Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

A little miracle in Cardiff?

Sat Aug 27, 2011 9:40 pm

Picture the scene....a football club left with a skeleton squad (AT BEST), after a season in which they were tipped as 'nailed on' for automatic promotion. How could they fail to get promoted after folking out on players (mainly loans admittedly) that would probably be expected to finish mid table in the Premier league.
Disaster strikes!! (cue some sort of dooms day like music)
They fail to gain promotion and lose 12 of their best players in the process.

Let's face it any of us with any sense of reality Would have been happy to avoid relegation this season. However we seem to have found a magicaian in Malky Makay, who hasn't just brought in excellent players who leave nothing on the pitch...he has brought a massive optimism for the coming season. I honestly believe we can make the playoffs this season, but if we don't??

I for one, will be happy.....GRATEFUL even that i was given hope this season, a hope that I felt was not forthcoming when I trudged away from the CCS after a 0-3 drubbing at home to the hands of Reading last season.

So whatever happens to our football club this season. I'll be there with my little pick and shovel. Proud to stand behind Malky and the boys.

YOU ARE MY CARDIFF, MY ONLY CARDIFF. YOU MAKE ME HAPPY WHEN SKIES ARE GREY................. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: A little miracle in Cardiff?

Sat Aug 27, 2011 9:42 pm

Losing 12 players is a disaster but that was made up by sacking Dave Jones.

Sat Aug 27, 2011 9:47 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:Losing 12 players is a disaster but that was made up by sacking Dave Jones.

a VERY fair comment. It does not take away the job Malky has done thurs far though?

Sat Aug 27, 2011 9:48 pm

Sat Aug 27, 2011 9:50 pm

CCFCdai wrote:.

This was an obvious mistake!

Sun Aug 28, 2011 1:04 am

All a bit silly. Surely if most were loans DJ had the same problem last season?

If DJ had signed miller this board would go mental right now, also about kiss because he is injured.

Also everyone says we need a manager with more faith in youth yet also say we need at least 3 more signings :lol: so these youth will be??? Same place as last season.

DJ had to go and MM has done a good job so far.

Sun Aug 28, 2011 9:20 am

dawning of a new era here it might take time. some people say it didnt take swansea time but martinez got the ball rolling very well as did the manager before him (jackett). rodgers just added what they needed, they didnt lose 12 players.

Sun Aug 28, 2011 9:29 am

2blue2handle wrote:All a bit silly. Surely if most were loans DJ had the same problem last season?

If DJ had signed miller this board would go mental right now, also about kiss because he is injured.

Also everyone says we need a manager with more faith in youth yet also say we need at least 3 more signings :lol: so these youth will be??? Same place as last season.

DJ had to go and MM has done a good job so far.

Kiss isn't injured, made the bench yesterday Image