Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: THE CRAIG BELLAMY UPDATE

Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:35 pm

Once again ' diolch ' Carl its always good to be kept in the loop - whereva Bellers ends up this season he'll alwayz be a Bloobird hero in my view ! Im sure both he & Malky would like things sorted so that we can all move on - if we dont get Craig this season then it might loosen up a place for sumwun else !Given the proximity of the transfer deadline Im sure Malkys on the case in relation to both permanent & potential loan deals !We certainly need a little more quality in the squad !

Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:41 pm

Not another f*cking Bellamy thread !! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:44 pm

Looks like a case of someone wanting his cake and eating it. Man City have done the right thing in granting him a free transfer, now that Bellars is on the open Market, it seems that clubs probably don't think he is worth more than £40k say, so the question is not whether or not Bellars feels he can afford to turn away 4million, but more one of doing what he loves more than anything, which is playing football. if he values playing over money, then a huge compromise has to be reached, does he want to play football? and if so does he want to go somewhere up north for an extra £10k a week, over the team which he supports will pay him, and possibly have the opportunity to enter local folklore, if he were part of a Cardiff team that got promoted, in the grand scheme of things, that would be far more valuable to him or any Cardiff supporter for the rest of his life. :ayatollah:

Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:56 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:Not another f*cking Bellamy thread !! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Nuclearblue is about to go critical :mrgreen:

Fri Aug 26, 2011 10:25 pm

I'm just praying Bellers comes back this season. You just never know... :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Aug 26, 2011 10:34 pm

This was the only way he was really likely to make it back here this season........Sit it out and still get paid and end up out on loan for man city to get a bit of compesation :ayatollah:

Fri Aug 26, 2011 10:38 pm

Thanks Carl that's the way I understood the situation .Although Craig feels embarrassed by what he said 4 mil is a lot of money and you cant blame him for not wanting to lose it so the saga continues

Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:33 pm

carlccfc wrote:I heard he was in the Park Thistle this evening too

Honoured to know you read my posts on ccmb Carl!

Sat Aug 27, 2011 4:39 am

i'm still convinced craig will become a liverpool player in the next few days. i'm sure they'll come to an agreement over his wages. :ayatollah:

Sat Aug 27, 2011 7:12 am

I love bellers for coming here last year and to me he is worthy of no criticism at all whatever he decides to do. However the fact that it is liverpool and the chance to work under dalglish may be too great for him to turn down
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 097454.stm

Whatever happens though thank you craig :ayatollah:

Sat Aug 27, 2011 7:16 am

so its all about the money with Craig then.....

Sat Aug 27, 2011 8:29 am

Cheers Carl.

I still think there is a lot of water to flow under this particular bridge but if I'm honest I think Craig will go to Liverpool if the deal can be done. But I also believe that Craig will not let Manchester City off the hook lightly here as they made a commitment to him with his contract and they should honour that.

As I remember I cannot recall Manchester City complaining when they signed Robbie Fowler from Leeds United for 30% of the fee Leeds paid Liverpool for the player. As part of that deal Leeds Utd were also required to pay 30% of Fowlers wages for the full 3 year term of his contract.

What goes around comes around and no matter where Craig ends up Manchester City owe him SIMPLES :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Aug 27, 2011 8:59 am

I can tell you Bellers was at the Academy on Kirkby with a few of the LFC coaching staff on Thursday. They do the Medicals at Melwood so no idea why he was there but he 100% was.

Sat Aug 27, 2011 9:02 am

Comes down to what he loves most, will it be Cardiff City his home town club and the chance to get them to the premiership after failing last year, or will he go for the money ????

He would fit like a glove o this new hard working fully committed team and could go on to be a Cardiff City legend IMO, but will he ????

Come on Craig, you know what you should do !!!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Aug 27, 2011 9:18 am

Warrior wrote:Cheers Cal for the latest info, I hear he still wants to come home, but the Malaysians are not willing to pay his wages anymore, I hope want I am hearing on the grapevine is wrong.

Maybe Malky has decided it is taking too long and rather hang on in hope, he is being decisive and going after more targets, maybe he thinks that sort of money can be better spent.

Sat Aug 27, 2011 10:18 am

Unless Liverpool are stupid enough to offer Bellamy £90k p/w he is staying at Manchester City.

No-one gives up that amount in wages and if I were him I would sit tight until January when the pay off will have dropped to around £2m and the chances are City will offer £1m + a free transfer so that he can join us on £30k p/w

Sat Aug 27, 2011 10:45 am

With 30k+ a week Malky can attract two or three very good players in this
division. Also, it will give him more purchasing power to get long term
loan players in. I'd love to see Craig back here, fit, terrorising defences.
But i think he comes at too high a price. 30k is a gamble on one player
with a long history of injury. With him on the pitch against Reading last
season we would probably have beat them, his injury cost Cardiff City
Millions.

As for anyone calling him greedy??

Get a grip.

I've said this before. Hands up how many of us would be willing to chip
in TWO THIRDS of our wages for our "love of Cardiff City"...

Wayne S wrote:He cannot give Man City the upper hand.

A free transfer means nothing if Bellamy WILL NOT move. Man City do not want his wages for another year so will give Bellamy the pay off he needs or pay him £90k a week until the end of his contract.

Cannot see why Bellamy would blink first if he wants to come back. He asks for the pay-off he wants or tells them that he will see out his contract.

Spot on Wayne, my words exactly.That is the situation in a nutshell!

Midnight Wednesday ; If he's still a Man City player , then I think he will join us , sometime in September.
The next five days are going to be fun. But I hope MM is looking elsewhere for players too (just in case) .

Sat Aug 27, 2011 11:07 am

Thanks for your update Carl, I maybe way off the mark but reading between the lines.

(1) Bellamy is going nowhere during this transfer window.
(2) Manchester City will make him an offer to pay off part of his contract, between 60 & 75 percent. I don't believe they will pay off all of his contract.
(3) Cardiff would have to cover the balance of his wages to the end of the season, when Craig would decide what he wants to do. He may well retire then.

This all may well be wishful thinking but I did hear that Craig was having a medical Thursday, which I took to be last Thursday. Obviously this did not take place but could be I got it wrong and my source meant next Thursday. The source I received this from has no interest in football and has given me information on Cardiff and the Wales team in the past, which has turned out to be spot on. Who knows but I wouldn't be surprised to see him walk out against Doncaster.

And no I won't come on here next Friday claiming it is the Thursday after. Just sharing information I have received from a source I trust.

Sat Aug 27, 2011 11:43 am

Still pretty confident he will come to us on deadline day. I got my 3/1 and am still very happy with it ;)

Sat Aug 27, 2011 12:02 pm

Leytonstoneblue wrote:Looks like a case of someone wanting his cake and eating it. Man City have done the right thing in granting him a free transfer, now that Bellars is on the open Market, it seems that clubs probably don't think he is worth more than £40k say, so the question is not whether or not Bellars feels he can afford to turn away 4million, but more one of doing what he loves more than anything, which is playing football. if he values playing over money, then a huge compromise has to be reached, does he want to play football? and if so does he want to go somewhere up north for an extra £10k a week, over the team which he supports will pay him, and possibly have the opportunity to enter local folklore, if he were part of a Cardiff team that got promoted, in the grand scheme of things, that would be far more valuable to him or any Cardiff supporter for the rest of his life. :ayatollah:

You make a good point. However....

Craig signed a binding contract with Manchester City under Mark Hughes and has a RIGHT to expect that to be honoured regardless of who is now in charge.....

To suggest Craig is being greedy is wide of the mark. He simply wants what he is owed and is doing NOTHING any of us wouldn't do in similar circumstances....

Personally (and I have NO inside knowledge) I don't think a move to Cardiff is completely out of the question. I firmly believe that there is a fair amount of 'brinksmanship' being played out here and come Transfer deadline Day (or soon after) there WILL be movemnet on the Craig Bellamy front once and for all....

Whether that means to Cardiff city or to another club (e.g. Liverpuddle or Harry's Hotspurs) is another matter. But I do believe the longer this goes on the MORE LIKELY Craig is to come 'home' to cardiff....

It won't be for the want of trying....

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Aug 27, 2011 1:07 pm

Wide range of views and comments on this subject but I think that if he has not signed for a new club by the end of the xfer window he will be coming back to us

Cannot see Craig going on a free transfer as he would lose too much money.

So Man City options are:

Man City will have to pay in excess of 4.9 million pounds (1yr left on contract) if Craig remains on their books.

They could either terminate his contract with a reduced pay off of say 2 million and thereby as a free agent we could then sign him (as long as we want to and can afford to) as I believe this falls outside the "Transfer Window" or a loan deal what happened last year.

Man City have to look at whether they want to pay 4.9 million, 3.2 million or 2 million (figures not exact) to solve this issue

I would suggest that Craig holds all the cards and this could be only good for us!!

:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Aug 27, 2011 1:07 pm

Bellamy said he needs the wages paid off for him, for his academy in Sierra Leone, if he takes a place with high wages it's because he needs the money to fund that academy, not because he lied.

Sat Aug 27, 2011 5:08 pm

He should rot in the reserves at Man City picking up 90K a week off that filthy rich Arab. F*ck Man city, bunch of tossers buying up football. Mancini is a nobber as well, he should be in a Shampoo advert the ponce. I would love to give him a skinhead when he's sleeping.
Bellamy should then come to Cardiff in a year, filthy rich and itching to play. :ayatollah:

Sat Aug 27, 2011 6:53 pm

If Bellamy doesn't want to honour the rest of his contract then why should he be paid as if he had. Some players make me sick. How many millions do you really need to live comfortably.

Sat Aug 27, 2011 7:04 pm

LeBlue wrote:Bellamy said he needs the wages paid off for him, for his academy in Sierra Leone, if he takes a place with high wages it's because he needs the money to fund that academy, not because he lied.

Come on, he probably pays less than a week's wages to the academy. How much is property over there? How much do teachers earn?

The Telegraph said in an article

"School fees of up to £12.50 a term are not affordable for most families. More than half the population in Sierra Leone live on less than £1 a day. Education is often interrupted by lack of money, pressure to contribute to family income, pregnancy or child marriage, which generally involves a 'bride price’ paid by the groom."

OK, the academy may have better facilities but it's still not going to cost a fortune in our terms.

Sat Aug 27, 2011 7:55 pm

carlccfc wrote:As I promised I would on Wednesday evening here is the latest update on Craig Bellamy.

Craig Bellamy has a contract at Man City which is worth £4million for the final full season of his contract to him.

Craig wants to come back to Cardiff, that is clear. He made remarks after the Burnley game last season and he fully expected at that time that he would be back at CCS for pre season. There have been factors in play since those comments that Craig did not consider at the time and that was Man City not allowing him to return on a similar deal to the one where we had him last year and secondly the changes made at Cardiff through the summer.

Craig Bellamy went and met with Mancini to try and rectify the situation and come to an agreement with Man City to force the move to Cardiff.

Craig does not want to lose up to £4million by walking away from his current contract with Cardiff. On the first day of pre season at Man City Craig was made aware that Cardiff City were willing to pay as much as £30k per week for his services, Craig asked Man City to pay him off so that he and Man City could part company.

Craig knew that Man City would not pay his contract up in full but hoped that they would pay the bulk of it to get him off the payroll for a considerable amount less, if Man City offered him £2.5million and upwards to terminate then Craig Bellamy would undoubtedly be a Cardiff City player today. If they were to offer him anything under that figure then he would not accept it and go elsewhere for a drop in wage.

Man City never offered Craig a settlement figure but instead granted him a free transfer.

So Craig has to find the money at another club. Before people claim that he can afford it and if he loved Cardiff then he would accept the free transfer and sign for Cardiff, I would say think about it, it is £4million that he is throwing away that he is entitled to, that is the contract that Man City agreed and Craig his digging his heels in.

Craig made friends aware that he would come to Cardiff if the settlement from Manchester was right, they pay him up in full or the majority of it but that has not been the case. I can tell you that Craig is little embarrassed by his remarks at the end of last season because they have not come to fruition and he also said that if he does join another side then he will return to speak to close friends before doing so.

On Sunday I posted that Craig would not be returning as I was told that he had entered talks with Liverpool and at the time I stated I would not post the team involved at the time as the information was not widely available but over the last day or so it has become public knowledge in the media and I knew this was going to happen by calls I was receiving on Wednesday afternoon and I did post on Wednesday that it could be in the press on Thursday.

Talks with Liverpool have stalled because of wages, Craig wants to get the remainder of the contract he has signed with Man City but the fact that he has been granted a free transfer and not a termination of contract, he will not get the money unless he stays in Manchester. Liverpool will not pay the £90k a week wage he is currently on.

Man City have changed tact from last year, they would not sell or loan to clubs they saw as direct competition but as with Adebayor going Spurs, Man City see themselves as moving up another level in the Premiership and with the signings of Aguero and Nasri they are now in direct competition with United for the title.

Craig's heart is with Cardiff but he his strong minded and only wants what is contractually his by right.

Does it mean his move back to Cardiff is totally off, then no would be the answer but it is extremely unlikely unless of course we enter the loan window and his situation is unresolved and Man City give in and allow Craig to re-sign for Cardiff on a similar deal to last season or they terminate his contract and pay the majority of it.

Craigs heart is in his wallet . What a load of old tosh. A Multi Millionaire in his 30's putting money before actually playing the sport.

Sat Aug 27, 2011 7:58 pm

Taliesin wrote:If Bellamy doesn't want to honour the rest of his contract then why should he be paid as if he had. Some players make me sick. How many millions do you really need to live comfortably.

Lame excuse. He's just a greedy little shit. If his heart was in Cardiff not his wallet he would be here , it wasn't long ago he was claiming he had not touched his wages since his Newcastle days.

Sat Aug 27, 2011 8:04 pm

Warrior wrote:Cheers Cal for the latest info, I hear he still wants to come home, but the Malaysians are not willing to pay his wages anymore, I hope want I am hearing on the grapevine is wrong.

Paying 45 grand a week on Earnie and Miller there's now way they will shell out on another big strikers wage warrior if they are doing what they say and running a prudent business now. Warrior I would think you are nearer the mark and there is no hope on this happening at all.