Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Controversial Question!! managers, wages, Bellamy!

Sun Aug 28, 2011 10:53 am

Is there anyone on this forum that would have preferred to keep Dave Jones in charge in one final push for the prem, and allowed him to buy and deal in his USUAL type of transfer targets, and saved the money that the club is spending on paying Malkys wages (as we are currently paying two managers wages at the moment - £20k a week for Jones on gardening leave!) in the pursuit that we might have guaranteed Craig Bellamy coming back?

As you know Cardiff have said they would stretch to £30k a week to Bring craig back, which he won't accept, but because we are paying an extra £20k a week for DJones as well, this could be construed to be scuppering the deal to bring Bellamy back.... Would he come for £50k a week? or whatever the difference is after paying 2 managers wages?

This is a hyperthetical question, an by no means says that I am unhappy with Malky - I just wanted to put it out there! :ayatollah:

Well done so far to CCFC and its newly formed team, to Malky Mackay, and the understanding of the greatest fans in the world! A decent start - lets hope it continues.

Re: Controversial Question!! managers, wages, Bellamy!

Sun Aug 28, 2011 10:59 am

I said so myself when DJ was sacked, had he stayed here for another ten years, i doubt he & his teams would have ever got us promoted. The same questions were being asked after our POF game v Blackpool,,,,DJ had one season to many, imho!

Re: Controversial Question!! managers, wages, Bellamy!

Sun Aug 28, 2011 11:05 am

RICK+CCFC wrote:I said so myself when DJ was sacked, had he stayed here for another ten years, i doubt he & his teams would have ever got us promoted. The same questions were being asked after our POF game v Blackpool,,,,DJ had one season to many, imho!

I agree and my opinion is that Cardiff City have to carry on as we are, No one player can stop a club functioning properly, although a massive coup he would be. However, one person (DJ) was stopping the club from progressing.

Is Bellamy REALLY that big a deal that our full resources have to go towards capturing his service for 2 games a month reward. or do we move on and forget about him for now, and see what happens over the next few days.

I am interested to find out who WAS a DJ fan, and believed he would get us up this year? and believe it was a mistake to employ malky after losing 12 players?? Is there anyone out there that disagrees with what Cardiff have done?

I for one don't - even if it takes another 3 years to rebuild the club and team!