Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Is it time for Whitts?

Sat Aug 27, 2011 12:26 am

To move further up the middle of the park and play essentially in the hole as a stereotypical second striker? In our case behind Miller...?

A midfield four of Cowie, Kiss, Gunnarsson, & Conway sitting behind Whitts and then Miller up top sounds quality to me.

Is it time to really push him, utilise his recently acquired vigour and confidence under Malky and playhom in this role that will maximise his input from our perspective, provoking usage of all the skills he owns, and truly unleashing the type of impact everyone knows he can have on the opposition and the game itself.

Technically he's capable and IMO mentally he now is also. Time for Malky to embed this IMO, as that would be a team and an approach that can really push on in this league.

Re: Is it time for Whitts?

Sat Aug 27, 2011 12:42 am

certainly a option but unlickly imo

Sat Aug 27, 2011 12:58 am

Wits can play that role because his shooting ability is top.

But someone who can pass from deep IMO is much more of an advantage. If he plays at the top of the diamond inworry his back will get turned away from goal in an attempt to hold up the ball (where miller and earnie have failed.)

He an play anywhere in the diamond for sure, intact anywhere in a flat 4 as well.

Sat Aug 27, 2011 9:18 am

i don't think whitts could play behind the striker cos the one thing he doesn't seem to have in his armour is the ability to beat a man. thats why joe mason has been so effective so far cos he'll take players out of the game by going past them. i think whitts is suited in a deeper position where he can orchestrate the play. :ayatollah: