Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

THE CRAIG BELLAMY UPDATE

Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:09 pm

As I promised I would on Wednesday evening here is the latest update on Craig Bellamy.

Craig Bellamy has a contract at Man City which is worth £4million for the final full season of his contract to him.

Craig wants to come back to Cardiff, that is clear. He made remarks after the Burnley game last season and he fully expected at that time that he would be back at CCS for pre season. There have been factors in play since those comments that Craig did not consider at the time and that was Man City not allowing him to return on a similar deal to the one where we had him last year and secondly the changes made at Cardiff through the summer.

Craig Bellamy went and met with Mancini to try and rectify the situation and come to an agreement with Man City to force the move to Cardiff.

Craig does not want to lose up to £4million by walking away from his current contract with Cardiff. On the first day of pre season at Man City Craig was made aware that Cardiff City were willing to pay as much as £30k per week for his services, Craig asked Man City to pay him off so that he and Man City could part company.

Craig knew that Man City would not pay his contract up in full but hoped that they would pay the bulk of it to get him off the payroll for a considerable amount less, if Man City offered him £2.5million and upwards to terminate then Craig Bellamy would undoubtedly be a Cardiff City player today. If they were to offer him anything under that figure then he would not accept it and go elsewhere for a drop in wage.

Man City never offered Craig a settlement figure but instead granted him a free transfer.

So Craig has to find the money at another club. Before people claim that he can afford it and if he loved Cardiff then he would accept the free transfer and sign for Cardiff, I would say think about it, it is £4million that he is throwing away that he is entitled to, that is the contract that Man City agreed and Craig his digging his heels in.

Craig made friends aware that he would come to Cardiff if the settlement from Manchester was right, they pay him up in full or the majority of it but that has not been the case. I can tell you that Craig is little embarrassed by his remarks at the end of last season because they have not come to fruition and he also said that if he does join another side then he will return to speak to close friends before doing so.

On Sunday I posted that Craig would not be returning as I was told that he had entered talks with Liverpool and at the time I stated I would not post the team involved at the time as the information was not widely available but over the last day or so it has become public knowledge in the media and I knew this was going to happen by calls I was receiving on Wednesday afternoon and I did post on Wednesday that it could be in the press on Thursday.

Talks with Liverpool have stalled because of wages, Craig wants to get the remainder of the contract he has signed with Man City but the fact that he has been granted a free transfer and not a termination of contract, he will not get the money unless he stays in Manchester. Liverpool will not pay the £90k a week wage he is currently on.

Man City have changed tact from last year, they would not sell or loan to clubs they saw as direct competition but as with Adebayor going Spurs, Man City see themselves as moving up another level in the Premiership and with the signings of Aguero and Nasri they are now in direct competition with United for the title.

Craig's heart is with Cardiff but he his strong minded and only wants what is contractually his by right.

Does it mean his move back to Cardiff is totally off, then no would be the answer but it is extremely unlikely unless of course we enter the loan window and his situation is unresolved and Man City give in and allow Craig to re-sign for Cardiff on a similar deal to last season or they terminate his contract and pay the majority of it.

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

Re: THE CRAIG BELLAMY UPDATE

Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:13 pm

Good update Carl, I just want Malky to move on and look at other players. Unless he already is. :ayatollah:

Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:15 pm

Thank you Carl that clears a lot up for me, and answers questions that I have asked previuosly today,

after your last update i put a tenner on bellamy going to spurs @ 5/1 so gutting if he goes to Liverpool or happy and 10 pound down if he comes back to us :ayatollah:

Bridgend_bluebird wrote:Good update Carl, I just want Malky to move on and look at other players. Unless he already is. :ayatollah:

Same opinion mate, let's move on.

Thanks for the info.

Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:16 pm

intersting man city have granted him a free but will not pay up any thing of his contract...

no wonder he is still digging his heels in.. who wouldnt??? surely though if we took him on the option of a free transfer we could offer him a large signing on fee to compensate for some of the contract. ie 2 mil ??

theres no prem club that will offer craig 90k a week... arsenals wage cap is around 60k, if liverpool wont pay 90k , who will??

Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:17 pm

hi jack and gen :ayatollah:

Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:18 pm

He will be a Cardiff City player soon. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:24 pm

nobby wrote:He will be a Cardiff City player soon. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Loving the positive vibes Nobby :ayatollah:

Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:26 pm

nobby wrote:He will be a Cardiff City player soon. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

IMO on the information above - I think there is now MORE chance of him becoming a Cardiff player.... ;)

Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:26 pm

I really hope your correct there but I doubt it :old: :old: :old: :old:

Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:27 pm

Thanks for update Carl :o :old: :old: :old: :old:

Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:29 pm

Good update carl, cheers for the info :ayatollah:

Hope he comes home , still wear the city shirt with his name on it and that will just look odd if he's playing elsewhere lol

Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:32 pm

He cannot give Man City the upper hand.

A free transfer means nothing if Bellamy WILL NOT move. Man City do not want his wages for another year so will give Bellamy the pay off he needs or pay him £90k a week until the end of his contract.

Cannot see why Bellamy would blink first if he wants to come back. He asks for the pay-off he wants or tells them that he will see out his contract.

Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:32 pm

Merlin wrote:

IMO on the information above - I think there is now MORE chance of him becoming a Cardiff player.... ;)

Hope your right :ayatollah:

Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:36 pm

Wayne S wrote:He cannot give Man City the upper hand.

A free transfer means nothing if Bellamy WILL NOT move. Man City do not want his wages for another year so will give Bellamy the pay off he needs or pay him £90k a week until the end of his contract.

Cannot see why Bellamy would blink first if he wants to come back. He asks for the pay-off he wants or tells them that he will see out his contract.

Bellamy holds the Aces ;)

Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:39 pm

Thanks Carl. Great update. Better news than we have had on the radio and in the papers recently. Money is the deciding factor here. If Liverpool offer £50-60K a week will Bellamy take it ? .What is good for us though is that I cannot see Liverpool offering him £90k a week. He is 32 years old,and despite what we say, past his peak as a player and he will not walk straight into their first team and will probably be a regular substitute. What happened to the medical he was supposed to be having ?

Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:39 pm

Merlin wrote:
Wayne S wrote:He cannot give Man City the upper hand.

Bellamy holds the Aces ;)

it seems he does...

Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:41 pm

BELLAMY IS CARDIFF THROUGH AND THROUGH NO ONE FORGET THIS IF HE DOES SIGN FOR SOMEONE ELSE :ayatollah:

Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:41 pm

ccfcgrangeend wrote:BELLAMY IS CARDIFF THROUGH AND THROUGH NO ONE FORGET THIS IF HE DOES SIGN FOR SOMEONE ELSE :ayatollah:

:ayatollah:

Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:42 pm

cheers for the update carl it answers a few questions. like why its been so drawn out but can see bellars being back here on loan again :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:44 pm

CMON BELLARS!! Cheers for the update :)

Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:46 pm

Craig was in Cardiff today, he was spotted in town around 4pm

It`s simple Caraig should hold out until the transfer window closes, Man City cant do much then other than let him go out on loan to get some cash back, the alternitive is to pay craig £90K a week, I think Craig should hold out for his money, Man City wanted him and they offered the contract, now they dont want him so give him his money so he can go else where.

Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:49 pm

fac2527 wrote:Craig was in Cardiff today, he was spotted in town around 4pm

It`s simple Caraig should hold out until the transfer window closes, Man City cant do much then other than let him go out on loan to get some cash back, the alternitive is to pay craig £90K a week, I think Craig should hold out for his money, Man City wanted him and they offered the contract, now they dont want him so give him his money so he can go else where.

I heard he was in the Park Thistle this evening too

Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:50 pm

i think it will be like the adebayor deal... we may get him on loan paying a contribution to his wages...

its a time scenario again.... only problem i do have is, i hope we are still looking at other targets or if we do manage to secure bellers services will he be well behind the others in match sharpness to make an impact again until later in the season...

Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:54 pm

Blackwood_Bluebird wrote:

i think it will be like the adebayor deal... we may get him on loan paying a contribution to his wages...

its a time scenario again.... only problem i do have is, i hope we are still looking at other targets or if we do manage to secure bellers services will he be well behind the others in match sharpness to make an impact again until later in the season...

He's a trowbridge fella who went to rumney high, he'll be back at Cardiff! best do anyway! TBH with match sharpness, even this so, i think it will only take him 2 games or so to get back into it, hes experience and just a plain natural footballer. It'll be fine imo

Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:57 pm

Cheers carl,just hope man c does what is right for cardiff :) :ayatollah:

Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:58 pm

hope so deano, think he would be a real bonus in this yrs team... i think he would have a bigger impact this time..

he loves to work hard, and that is exactly the mentality that this team has this yr...

there were many occasions last season where we lacked commitment from certain individuals ...

come on craig.... :ayatollah:

Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:27 pm

Yeh I agree, bothroyd ruined last season for me tbh, as soon as he got into the england team, went ot his head, turned lazy imo, but this season i think cardiff will be working together more as a team which as you say, bellamy would make more of an impact tbh. Cant wait to see the turnout!

Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:33 pm

Cheers Carl :ayatollah: