Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: The Malaysians worry me ?

Sun Aug 28, 2011 9:05 am

A bit worried yes, however our club has been down the old road of high wage mercenaries with no success, & paid a heavy price afterwards. Things had to change!

Sun Aug 28, 2011 9:11 am

i thought all our signings so far have been great. conway, cowie, rudy and earnie. Miller tho, i dont get it, sure he seems ok ish but on 25k a week? no need to pay more than 10k a week in this league, maybe 15. and to pay more for him than the turkish club did seems a bit mad. we were doing good til this signing, still i hope he bangs in 25 and proves me wrong.

Sun Aug 28, 2011 9:21 am

People say they haven't spent money but what about miller Mason, Gunnarson compensation fee all the signing on fees for free transfers we have signed. What about the money we have paid to Watford for malky and his back room staff, we are also close to securing a deal for Ben turner between (750k and a million) also signing whittingham on an improved contract it all adds up.

People want the owners spend money for the sake of it, we are now building for future signing young players on contracts instead of loans and being buggered like we was this year (12 players leaving)

Sun Aug 28, 2011 9:21 am

goats wrote:i thought all our signings so far have been great. conway, cowie, rudy and earnie. Miller tho, i dont get it, sure he seems ok ish but on 25k a week? no need to pay more than 10k a week in this league, maybe 15. and to pay more for him than the turkish club did seems a bit mad. we were doing good til this signing, still i hope he bangs in 25 and proves me wrong.

He had 6mnths left on his contract when bursaspor signed him hence the low fee.

As for OP question

My heart says we need to spend and Malaysians dont care, my head however knows they are doing things correctly at the moment, i think they will consolidate this season, a real push next season, guess time will tell, but they havent done anything wrong as of yet, that i know of anyway :ayatollah:

Sun Aug 28, 2011 9:25 am

We wouldn't have a club without them

Increased shares over the summer

injected over ten million pounds into the club

Secured Bellamy last year

Took more expensive route of sacking DJ and paying comp for a new manager

Reduced debt in the club

Got Whitts on a new contract

Sponsored shirts and seem to be gravitating towards naming rights in the stadium

Spent probably at least 2 million on players (Mason and Miller were over £1million, Gunnarson was a compensation deal, Gestede, Taylor, Cowie, Earnshaw and Conway would have required larger than normal joining fees as they were free transfers).

So ungrateful because we haven't signed anyone for a month :roll:

Sun Aug 28, 2011 9:37 am

RFMH wrote:We wouldn't have a club without them

Reduced debt in the club

Sponsored shirts and seem to be gravitating towards naming rights in the stadium

Spent probably at least 2 million on players (Mason and Miller were over £1million, Gunnarson was a compensation deal, Gestede, Taylor, Cowie, Earnshaw and Conway would have required larger than normal joining fees as they were free transfers).

spot on my friend
in a play off position with 5 games gone with a virtually brand new squad who are still gelling with the likes of gunnarson, kiss and mcphail only going to make us a stronger squad when fully fit with other players to join.
If bellamy does not come then we have his wages to bring in a couple of premiership quality loans.
i cant fault whats happened so far this season bearing in mind the amount of players we lost in the summer.
how are the billy big boots like bothroyd, chopra and jet doing anyway

Sun Aug 28, 2011 9:41 am

Reduced debt in the club

So ungrateful because we haven't signed anyone for a month :roll:[/quote]
spot on my friend
in a play off position with 5 games gone with a virtually brand new squad who are still gelling with the likes of gunnarson, kiss and mcphail only going to make us a stronger squad when fully fit with other players to join.
If bellamy does not come then we have his wages to bring in a couple of premiership quality loans.
i cant fault whats happened so far this season bearing in mind the amount of players we lost in the summer.
how are the billy big boots like bothroyd, chopra and jet doing anyway[/quote]

Did your pal Borley tell you to write that ? He would as he sold out to them.

Sun Aug 28, 2011 9:46 am

This thread smells of Daya.

Sun Aug 28, 2011 9:47 am

Gavinatthegarage wrote:Increased shares over the summer

Reduced debt in the club

spot on my friend
how are the billy big boots like bothroyd, chopra and jet doing anyway[/quote]

Did your pal Borley tell you to write that ? He would as he sold out to them.[/quote]
care to explain how he sold out to them when he is still owed money from the stadium build gormless gavin

Sun Aug 28, 2011 9:52 am

RFMH wrote:We wouldn't have a club without them

Reduced debt in the club

Excellent post mate and i couldn't agree more mate :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Aug 28, 2011 10:06 am

Im not fussed if we are a mid table team with a club balancing its books to be honest. Malky shows passion which we didnt have last season from Jones. If it wasnt for the Malaysians, then we probably wouldnt have a club with our debts, plus they are having no money from the catering outlets (Ridsdale).
Lets be realistic and support them. :ayatollah:

Sun Aug 28, 2011 10:21 am

Hi all. Maybe i being A little naive here. It seems the Malaysians are moving things in the right direction going by posts on here. But I thought the likes of Vincent Tan (who is supposed to be the rich money man), I thought they literally would have pumped millions more to buying our way out of this division. However I do appreciate the culture of the high wage bill at the club needed change. So maybe it doesn't matter how much you buy a player for, as good as they are, like Bellamy for example, if the wage structure gets too high and we don't get promoted then we will be no better off in the future. It's also been said that Vincent tan or dato chan personally financed bellamys wages last season. Surely they would be better off paying bellamys contract out at man city albeit for 4 mil and say have him on the 15k mark per week. That way bellers gets his money and gets to play for the club he wants and we get him quicker also. Btw I happen to work with someone who knew the Malaysians owners 'guests' at the city towards the end of last season. One was a government official and the other was the British equivalent of the chief of police for Malaysia. Apart from the officialdom reason, they are seriously
Wealthy and influential men in Malaysia. I Wonder if it's part of the plan to promote our club and gain further financial investment. Whatever the reason I think we are consolidating this year for a big push next year. Oh and another thing what we need also is a good FA cup run as this has a huge audience alone in Malaysia.

Sun Aug 28, 2011 10:31 am

Warrior wrote:Are they really hear for the long haul ?

Are they backing Malky ?

Maybe its just me, as I wanted to see a lot more in the transfer market, anyone else feel the same or disagree with me ?

The Malaysians have THEIR agenda, we have to be eternally grateful which they fully know for saving us. Without a doubt without them we'd be dead in the water now but kid yourselves if you think they are here for the love of CCFC, its their own agenda. We only have Borely that has a affection for CCFC, to be honest just like all our other chairmen/directors I wouldnt trust them as far as I can throw them.

Sun Aug 28, 2011 10:33 am

Cymruguy2011 wrote:Hi all. Maybe i being A little naive here. It seems the Malaysians are moving things in the right direction going by posts on here. But I thought the likes of Vincent Tan (who is supposed to be the rich money man), I thought they literally would have pumped millions more to buying our way out of this division. However I do appreciate the culture of the high wage bill at the club needed change. So maybe it doesn't matter how much you buy a player for, as good as they are, like Bellamy for example, if the wage structure gets too high and we don't get promoted then we will be no better off in the future. It's also been said that Vincent tan or dato chan personally financed bellamys wages last season. Surely they would be better off paying bellamys contract out at man city albeit for 4 mil and say have him on the 15k mark per week. That way bellers gets his money and gets to play for the club he wants and we get him quicker also. Btw I happen to work with someone who knew the Malaysians owners 'guests' at the city towards the end of last season. One was a government official and the other was the British equivalent of the chief of police for Malaysia. Apart from the officialdom reason, they are seriously
Wealthy and influential men in Malaysia. I Wonder if it's part of the plan to promote our club and gain further financial investment. Whatever the reason I think we are consolidating this year for a big push next year. Oh and another thing what we need also is a good FA cup run as this has a huge audience alone in Malaysia.

Apparently they did not pay Bellamys wages and also pumping millions into a team does not get you promoted as we have found out.

I fele the Malaysians, being business men as they are, want a stable financial background first. We spent millions on players last season and it was a big fail. Guys like the Malaysians wont let that happen again.

Sun Aug 28, 2011 10:55 am

Bakedalasker wrote:
Cymruguy2011 wrote:Hi all. Maybe i being A little naive here. It seems the Malaysians are moving things in the right direction going by posts on here. But I thought the likes of Vincent Tan (who is supposed to be the rich money man), I thought they literally would have pumped millions more to buying our way out of this division. However I do appreciate the culture of the high wage bill at the club needed change. So maybe it doesn't matter how much you buy a player for, as good as they are, like Bellamy for example, if the wage structure gets too high and we don't get promoted then we will be no better off in the future. It's also been said that Vincent tan or dato chan personally financed bellamys wages last season. Surely they would be better off paying bellamys contract out at man city albeit for 4 mil and say have him on the 15k mark per week. That way bellers gets his money and gets to play for the club he wants and we get him quicker also. Btw I happen to work with someone who knew the Malaysians owners 'guests' at the city towards the end of last season. One was a government official and the other was the British equivalent of the chief of police for Malaysia. Apart from the officialdom reason, they are seriously

Apparently they did not pay Bellamys wages and also pumping millions into a team does not get you promoted as we have found out.

I fele the Malaysians, being business men as they are, want a stable financial background first. We spent millions on players last season and it was a big fail. Guys like the Malaysians wont let that happen again.

Some of our fans need to get in the real world.

Coventry City similar size club face losing their biggest asset for a fraction of his value.
Fancy swapping places - take a look at how they feel...

http://www.skybluestalk.co.uk/forums/7- ... neral-Chat

Bradford - 10000 season ticket holders fighting to stay in L2.

Sheff Weds and United -bigger clubs historically, in L1 now.

Watford -watching manager, best players, coaching staff, scout and tea lady walk out, braced for relegation fight.

Birmingham - owner in jail, 12 players sold off/left, facing a fight to avoid admin.

could be worse.

Sun Aug 28, 2011 11:06 am

i clearly remember tg saying that vincent tan wouldn't become a sugar daddy but this club would be run properly. so they have been faithful to all their promises so far. another thing, i firmly believe the malaysians wouldnt have advertised the logo of malaysia across the front of our shirts if they were planning to leave us in the lurch. i know this may seem a little thing but i know for a fact that people are extremely patriotic in that part of the world and i dont think they would let anything advertising their nation simply go out of business

Sun Aug 28, 2011 11:14 am

i clearly remember tg saying that vincent tan wouldn't become a sugar daddy but this club would be run properly. so they have been faithful to all their promises so far. another thing, i firmly believe the malaysians wouldnt have advertised the logo of malaysia across the front of our shirts if they were planning to leave us in the lurch. i know this may seem a little thing but i know for a fact that people are extremely patriotic in that part of the world and i dont think they would let anything advertising their nation simply go out of business

Sun Aug 28, 2011 11:14 am

Sun Aug 28, 2011 11:28 am

Midfield general wrote:
Lawnmower wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:

Some of our fans need to get in the real world.

Coventry City similar size club face losing their biggest asset for a fraction of his value.
Fancy swapping places - take a look at how they feel...

http://www.skybluestalk.co.uk/forums/7- ... neral-Chat

Bradford - 10000 season ticket holders fighting to stay in L2.

Sheff Weds and United -bigger clubs historically, in L1 now.

Watford -watching manager, best players, coaching staff, scout and tea lady walk out, braced for relegation fight.

Birmingham - owner in jail, 12 players sold off/left, facing a fight to avoid admin.

could be worse.

Or it could be better as I feel Swansea and Wigan are just two clubs who doesn't deserve to be higher than us

Swansea have got lucky, but will sonn be back down. Wigan have a crazy millionaire running them , but will eventually be down as well.

So not happy with them putting in £12m of shares then -and millions more in loans.

This is what people have invested in our club in shares...
(estimates)
Malays £12m
PMG £8m + (£6m last 2 years but also originally had some)
Borley £3m (part recent part long term)
Isaacs £3m (mostly recently, some older)
Sam £3m (10 years back)

I bet all those clubs mentioned wished they ahd the 'luck' we did in getting these people on board.
I'm fully convinced they will be putting another £3-£6m into the club to keep us competitive this year, and until the issue with Sam is sorted they won't be able to go further without potentially having to shell out another £30m

Sorry guys, but we are punching at our weight at the moment and without being lap-dogs we should be reasonably satisfied with this, we need to bukld for the future, there are still skeletons in the closed (Ransom, Sam and other unpaid stadium debts) and to expect large expenditure on the pitch is a little bit unrealistic.

Lets back them and reward the faith they have shown in us.

Sun Aug 28, 2011 11:29 am

thehumblegringo wrote:i clearly remember tg saying that vincent tan wouldn't become a sugar daddy but this club would be run properly. so they have been faithful to all their promises so far. another thing, i firmly believe the malaysians wouldnt have advertised the logo of malaysia across the front of our shirts if they were planning to leave us in the lurch. i know this may seem a little thing but i know for a fact that people are extremely patriotic in that part of the world and i dont think they would let anything advertising their nation simply go out of business

Read it first time, no need to post it thrice :lol:

Sun Aug 28, 2011 11:32 am

haha sorry mate just wanted to get my point across!! na only joking i cant get to grips with posting on this fecking phone

Sun Aug 28, 2011 1:43 pm

I8JAX wrote:This thread smells of Daya.

;) Hmmm

Sun Aug 28, 2011 2:49 pm

Are they backing Malky ?

Maybe its just me, as I wanted to see a lot more in the transfer market, anyone else feel the same or disagree with me ?

And if they were throwing money at the team people would say they are giving it one last chance before pulling out :shock:

If they are here long term then they must stick to a reasonable budget and get the club working again. They have always said they want the club to be a sustainable business and that wont happen throwing money about, surely we have learnt that over the last few years?

Sun Aug 28, 2011 2:49 pm

Are they backing Malky ?

And if they were throwing money at the team people would say they are giving it one last chance before pulling out :shock:

If they are here long term then they must stick to a reasonable budget and get the club working again. They have always said they want the club to be a sustainable business and that wont happen throwing money about, surely we have learnt that over the last few years?

Wed Aug 31, 2011 10:24 pm

Nope? Keeping to the budget is very positive news indeed. Nonsilly
Money being paid like sam and ridsdale :ayatollah:

Wed Aug 31, 2011 10:26 pm

To me they are running the club properly and managing finances.

We would all love to see 12 players coming and money being spent all over the place but it has done no good thus far so what does it really matter? It appears we've paid around £800k for Turner and the same for Miller so money has been spent.

We have a wage bill to manage and some of that will bring in loan deals. I don't see the need for panic. Get behind them and let them run the place properly.

Wed Aug 31, 2011 10:27 pm

2blue2handle wrote:Nope? Keeping to the budget is very positive news indeed. Nonsilly

What?

We are 2-3 players sort.

Wed Aug 31, 2011 10:27 pm

Midfield general wrote:After today have anyone changed their minds on the Malaysians..?

Yeah, Thai women are cheaper ;-)

I think we will be fine this season. This Turner lad is quality and Mackay will be looking for a couple of experienced midfielders on loan.

My only doubts aree Miller and Earnie being over the hill. I am hoping they are not. If they are then I guess he can always bring in Maynard, Messi or Rooney in January.

Wed Aug 31, 2011 10:45 pm

Big Boss Man wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:Nope? Keeping to the budget is very positive news indeed. Nonsilly

What?

We are 2-3 players sort.

Yup loan window opens soon, all the players who don't make 25man squads available.

Thu Sep 01, 2011 1:43 am

Is the money there :?: Or is MM keeping it for the Jan Transfer window :?: