Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

O/T parking ticket in the Heath

Sun Aug 28, 2011 7:36 pm

had a parking ticket in the heath Hospital yesterday morning after rushing our disabled foster child in to the childrens ward, he had an operation on tuesday and there was complications

shall i just tell them to go f**k themselves or pay it?? i dont know if it works like retail parks although it is a private company Vinci car parks :twisted:

any advice wouls be appreciated(sensible that is) :D

Re: O/T parking ticket in the Heath

Sun Aug 28, 2011 7:38 pm

Mate,I'd explain the situation & go from there. Hope the kiddie is alright

Sun Aug 28, 2011 7:41 pm

he had a gastric peg fitted and its gone a bit tits up. but he is on the mend now :ayatollah:

Sun Aug 28, 2011 9:11 pm

Had one in royal glam 6 months ago - late for follow up appointment after serious illness so had to park somewhere.

Ignored it and heard no more. If it aint issued on public highway and from police or traffic warden you can ignore it

Sun Aug 28, 2011 9:39 pm

bluebirdbaz wrote:had a parking ticket in the heath Hospital yesterday morning after rushing our disabled foster child in to the childrens ward, he had an operation on tuesday and there was complications

shall i just tell them to go f**k themselves or pay it?? i dont know if it works like retail parks although it is a private company Vinci car parks :twisted:

I had a ticket there in the car park and I paid to park , its just I was on double yellow lines IN THE CAR PARK , cos there were no spaces and I have a Blue badge that was in the window. I put it up on this forum about 4 weeks ago. I went to the Vinci office to talk to them about it. The guy in there Old Mr hippo was a really up his ass Im the kid here type guy, and as ignorant fat shit.
I would have like it to go to court but! they wont do that, they just pass it on, and in the end it goes to a agent and they will just come into your home and take stuff. They are really bits of shit, and especially the fat hippo guy with a broken arm in there office, a real slime ball he is.

Sun Aug 28, 2011 10:10 pm

Even the nurses who work in the UHW [Heath] have to pay for parking there. Scandalous!!! :evil:

Mon Aug 29, 2011 2:33 am

bluebirdbaz wrote:had a parking ticket in the heath Hospital yesterday morning after rushing our disabled foster child in to the childrens ward, he had an operation on tuesday and there was complications

Ignore it. They are a private company and apparently have no right of enforcement....

They may send you a letter but ignore that too....

I was told they (the ticket issuers) don't bother putting tickets on certain (employees) vehicles because they know the score, i.e. the tickets are unenforceable....

Speak to someone who works there (on the QT) :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Aug 29, 2011 6:33 am

Sven,

Far from the truth mate. My daughter has been done a few times there and the staff are up in arms about the situation!!

Mon Aug 29, 2011 7:35 am

we has a blue badge too, you are talking about a child who was screaming with pain, a parking ticket was the last thing on my mind

Mon Aug 29, 2011 7:59 am

Take a look at these Two websites Baz, should be helpfull: http://www.penaltychargesforum.co.uk/ ;) http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/reclai ... ng-tickets :ayatollah:

Mon Aug 29, 2011 11:02 am

welshcitydragon wrote:

I had a ticket there in the car park and I paid to park , its just I was on double yellow lines IN THE CAR PARK , cos there were no spaces and I have a Blue badge that was in the window. I put it up on this forum about 4 weeks ago. I went to the Vinci office to talk to them about it. The guy in there Old Mr hippo was a really up his ass Im the kid here type guy, and as ignorant fat shit.
I would have like it to go to court but! they wont do that, they just pass it on, and in the end it goes to a agent and they will just come into your home and take stuff. They are really bits of shit, and especially the fat hippo guy with a broken arm in there office, a real slime ball he is.

I wonder if he was feeding you bullshit there Chief. As you have a right to go to Court to defend yourself against any injustice. You had a blue Badge so you was entitled to park on double Yellow lines as long as you dont compromise what it tells you on the rules of Parking on them. IE Not close to a junction, on the zig zags on a pelican crossing or the likes, and you havent gone over your time limit. Is there a sign saying Blue badge holders are not allowed to park on double yellow lines ? Did you show both sides of the badge ? and put the time in ?. As long as you wasn't causing an obstruction then i dont see it as a problem. For that reason i would of told him to shove it up his arse. They cant just send round debt collectors they have to send you out letters telling you of there intentions first surely. Then you could of gone to Citizen advice.
And Baz i hope the little UN is OK and perhaps you can contact someone who deals with your fostering and ask them is there anything they can do. Am i right in saying it is a private company ? because they are little shits who wont be interested in what you say they just want your Money. Again as long as you wasn't causing an obstruction then why wasn't you entitled to park there. Or is there signs saying otherwise.

Mon Aug 29, 2011 11:17 am

Ignore the tickets as said above they have no enforcement powers and they certainly won't be spending thousands of pounds suing anyone through the civil courts to retrive a £60 penalty ticket when more than likely they would lose.

These companies threaten all sorts but in reality they are as dangerous as a feather duster. They are leaches treat them as such.

Mon Aug 29, 2011 1:25 pm

welshcitydragon wrote:

They can't just come to0 your home and take stuff. They would need to go to court to do that as well, it's illegal otherwise.

Mon Aug 29, 2011 1:26 pm

Hopefully common sense prevails Baz... and you burn the lot of them! :D

Nah, in all truth it's a bit ridiculous but in their defence they are unaware of the circumstances and might be tolerable. If not, go to the papers. :ayatollah:

Mon Aug 29, 2011 1:37 pm

NIGELNIGLE wrote:Take a look at these Two websites Baz, should be helpfull: http://www.penaltychargesforum.co.uk/ ;) http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/reclai ... ng-tickets :ayatollah:

Good sites Nigel but for parking issues these are the top guys:

http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?s=6 ... 35&act=idx

Mon Aug 29, 2011 6:27 pm

He had been admitted again this time I bought tickets my missus has to stay on tonight looks like he has picked up an infection. Got to say mind the nurses are fantastic down there

Mon Aug 29, 2011 7:17 pm

bluebirdbaz wrote:He had been admitted again this time I bought tickets my missus has to stay on tonight looks like he has picked up an infection. Got to say mind the nurses are fantastic down there

To show your appreciation to the nurses why not buy them a tin of Celebrations, or Thorntons chocs, i know they like those. ;)

Mon Aug 29, 2011 7:57 pm

tell them you are prepared to go to court, they wont want the publicity

Mon Aug 29, 2011 10:38 pm

ridofrid wrote:Sven,

Far from the truth mate. My daughter has been done a few times there and the staff are up in arms about the situation!!

Mate, not sure about your daughter's circumstances but I don't doubt it :ayatollah:

Although I did say 'apparently' in my statement and also suggested asking a member of staff too

I spoke to someone in one of the units away from the main block recently and queried the likelihood of getting a ticket at 3pm only to be told (and I quote):

"Nah, don't worry about it. They won't come around here again at this time of day and you should ignore any tickets. We (the staff) don't pay and the ticket guys don't bother us anymore, as they know our cars and that we won't pay even if they send a letter"

That statement was genuinely made....but if I am wrong please accept my apologies, as I only wanted to help :)

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: