eventually just become a big european super league for the clubs with a plethora of riches

Agree the European Super league will not be far away . Barca just smashed 5 -0 result in , be getting boring for them soon and will want bigger challenges and riches like the 2 mancs , Chelski etc etc.

The breakaway will happen.

Mon Aug 29, 2011 10:11 pm

with the amount of money that is involved and continually growing, its inevitable,

the super clubs have become real life dream team, fantasy football. the elite of the elite all in one side, you have to give credit to alex furgason for his scouting ability and the ability to spot potentialand work with youngsters.

also arsene wenger.

but chelsea and man city , is a farce, there will never be a repeat of blackburn rovers shock win of the premier league and it does spoil it a bit knowing its the same teams every year who take the best players which in my eyes is corruption ,

MONEY talks

Mon Aug 29, 2011 10:24 pm

Unfortunately we'll never see another Wimbledon rags to riches story again, money is killing the game & teams are buying success, even Blackburn only won the league due to Jack Walkers bank account & the same is happening at Man City.The game a lot of us knew as kids is long gone.