Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Rowan vine

Sat Aug 27, 2011 7:36 am

Exeter just signed him on a 1 month loan from qpr, before he got injured I think he was a really good striker.. And he could defo do a job in the championship... So I think Exeter got a really good player for themselves there.. I wouldn't mind him for us

Re: Rowan vine

Sat Aug 27, 2011 8:31 am

His name has been mentioned a few times on here and hardly anyone wanted him here. I recall Dave Jones saying we can do better than him. I do recall some of our QPR members on here wanting us to take him off their hands. So for me it is a big no to this player.

Sat Aug 27, 2011 9:00 am

Bakedalasker wrote:His name has been mentioned a few times on here and hardly anyone wanted him here. I recall Dave Jones saying we can do better than him. I do recall some of our QPR members on here wanting us to take him off their hands. So for me it is a big no to this player.

Not really what we are looking for though is he ?
Big mobile target man is what we need.

Vine's best days are behind him now anyway. Exeter is probably about right.

Sat Aug 27, 2011 11:08 am

i do not think hes good enough however i have more respect for rowan vine that nearly any other footballr.

few years back at the ninian we played QPR and won 2-0 and me and my mate where only kids and we constantly gave abuse to rowan and i mean it was harsh....he then requested to play on the opposite side, when he was subbed he went off, walked around and shook our hands

Sat Aug 27, 2011 12:00 pm

bluebird04 wrote:i do not think hes good enough however i have more respect for rowan vine that nearly any other footballr.

few years back at the ninian we played QPR and won 2-0 and me and my mate where only kids and we constantly gave abuse to rowan and i mean it was harsh....he then requested to play on the opposite side, when he was subbed he went off, walked around and shook our hands

Fair enough to the guy there. Hope he does well at Exeter.

Sat Aug 27, 2011 12:28 pm

Valleybluebird wrote:Exeter just signed him on a 1 month loan from qpr, before he got injured I think he was a really good striker.. And he could defo do a job in the championship... So I think Exeter got a really good player for themselves there.. I wouldn't mind him for us

The clue was where you wrote "before he got injured".

Sat Aug 27, 2011 11:43 pm

i will always have respect for that guy after that..... and i always look to see if he's doing well. however i dont think he's any better than parkin, and to be fair, parkin isnt good enough to be on our bench