Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: THE CRAIG BELLAMY UPDATE

Sat Aug 27, 2011 8:07 pm

Taliesin wrote:If Bellamy doesn't want to honour the rest of his contract then why should he be paid as if he had. Some players make me sick. How many millions do you really need to live comfortably.

Agree.

Sat Aug 27, 2011 10:17 pm

thegentleman wrote:Nice update Carl!!!

So Bellamy basically won't join Cardiff as he doesn't want to lose any money and is now joining Liverpool!

Which anyone who reads newspapers would have known anyway!

Nice update Carl!

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I look forward to your next update!

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Where do people like you get off????

At least Carl is getting RELIABLE information; even IF it occasionally changes due to circumstances beyond his control

Not good, mate; not good.... :roll: :roll:

Sat Aug 27, 2011 10:25 pm

Warrior wrote:Cheers Cal for the latest info, I hear he still wants to come home, but the Malaysians are not willing to pay his wages anymore, I hope want I am hearing on the grapevine is wrong.

The Malaysians have simply put a LIMIT on what they will pay....and rightly so!! :ayatollah:

Sun Aug 28, 2011 7:57 am

Guys, there is a common mis-conception that Bellers is a CCFC lover........not the case, he is a boyhood liverpool fan as he admitted himself when he joined them years ago, his reason in coming to us was so he could be close to his family, nothing to do with the club! if his family lived in Bristol, he would have tried to go there, if they lived in Swansea he would have gone there. Nothing to do with his love for the club, his loyalty, like all footballers is money/family. Only person who i can recently think off who has sacrificed money is cesc fabregas who has taken a pay cut from arsenal and refused his £4million pay-off he was due from arsenal as they sold him he did not officially request a transfer. IMHO Cardiff was a convenience for Bellars last year, this is (so far) proved by his reluctance to take a pay-cut. For those who will now spout about his academy in Sierra Leone needing his money, please please dont be so naive, the tax breaks Bellers gets from this "charity work" are huge!! only reason he's doing it, along with all other footballers who do "charity work" they can afford dam good accountants. :shock: :shock:

Sun Aug 28, 2011 8:28 am

Gavinatthegarage wrote:
carlccfc wrote:As I promised I would on Wednesday evening here is the latest update on Craig Bellamy.

Craig Bellamy has a contract at Man City which is worth £4million for the final full season of his contract to him.

Craig wants to come back to Cardiff, that is clear. He made remarks after the Burnley game last season and he fully expected at that time that he would be back at CCS for pre season. There have been factors in play since those comments that Craig did not consider at the time and that was Man City not allowing him to return on a similar deal to the one where we had him last year and secondly the changes made at Cardiff through the summer.

Craig Bellamy went and met with Mancini to try and rectify the situation and come to an agreement with Man City to force the move to Cardiff.

Craig does not want to lose up to £4million by walking away from his current contract with Cardiff. On the first day of pre season at Man City Craig was made aware that Cardiff City were willing to pay as much as £30k per week for his services, Craig asked Man City to pay him off so that he and Man City could part company.

Craig knew that Man City would not pay his contract up in full but hoped that they would pay the bulk of it to get him off the payroll for a considerable amount less, if Man City offered him £2.5million and upwards to terminate then Craig Bellamy would undoubtedly be a Cardiff City player today. If they were to offer him anything under that figure then he would not accept it and go elsewhere for a drop in wage.

Man City never offered Craig a settlement figure but instead granted him a free transfer.

So Craig has to find the money at another club. Before people claim that he can afford it and if he loved Cardiff then he would accept the free transfer and sign for Cardiff, I would say think about it, it is £4million that he is throwing away that he is entitled to, that is the contract that Man City agreed and Craig his digging his heels in.

Craig made friends aware that he would come to Cardiff if the settlement from Manchester was right, they pay him up in full or the majority of it but that has not been the case. I can tell you that Craig is little embarrassed by his remarks at the end of last season because they have not come to fruition and he also said that if he does join another side then he will return to speak to close friends before doing so.

On Sunday I posted that Craig would not be returning as I was told that he had entered talks with Liverpool and at the time I stated I would not post the team involved at the time as the information was not widely available but over the last day or so it has become public knowledge in the media and I knew this was going to happen by calls I was receiving on Wednesday afternoon and I did post on Wednesday that it could be in the press on Thursday.

Talks with Liverpool have stalled because of wages, Craig wants to get the remainder of the contract he has signed with Man City but the fact that he has been granted a free transfer and not a termination of contract, he will not get the money unless he stays in Manchester. Liverpool will not pay the £90k a week wage he is currently on.

Man City have changed tact from last year, they would not sell or loan to clubs they saw as direct competition but as with Adebayor going Spurs, Man City see themselves as moving up another level in the Premiership and with the signings of Aguero and Nasri they are now in direct competition with United for the title.

Craig's heart is with Cardiff but he his strong minded and only wants what is contractually his by right.

Does it mean his move back to Cardiff is totally off, then no would be the answer but it is extremely unlikely unless of course we enter the loan window and his situation is unresolved and Man City give in and allow Craig to re-sign for Cardiff on a similar deal to last season or they terminate his contract and pay the majority of it.

Craigs heart is in his wallet . What a load of old tosh. A Multi Millionaire in his 30's putting money before actually playing the sport.

^ Rubbish! ^

So when he retires in a few years time - what does he live on for the next (hopeful) 50 years of his life??

A high income usually results in a high standard and cost of living - and in such a short career players are entitled to think about their families futures.....

Sun Aug 28, 2011 10:40 am

Merlin wrote:^ Rubbish! ^

So when he retires in a few years time - what does he live on for the next (hopeful) 50 years of his life??

A high income usually results in a high standard and cost of living - and in such a short career players are entitled to think about their families futures.....

In fairness Id imagine Craig has sensible invested, I doubt he'll go without. In truth CraigCCFC has a point about home is just Cardiff and nothing to do with Cardiff City, people are just gullible to believe that his love of Cardiff City Football Club is paramount. His love for Cardiff is his family and rightly so.

Sun Aug 28, 2011 10:57 am

RichardBluebird wrote:

In fairness Id imagine Craig has sensible invested, I doubt he'll go without. In truth CraigCCFC has a point about home is just Cardiff and nothing to do with Cardiff City, people are just gullible to believe that his love of Cardiff City Football Club is paramount. His love for Cardiff is his family and rightly so.

Sorry Rich, had to edit my post - as my comment was referring to the one in the post above - not CraigCCFC's! :ayatollah:

Sun Aug 28, 2011 11:51 am

Merlin wrote:
RichardBluebird wrote:

Sorry Rich, had to edit my post - as my comment was referring to the one in the post above - not CraigCCFC's! :ayatollah:

Far too many Craigs :lol: :ayatollah:

Sun Aug 28, 2011 2:45 pm

I just wish Bellamy would move to either Liverpool / Spurs or whatever and put this whole situation to bed.

Its dragging on and on.

You cant blame Man City really, he's their player at the end of the day.

Liverpool wont pay 90K a week, but I bet they are willing to pay 60K upwards. If this stalled due to Bellamy's wage demands then you could say he is being a little greedy and would rather not play for a whole season just to pick up a few extra thousand a week, however you cant blame him like you say Carl.

Will Spurs pay Bellamy 90K a week? No Chance (Modric is on 60K). Im guessing Adebayor's wages have been subsidized slightly to put through his move to Spurs.

So Bellamy could be still at Man City after Wednesday. Then I would say Man City wont be happy at all with Craig and he will rot in the reserves for a season.

I just wish CCFC would remove our hand from the situation for now, and see what the situation is with Craig next season. At the end of the day money talks (to 99% of footballers). We have a decent nucleus to a team here, and if getting in several players can happen due to Bellamy not coming, that infact could benefit our team more. Starting with Ben Turner and hopefully a winger and a striker.

It would be amazing to see Bellamy lead this team we have now, but its not going to happen imo, not in the near future anyway.

Sun Aug 28, 2011 2:54 pm

MrCracker wrote:
carlccfc wrote:I heard he was in the Park Thistle this evening too

Honoured to know you read my posts on ccmb Carl!

:?

Sun Aug 28, 2011 2:58 pm

CraigCCFC wrote:Guys, there is a common mis-conception that Bellers is a CCFC lover........not the case, he is a boyhood liverpool fan as he admitted himself when he joined them years ago, his reason in coming to us was so he could be close to his family, nothing to do with the club! if his family lived in Bristol, he would have tried to go there, if they lived in Swansea he would have gone there. Nothing to do with his love for the club, his loyalty, like all footballers is money/family. Only person who i can recently think off who has sacrificed money is cesc fabregas who has taken a pay cut from arsenal and refused his £4million pay-off he was due from arsenal as they sold him he did not officially request a transfer. IMHO Cardiff was a convenience for Bellars last year, this is (so far) proved by his reluctance to take a pay-cut. For those who will now spout about his academy in Sierra Leone needing his money, please please dont be so naive, the tax breaks Bellers gets from this "charity work" are huge!! only reason he's doing it, along with all other footballers who do "charity work" they can afford dam good accountants. :shock: :shock:

Eventualy, some sense!!!

Sun Aug 28, 2011 4:31 pm

CraigCCFC wrote:Guys, there is a common mis-conception that Bellers is a CCFC lover........not the case, he is a boyhood liverpool fan as he admitted himself when he joined them years ago, his reason in coming to us was so he could be close to his family, nothing to do with the club! if his family lived in Bristol, he would have tried to go there, if they lived in Swansea he would have gone there. Nothing to do with his love for the club, his loyalty, like all footballers is money/family. Only person who i can recently think off who has sacrificed money is cesc fabregas who has taken a pay cut from arsenal and refused his £4million pay-off he was due from arsenal as they sold him he did not officially request a transfer. IMHO Cardiff was a convenience for Bellars last year, this is (so far) proved by his reluctance to take a pay-cut. For those who will now spout about his academy in Sierra Leone needing his money, please please dont be so naive, the tax breaks Bellers gets from this "charity work" are huge!! only reason he's doing it, along with all other footballers who do "charity work" they can afford dam good accountants. :shock: :shock:

hmmm, but if it suits ALL parties and it works....

In the words of my favourite song from Les Miserables (a story originally based in Swansea) "Bring him home....!!!!"

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Aug 29, 2011 7:44 pm

Thanks Carl great update. I have a good feeling about this one!

Cardiff can offer Bellamy a £1m signing on fee, Man City can pay off Bellamy 2m of his contract and Cardiff can pay Bellers 30k a week which equals 1.5mill. Theres many options where the figures add up for the deal to be done.

Anyone know the odds for Bellamy returning to Cardiff? I fancy a flutter on this one!

Tue Aug 30, 2011 12:07 am

Latest from just one of todays dailys = http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/footba ... ncini.html

Tue Aug 30, 2011 7:16 am

CCFCBULL wrote:

Eventualy, some sense!!!

Yes, I agree. Time to take off the rose tinted glasses I think

Tue Aug 30, 2011 7:33 am

You lot are missing the point here, of course he is sticking out for his wages, to me that is a ploy from Craig, to get part of his wages paid, we are getting very near the transfer deadline, and Man city besides offering him a free are going to pay him something, or pay all his wages for the season

Tue Aug 30, 2011 7:34 am

I think it's pretty offensive to say Craig is only engaged in charity work for the 'tax breaks'. He spends a lot of time and energy (as well as money) working with those kids.

Let's be honest - nobody on this, or any other message board, really knows what's going on behind the scenes, but it's my belief that Craig is a man of his word and will do everything he can to force a move back to us.

Tue Aug 30, 2011 7:51 am

I8JAX wrote:I think it's pretty offensive to say Craig is only engaged in charity work for the 'tax breaks'. He spends a lot of time and energy (as well as money) working with those kids.

Let's be honest - nobody on this, or any other message board, really knows what's going on behind the scenes, but it's my belief that Craig is a man of his word and will do everything he can to force a move back to us.

Agreed, you barely hear the foundation being mentioned - Craig rarely brings it up - He appears very modest on the whole thing

Tue Aug 30, 2011 7:53 am

He's going to a Premiership club who will probably match his wages. The sooner people on here face up to that fact, support the players we have here now and stop dwelling on him coming here the better it will be for everyone

Tue Aug 30, 2011 8:26 am

Nottage Blue wrote:He's going to a Premiership club who will probably match his wages. The sooner people on here face up to that fact, support the players we have here now and stop dwelling on him coming here the better it will be for everyone

But it's not a fact, is it?

I believe the plan all along was for Craig to hold out until the window closes and then force a move through (whether that be an initial emergency loan, or paying up part of his contract leaving him a free agent). Everything in the meantime has been unsubstantiated gossip/paper talk.

And I'm 100% behind the current players. I've been very impressed with Malky's work so far. Doesn't mean I shouldn't be excited at the prospect of a player of Craig's calibre joining the hard working, team spirited group that MM has assembled.

Tue Aug 30, 2011 8:30 am

I8JAX wrote:
Nottage Blue wrote:He's going to a Premiership club who will probably match his wages. The sooner people on here face up to that fact, support the players we have here now and stop dwelling on him coming here the better it will be for everyone

I believe the plan all along was for Craig to hold out until the window closes and then force a move through (whether that be an initial emergency loan, or paying up part of his contract leaving him a free agent). Everything in the meantime has been unsubstantiated gossip/paper talk.

And I'm 100% behind the current players. I've been very impressed with Malky's work so far. Doesn't mean I shouldn't be excited at the prospect of a player of Craig's calibre joining the hard working, team spirited group that MM has assembled.

So you think he'll pay up his own contract AND take a wage cut then? Delusional ain't the word. Especially when it's likely he could go to a Premiership club

Tue Aug 30, 2011 8:36 am

Nottage Blue wrote:
I8JAX wrote:

So you think he'll pay up his own contract AND take a wage cut then? Delusional ain't the word. Especially when it's likely he could go to a Premiership club

I think he may come to an arrangement where Man City pay up part of his contract, and the wages he receives from Cardiff make up the shortfall. He ends up earning the same money, Man City save some money and we get him on a wage that suits us.

You're right - delusional isn't the word... I think 'realistic' is a far better one.

Tue Aug 30, 2011 8:44 am

I8JAX wrote:I think he may come to an arrangement where Man City pay up part of his contract, and the wages he receives from Cardiff make up the shortfall. He ends up earning the same money, Man City save some money and we get him on a wage that suits us.

You're right - delusional isn't the word... I think 'realistic' is a far better one.

Sorry, I don't want to get into a slanging match with you, but I disagree. But that's what this board is sometimes about :ayatollah:

Tue Aug 30, 2011 8:44 am

Nottage Blue wrote:
I8JAX wrote:I think he may come to an arrangement where Man City pay up part of his contract, and the wages he receives from Cardiff make up the shortfall. He ends up earning the same money, Man City save some money and we get him on a wage that suits us.

Sorry, I don't want to get into a slanging match with you, but I disagree. But that's what this board is sometimes about :ayatollah:

Absolutely :ayatollah:

Tue Aug 30, 2011 9:18 am

The sooner this whole thing is done with the sooner everyone can move on and focus on the team instead of a player who may not end up here.

Wed Aug 31, 2011 2:24 am

Heh!

I'm not being nasty, but there's some thick fuckers on here, your not Cardiff fans, your all jacks.

Craig Bellamy is not prepared to join top Premiership clubs if it means his wages will be reduced. Cardiff have no chance of getting him. He'll sit out his contract and earn his wage before that. Money means more than CCFC to Craig Bellamy.

Then when his 90k a week contract ends, he'll join a club who pay him the most wages. Which will be a Premier League club.

CCFC will not be able to compete, no matter how much he pretends to love the club. He may do, but he loves money more.

If I'm wrong, I'll admit it and apologize straight away. Can't see me doing it though.Bellamy will sign for Swansea.

Baker Rules :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Aug 31, 2011 2:29 pm

I agree with you mate! It has always been the case in my opinion! there is no way he would have been playing for us last season had he not have been getting his wages paid for by man city! Think he will definitely end up at Liverpool@