Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" MY OPINION " ON CRAIG BELLAMY

Mon Aug 29, 2011 9:29 am

My Opinion

As we now know Bellamy has had talks with Liverpool, after being granted a free transfer by Man City, but talks have stalled at present over wages. There is definite interest from Tottenham also.

But it is my opinion that Craig Bellamy is taking the negotiations past the transfer window deadline and then once the loan window opens a week later, the ball game changes again.

Once the deadline passes Craig can sit at Man City for the full wage or he can then go on loan and the loaning club pay a percentage of the wage.

How much of the loan is paid depends on Man City agreeing of course but they may be over a barrel if Craig has set his heart on one club and if that one club is Cardiff, who I believe, will only pay £30k per week then Man City have a choice pay the full £75k per week to a player that will play in the reserves or allow him a move to a club that will pay 40% of the wage.

The other option will be for Man City to terminate his contract and pay him over £2.4million of a contract worth £4million to be shot of him completely.

Bellamy holds a very strong hand in my opinion and if he wants the move to Cardiff then I believe he is making negotiations very difficult to get his wish.

Obviously Mancini and Man City could be stubborn and refuse any deal that doesn't suit them especially if they believe Craig is manufacturing a move but they want shot of him and this could be their only hope. Craig is no longer training at the same time as the first team and must train at 3pm along with the other outcasts and Eastlands and he is not happy with the new training times.

The next 10 days could be very interesting indeed.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: MY OPINION ON CRAIG BELLAMY

Mon Aug 29, 2011 9:31 am

Ahhhhhhhhhhh - think we are best just waiting as this saga changes - man city may just say rot in the reserves and then cb will be in the proverbials

Mon Aug 29, 2011 9:37 am

as you know 'written contracts'' are in place to protect both parties but on this occasion craig has the upper hand

any chance of Ramsey having a tantrum and performing with Wenger :o

Mon Aug 29, 2011 9:43 am

We were talking about this in work this morning. I can't see bellers going anywhere in the transfer window.

He is showing willing by reports of talks with Liverpool and Spurs which may go in his favour when he meets with Man City again on 1st Sep and says he tried hard to get a transfer but with no joy.

As he can't be loaned to another prem club he could opt for a loan move to the championship with us or he will have his contract paid in some way by Man City again opening the door for a return to us.

Mon Aug 29, 2011 9:44 am

Interesting that you mention the next 10 days Carl because the Football League loan window opens in 10 days time. If Craig does take his move past the Transfer Window closing then his only playing options will be a loan deal to a FL club.

Now which club could that be. ;)

Mon Aug 29, 2011 9:45 am

castleblue wrote:Interesting that you mention the next 10 days Carl because the Football League loan window opens in 10 days time. If Craig does take his move past the Transfer Window closing then his only playing options will be a loan deal to a FL club.

acrington stanley :o :o :o :o

Mon Aug 29, 2011 9:49 am

castleblue wrote:Interesting that you mention the next 10 days Carl because the Football League loan window opens in 10 days time. If Craig does take his move past the Transfer Window closing then his only playing options will be a loan deal to a FL club.

Not necessarily as carl says they may chose to terminate his contract after the transfer window closes then he becomes a free agent and can sign at any time for us :ayatollah:

Mon Aug 29, 2011 9:49 am

bluebirdbaz wrote:

Who are They ???? EXACTLY :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Aug 29, 2011 9:53 am

ihatealiens wrote:

Not necessarily as carl says they may chose to terminate his contract after the transfer window closes then he becomes a free agent and can sign at any time for us :ayatollah:
if they terminate they will have to pay him the rest of his contract in full

Mon Aug 29, 2011 10:02 am

hmmm interesting points carl im told both liverpool and spurs are refusing to pay any more than 65% of craigs current wages. Craig is furious at haven to train with just 4 or 5 players a day and in middle of the afternoon rather than the morning. Craig initially told mancinin he would fight for place if mancini thought he was needed now the situation is very strained and any move before wednesday to anybody looks difficult. im told craig would have gone to either spurs or liverpool had they maintained his current wage level but as stated above they feel his wages are far too high. Unless either club stumps up in order to push the deal through craig will remain at man city. If he doesnt move i think he holds all the cards and a loan move here isnt out of the question. my personal feeling on this is that a club will take him on those wages before wednesday. Ill try to keep in touch with contact to see if the situation changes over next 3 days

Mon Aug 29, 2011 10:03 am

bluebirdbaz wrote:
ihatealiens wrote:

if they terminate they will have to pay him the rest of his contract in full

Unless Baz they agree on a figure which I believe Craig will want it to be £2.4 million in order for the £30k per week that City are offering will make up to his current £4million contract he currently has.

Mon Aug 29, 2011 10:03 am

Do we want him here? The only position I'd play him in is the striker role, along side someone like Gestede - which we already have Earnshaw and Miller for. Although I'd snap at the chance to have Bellamy over Earnshaw and Miller, one of the latter two would be wasted if Bellamy is rested for a game (e.g. last season when his knees were playing up).

Mon Aug 29, 2011 10:07 am

I've been believing this scenario all along.

I'm confident Bellamy will return. It comes as no surprise to me that this has stretched to the loan window. Craig was always going to speak to other clubs to see what they have to offer. Yes he wants to come back here but if a deal comes along that he can't turn down then he is going to go for it. What most of us did not see is he fact it would be very difficult for another club to match what Craig is getting at Man City. Even if a club came in offering him a 2 year deal I doubt very much it would be more money that he can get at Man City for the remaining one year of his present contract.

Mon Aug 29, 2011 10:17 am

After initially putting himself over a barrel by stating that there is only one club he will be playing for this season Craig is playing the game and even managing to spin the entire media on it's head. It surprises me that after coming out with such a solid statement with almost no "get out clause'" the media still follow all the stories of Liverpool, Stoke, Sunderland, Tottenham, The Filth, Everton........... Barry town etc and appear to completely forget about the statements CB has made, perhaps his media reputation removes his integrity and basically nobody believes a word he says? (This is how it looks to me). CB may be many things but a Liar to CCFC fans - not at all. The situation may have changed but I still believe he will be here soon, likely after the TF window closes and we take him on loan

The common denominator here is the simple fact that only playing for CCFC has had any consistency, all the rest appears to be concocted by Joseph Goebbels as pure propaganda. All the folks that feel pissed with the uncertainty need to control their outbursts against CB, at the end of the day we all loved him when he was here last season and we will all love him this season. It is uncomfortable for everyone but this is a waiting game and can’t be hurried. Who knows we may have already had CB here a long time ago if he hadn’t of made his public declaration. It is what it is - let's be a little patient.

He's coming home

Mon Aug 29, 2011 10:50 am

It's clear that Bellamy wants to come and play for us - whether it's this season or next - don't forget he could sign a pre-contract agreement with us in January and join us in May next year - IF he is still on the books at Man City. The trouble is that if signs for someone else they will want to offer him a 2 year deal... meaning any move to us will be dead and buried... he doesn't want to wait another 2 years before playing for us again and will in fact probably be thinking of hanging up his boots then anyway.

Mon Aug 29, 2011 10:53 am

ive said from day one he will sign here again :D :ayatollah:
money is no issue to Manchester city, would they rather him go to a team (cardiff) which will have no effect on them. or Tottenham/liverpool who will give them a run for there money?

bellamy is a bluebird :D :ayatollah:

Mon Aug 29, 2011 12:36 pm

I can't see anyone paying him 90k a week so that leaves us or man city surely.

Mon Aug 29, 2011 12:55 pm

2blue2handle wrote:I can't see anyone paying him 90k a week so that leaves us or man city surely.

Best I've heard is he could get around £50k and that will be with the likes of Tottenham and Liverpool. That is also on the condition that it is a free transfer. Craig would then have to forfit his compensation from Man City which he is simple not going to do.

So it is looking more and more likely a loan move for him. I would imagine Tottenham and Liverpool would offer Man City £50k, someone like QPR would match our mark of £30k. Craig would simple turn down all the others as he will not be out of pocket now. Only issue is would Man City allow him to come to us for the sake of £20k a week. I think they will.

Mon Aug 29, 2011 3:00 pm

jhippno wrote:After initially putting himself over a barrel by stating that there is only one club he will be playing for this season Craig is playing the game and even managing to spin the entire media on it's head. It surprises me that after coming out with such a solid statement with almost no "get out clause'" the media still follow all the stories of Liverpool, Stoke, Sunderland, Tottenham, The Filth, Everton........... Barry town etc and appear to completely forget about the statements CB has made, perhaps his media reputation removes his integrity and basically nobody believes a word he says? (This is how it looks to me). CB may be many things but a Liar to CCFC fans - not at all. The situation may have changed but I still believe he will be here soon, likely after the TF window closes and we take him on loan

The common denominator here is the simple fact that only playing for CCFC has had any consistency, all the rest appears to be concocted by Joseph Goebbels as pure propaganda. All the folks that feel pissed with the uncertainty need to control their outbursts against CB, at the end of the day we all loved him when he was here last season and we will all love him this season. It is uncomfortable for everyone but this is a waiting game and can’t be hurried. Who knows we may have already had CB here a long time ago if he hadn’t of made his public declaration. It is what it is - let's be a little patient.

He's coming home

Totally agree - I believe that Craig will be a Bluebird again - and soon

:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Aug 29, 2011 3:23 pm

He will be a prem player by the end of the window forget us it ain't
Happening

Mon Aug 29, 2011 3:49 pm

i can def see bellamy going on loan again... with santa cruz, adebayor and weiss all now loaned out, its only a matter of time before they dod the same with bellamy... its looks like only sw phillips will be sold, but that too is having sticking points with wages...

Re: " MY OPINION " ON CRAIG BELLAMY

Mon Aug 29, 2011 4:50 pm

90K per week unreal.

Football is crazy. The likes of Man City are killing off the sport. :old: :old:

Mon Aug 29, 2011 4:52 pm

The difference between Cruz swp with Bellers is that Bellers is I'n his
Last year the others have longer on there contracts

Mon Aug 29, 2011 5:11 pm

carl

I thought you said there was no chance him coming to cardiff last week ?.

Mon Aug 29, 2011 5:25 pm

Exactly, just posting false and misleading hope

Mon Aug 29, 2011 7:04 pm

we all know how good bellamy is but i think 30 grand a week would be better spent in getting 2 or 3 good quality championship players instead of one special player :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Aug 29, 2011 7:17 pm

bluebirdbaz wrote:

Accrinton Stanley!...who are they?...lol

Mon Aug 29, 2011 7:20 pm

Am I missing something here? Carl has stated Bellamy is on £75,000 per week, but everyone else on this post is stating he's on £90,000 a week. Which is it?

Mon Aug 29, 2011 7:21 pm

headshot wrote:we all know how good bellamy is but i think 30 grand a week would be better spent in getting 2 or 3 good quality championship players instead of one special player :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

He is not just another player - last year he was "the" game changer, plus he will help to raise the clubs profile and potentially attract other players

Mon Aug 29, 2011 7:24 pm

jhippno wrote:
headshot wrote:we all know how good bellamy is but i think 30 grand a week would be better spent in getting 2 or 3 good quality championship players instead of one special player :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

He is not just another player - last year he was "the" game changer, plus he will help to raise the clubs profile and potentially attract other players

well it didnt get us promoted did it ffs