Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Radio Wales Coverage of City Game

Sat Aug 27, 2011 3:59 pm

Absolutely pathetic.

Kept on going to other games to give me match reports of Prem/Championship/Blue Sq, then telling me who was on "Pole position" for Sunday GP, then telling me the result of the Engalnd v Ireland rugby game - i dont give a f***

I want to listen to the football - just sent them an e mail telling them how crap they are!!

rant over

:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: Radio Wales Coverage of City Game

Sat Aug 27, 2011 4:03 pm

It's a joke mate. I normally listen to the game on Radio Wales but I switched it off at half time and listened to the commentary on Cardiff City Player instead.

:evil: :evil: :evil:

Sat Aug 27, 2011 4:07 pm

Don't know what you guys are on about to be honest. I listened to uninterrupted coverage of the Cardiff city game with no problems. The only time it talked of other sports was at half time. 103.9 fm I got it on.

Sat Aug 27, 2011 4:08 pm

then they wouldnt tell us info on the action we missed, we even missed a goal, f*cking pathetic im off to buy cc player :ayatollah:

Sat Aug 27, 2011 4:10 pm

Cymruguy2011 wrote:Don't know what you guys are on about to be honest. I listened to uninterrupted coverage of the Cardiff city game with no problems. The only time it talked of other sports was at half time. 103.9 fm I got it on.

The coverage was shocking mate. They kept interrupting the coverage to give updates from the Premiership and Rugby.

I can see sales for Cardiff City Player going up [well worth it by the way, loads of content for £4 a month!]

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Aug 27, 2011 4:12 pm

Fair doo's lads. Just saying that 103.9 fm was totally uninterrupted. Maybe it's a regional thing. Don't know.

Sat Aug 27, 2011 4:17 pm

I can see me getiing CC Player as well.....................cant wait to get a response from Radio Wales once they read my "rant" to them

Thats if they read it.................I wrote it in English not Welsh :o :o

:old: :old:

Sat Aug 27, 2011 4:36 pm

As sloppy as Radio Wales is this year, nothing will change no matter how many e-mails you all send. Swansea fans have been complaining for years about Radio Wales on the digital platform being Cardiff biased for years and years.

With the Jacks now in the Prem there is next to ZERO chance that a Cardiff side in the Championship will change BBC Radio Wales minds about putting Cardiff on the air for every single game... All we can hope for is that Radio Wales stop going to goal updates during the game.

Other than that I feel all your e-mails will be a waste of time.

Sat Aug 27, 2011 4:40 pm

Truley awful IMO.

Sat Aug 27, 2011 5:01 pm

Cardiff_Llandaff_Bluebird wrote:As sloppy as Radio Wales is this year, nothing will change no matter how many e-mails you all send. Swansea fans have been complaining for years about Radio Wales on the digital platform being Cardiff biased for years and years.

With the Jacks now in the Prem there is next to ZERO chance that a Cardiff side in the Championship will change BBC Radio Wales minds about putting Cardiff on the air for every single game... All we can hope for is that Radio Wales stop going to goal updates during the game.

There is full uninterrupted coverage of all Cardiff games on Radio Wales FM South East. Full coverage again today with Jason Perry as summariser/co-commentater. This split between South East for Cardiff games, South West for Jacks and North Wales for the Wrexham games has been in existence a good few years. Don't know what you were listening to?

Sat Aug 27, 2011 5:06 pm

Citysince1964 wrote:
Cardiff_Llandaff_Bluebird wrote:As sloppy as Radio Wales is this year, nothing will change no matter how many e-mails you all send. Swansea fans have been complaining for years about Radio Wales on the digital platform being Cardiff biased for years and years.

There is full uninterrupted coverage of all Cardiff games on Radio Wales FM South East. Full coverage again today with Jason Perry as summariser/co-commentater. This split between South East for Cardiff games, South West for Jacks and North Wales for the Wrexham games has been in existence a good few years. Don't know what you were listening to?

I am aware of the split on the Fm.. I listen to Radio Wales via the Digital platform on the Virgin Media Tivo Box where the games aren't split. I have no Fm radio in the house, and the only FM radio I have is in the car and I can't be arsed sitting in the car for over 90 mins. The neighbours would think i'm nuts lol.