Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Rodrigo Inigo Del Hoyo

Mon Aug 29, 2011 8:50 am

A Mexican CB is having a two week trial at the club and with the Ben Turner transfer likely to go ahead before Wednesday that could leave us with 6 CB at the club.

Obviously Gypes is on borrowed time but which of the other CB woud you expect MM to be looking to move out and more importantly will he be able to. Apparently the Ben Turner transfer is in doubt because Jon Parkin wage demands are to rich for Coventry City.

With 2 years left on his contract are the wages of some of our players likely to handicap MM as he tries to develop the squad. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: Rodrigo Inigo Del Hoyo

Mon Aug 29, 2011 8:53 am

Gary, it is not so much that Parkin's wages are too high it is more the case they do not want him.

Mon Aug 29, 2011 8:59 am

carlccfc wrote:Gary, it is not so much that Parkin's wages are too high it is more the case they do not want him.

Is that something we should be worried about Carl as obviously MM doesn't fancy Jon Parkin. Surely MM will be looking to move a few players out and Gypes and Parkin are two players who I think he would like to move on to create some cash within his playing budget.

I cannot believe that MM doesn't have another forward target, be it a loan or permanent transfer, but sooner or later some players will have to move on. Surely. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:
Last edited by castleblue on Mon Aug 29, 2011 9:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Aug 29, 2011 8:59 am

I'd let Gypes go and sell Gerrard. I just think that Gerrard simply hasn't got what it takes. I thought he'd prove himself this season after playing well for Hull but from the Celtic game onwards he's been too prone to make mistakes and it's no coincidence that Hudson had a magnificent season when Gerrard wasn't here.

There is no doubting Gerrards passion but I can't see him being happy to sit on the bench so maybe we should cash in :ayatollah:

Mon Aug 29, 2011 9:00 am

i dont know why parkin isnt given a chance. he is a proven scorer at this leavel. he caused at lot of damage at preston.

Mon Aug 29, 2011 9:01 am

castleblue wrote:
carlccfc wrote:Gary, it is not so much that Parkin's wages are too high it is more the case they do not want him.

Is that something we should be worried about Carl as obviously MM doesn't fancy Jon Parkin. Surely MM will be looking to move a few players out and Gypes and Parkin are two players who I think he would like to move on to create some cash within his playing budget.

I cannot believe that MM doesn't have another forward target, be it a loan or permanent transfer, but sooner or later some players will have to move on. Surely. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Malky has had enquiries for both players you mentioned from the same lower league club but has said no them going out on loan as he has not got cover.

Mon Aug 29, 2011 9:06 am

carlccfc wrote:
castleblue wrote:

Malky has had enquiries for both players you mentioned from the same lower league club but has said no them going out on loan as he has not got cover.

Gypes should be gone then if this Ben Turner deal goes through, wouldn't be to a certain Devon club would it. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Aug 29, 2011 9:10 am

Lou Vogel wrote:i dont know why parkin isnt given a chance. he is a proven scorer at this leavel. he caused at lot of damage at preston.

I don't think Jon Parkin is the type of player who will fit into the style of play MM is trying to get the team playing. The Beast is more of a battering ram rather than the more subtle fluid style MM is looking to get the team playing.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Aug 29, 2011 9:15 am

Get shot of Hudson
Got to be one of the high earners at the club and the guy is just not worth it
Liability

Mon Aug 29, 2011 9:16 am

castleblue wrote:
carlccfc wrote:
castleblue wrote:

Gypes should be gone then if this Ben Turner deal goes through, wouldn't be to a certain Devon club would it. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Correct Sir :ayatollah:

Mon Aug 29, 2011 9:17 am

Cant find much at all on this del Hoyo apart from this - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ThIzqKgS ... re=related - and that he's a free agent. Could it be another malky Gem dug up :ayatollah:

Mon Aug 29, 2011 9:21 am

ihatealiens wrote:Cant find much at all on this del Hoyo apart from this - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ThIzqKgS ... re=related - and that he's a free agent. Could it be another malky Gem dug up :ayatollah:

Fair play to MM he certainly is casting the net far and wide looking for players. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Aug 29, 2011 9:30 am

The little bit I have found out about Rodrigo Inigo is that he has been playing for Club America in Mexico and didn't make the most of his opportunities there. Spent most of his time in the reserves, however when he did play for the first team it was usually as a sub. Don't really know the standard of the Mexican Football League but I would imagine it's pretty high. The fellas only 26 so should be reaching his peak. He may well be more suited to the Football League rather than Mexican Fottball because they tend to judge their players more on technical ability over there. Maybe he is more of your rugged, dogged type. Well he's a free agent and he may turn out to be a good one, let's wait and see. As for Parkin - gonna be difficult to sell isnt he if his wages are so high - another booboo from the previous management?

Mon Aug 29, 2011 10:02 am

Don't see why MM does't offer Gyepes as part of the deal ensuring we keep 4 CB's at the club.

We got Blake, McNaughton and Quinn who can cover there too really.

Mon Aug 29, 2011 10:19 am

RFMH wrote:Don't see why MM does't offer Gyepes as part of the deal ensuring we keep 4 CB's at the club.

We got Blake, McNaughton and Quinn who can cover there too really.

Coventry have apparently got a glut of CB's, but are short of forwards and do not have money to spend to buy any!

http://www.coventrycity-mad.co.uk/news/ ... ndex.shtml :ayatollah:

Mon Aug 29, 2011 10:38 am

If they don't want Parkin offer gypeas and money :ayatollah:

Mon Aug 29, 2011 10:41 am

SamCCFC1927 wrote:If they don't want Parkin offer gypeas and money :ayatollah:

Have a read of the 2 posts above yours! ;) :) :ayatollah:

Mon Aug 29, 2011 10:51 am

he is got to be one the best players in the world with that name. :ayatollah: :D

Mon Aug 29, 2011 10:51 am

i dont know anything about this mexican but i'm just thrilled that our scouting network has improved immensely under mackay. so far we have picked up someone from bratislava, the lower league in france, the spanish lower leagues and now mexico! i was always critical of the former management for not making the most of these markets. now only 2-3 months into malky's reign at this club we're already exploiting these markets. happy days

Mon Aug 29, 2011 12:16 pm

Lou Vogel wrote:i dont know why parkin isnt given a chance. he is a proven scorer at this leavel. he caused at lot of damage at preston.

Proven scorer?

Last full season with Preston, 13 in 46 games. Season before that, when on loan, sure.

The real clue is that proven scorers at this level don't get sold for 100k.

Mon Aug 29, 2011 1:05 pm

nerd wrote:

Proven scorer?

Last full season with Preston, 13 in 46 games. Season before that, when on loan, sure.

Parkin's got ability at this level but he ain't fit now and probably won't ever be.

Mon Aug 29, 2011 8:24 pm

my source tells me he looks really impressive in training. and when asked he says he wants to play english football to help support his family... thats my news

Mon Aug 29, 2011 8:27 pm

The Douce wrote:my source tells me he looks really impressive in training. and when asked he says he wants to play english football to help support his family... thats my news

Doing it for the right reasons then :ayatollah:

Mon Aug 29, 2011 8:28 pm

Loving the fact that MM is casting the net globally, just like me on Football Manager 11! :ayatollah:

Mon Aug 29, 2011 10:04 pm

Because he's totally shit thats why he isn't given a chance..!!

Mon Aug 29, 2011 10:13 pm

According to his Twitter he doesn't want to leave.

Mon Aug 29, 2011 10:54 pm

Sneggyblubird wrote:
nerd wrote:

Proven scorer?

Parkin's got ability at this level but he ain't fit now and probably won't ever be.

a journeymen of english football has the ability to goals at important times, some players hit 30 and go downhill fast, he looks one of them, really struggling to get fit.
sell parkin, i would. i'm concerned this turner has not played for such a long time as well, how longs he been fit, can hepass the medical why is he not palying currently

Mon Aug 29, 2011 11:49 pm

nerd wrote:

Proven scorer?

Yeah caused a lot of problems with the catering department, they were spending more than the club has got on re stocking pies.