Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Cardiff set to sign Ben Turner (Coventry)

Sat Aug 27, 2011 12:50 pm

Skysports.com understands Cardiff are closing in on a deal for Coventry defender Ben Turner.

The 23-year-old is regarded as one of the Championship's hottest properties and has been drawing admiring glances for some time.

He is a product of Coventry's academy system and has spent his entire career to date with the Sky Blues.

The only time he has spent away from the Ricoh Arena has been during loan spells at Peterborough and Oldham.

He has progressed at pace since breaking into the first team at Coventry and is now considered to be one of the first names on the teamsheet.

Cardiff are one of a number of clubs that have been monitoring his development and they are now ready to pounce.

The Bluebirds are hoping to land the former England U19 international before Wednesday's transfer deadline.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,,11704_7128063,00.html

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Would be a good signing in my opinion - I'm pretty sure he's part Welsh aswell.

Re: Cardiff set to sign Ben Turner (Coventry)

Sat Aug 27, 2011 12:55 pm

Six four
Centre half

Sat Aug 27, 2011 1:09 pm

Sounds a good signing if we can get him...Come on Malky splash the cash!!!! :ayatollah:

Sat Aug 27, 2011 3:12 pm

KP1964 wrote:Sounds a good signing if we can get him...Come on Malky splash the cash!!!! :ayatollah:

Sounds like a similar player to the four we've already got. There must be a centre half out there with pace. Has'nt Gabbidon got a younger brother. :D

Sat Aug 27, 2011 3:16 pm

buckleys brewery wrote:
KP1964 wrote:Sounds a good signing if we can get him...Come on Malky splash the cash!!!! :ayatollah:

Sounds like a similar player to the four we've already got. There must be a centre half out there with pace. Has'nt Gabbidon got a younger brother. :D

Thats the point. There aren't any.

If you are 6 ft 1 and fast you want to play centre forward.

Gabbidon is the ONLY quick centre half I can remember us having and we've had loads of decent centre halfs in my time.

Why this obsession with pace. Its not like the league is full of pacy strikers. Most sides have one half-decent striker and one big berk up fornt for them. We've seen 2 of the quicker ones already in Maynard and mackail-smith.

Sat Aug 27, 2011 3:58 pm

Lawnmower wrote:
buckleys brewery wrote:

Thats the point. There aren't any.

If you are 6 ft 1 and fast you want to play centre forward.

Gabbidon is the ONLY quick centre half I can remember us having and we've had loads of decent centre halfs in my time.

Why this obsession with pace. Its not like the league is full of pacy strikers. Most sides have one half-decent striker and one big berk up fornt for them. We've seen 2 of the quicker ones already in Maynard and mackail-smith.

Exactly.