Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

owners very quiet

Fri Aug 26, 2011 7:45 pm

Why are the owners keeping very quiet about potential transfers and what direction the club will take, I feel most fans are fed up with being kept in the dark, we are behind the new owners in general so just start being honest with us.

Re: owners very quiet

Fri Aug 26, 2011 7:46 pm

Or theres nothing to say? :?

Fri Aug 26, 2011 7:48 pm

Hopefuly they are keeping quiet so other teams dont try and get our targets rather than just doing fk all hoping for the best.

Fri Aug 26, 2011 7:50 pm

Damn if they do damn if they dont. Atleast it keeps the vultures pissed off.

Fri Aug 26, 2011 7:53 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:Damn if they do damn if they dont. Atleast it keeps the vultures pissed off.

Going on what has happened at this club for the past 30 years I'd say quiet owners were a nice change. :lol:

Fri Aug 26, 2011 7:54 pm

they want out, took the gamble and didn't pay off, not paying out loads of cash just stabalising the club so they can walk away

Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:05 pm

bluebird1972 wrote:Why are the owners keeping very quiet about potential transfers and what direction the club will take, I feel most fans are fed up with being kept in the dark, we are behind the new owners in general so just start being honest with us.

Funny enough I was saying to my boy yesterday that I thought it's strange we haven't heard a pip from TG. He had plenty to say after our defeat to Blackpool last year (onwards and upwards etc) but this year he's strangely quiet. :(

Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:25 pm

NIGELNIGLE wrote:
bluebird1972 wrote:Why are the owners keeping very quiet about potential transfers and what direction the club will take, I feel most fans are fed up with being kept in the dark, we are behind the new owners in general so just start being honest with us.

Funny enough I was saying to my boy yesterday that I thought it's strange we haven't heard a pip from TG. He had plenty to say after our defeat to Blackpool last year (onwards and upwards etc) but this year he's strangely quiet. :(

He said enough at the EGM a few weeks back.

Answered any questions and reiterated their committment to the club.

Turned £6m of their debt (money they had loaned to the club to keep us running) into shares, bringing their shareholding up to £12m. They have already invested more in shares in this club than anyone else ever has. That means more to me than spouting off about what they want to do.

Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:51 pm

Lawnmower wrote:
NIGELNIGLE wrote:

Turned £6m of their debt (money they had loaned to the club to keep us running) into shares, bringing their shareholding up to £12m. They have already invested more in shares in this club than anyone else ever has. That means more to me than spouting off about what they want to do.

Have they received those shares yet Tim?

Fri Aug 26, 2011 10:54 pm

Not really sure what people want. If nothing needs saying then why speak for the sake of it?
Anything anyone at the club says is always twisted anyway. I hope
TG an tan stay as quiet as possible.

Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:56 pm

McClane wrote:they want out, took the gamble and didn't pay off, not paying out loads of cash just stabalising the club so they can walk away

Not that I agree but just before we folded user PR this is what 99% of people wanted on this board. We shouldn't be depending on anyone. If they can stabilise the club then they will go down as legends.

Sat Aug 27, 2011 1:17 am

They're ALWAYS quiet until they have something to say....

Nothing new there, mate....

Personally, I think it's the right way to be.... :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Aug 27, 2011 8:35 am

carlccfc wrote:
Lawnmower wrote:
NIGELNIGLE wrote:

Have they received those shares yet Tim?

I wouldn't know that Carl.

I suspect you know people who might be able to tell you before I find out. ;)

All I can say was the EGM went ahead it was voted on and passed (as you know as you were also there) and the allotting resolution was filed with Companies House on 10/8.

Next thing to look out for is a 'Statement of capital' which last time followed a few weeks after the filing of the resolution.

Sat Aug 27, 2011 9:04 am

Sven Ghali wrote:

They're ALWAYS quiet until they have something to say....

Nothing new there, mate....

Personally, I think it's the right way to be.... :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Spot on mate, i dont know why the should feel the need to say anything. the next few days will clearly show if they want to stabilise or challenge for promotion

Sat Aug 27, 2011 3:21 pm

"start being honest"

What a strange statement.

Why is keeping quiet dishonest??

Sat Aug 27, 2011 3:21 pm

McClane wrote:they want out, took the gamble and didn't pay off, not paying out loads of cash just stabalising the club so they can walk away

Yeh righto :?

Sat Aug 27, 2011 5:24 pm

I really do hope that things behind the scenes at our club are being conducted in a professional & prudent manner, for the long term benefit of Cardiff City FC. We all live in hope! :old: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Aug 27, 2011 5:39 pm

RICK+CCFC wrote:I really do hope that things behind the scenes at our club are being conducted in a professional & prudent manner, for the long term benefit of Cardiff City FC. We all live in hope! :old: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Check out the Coventry board and see where you'd rather be ?

If rumours are correct we are going to nick probably their best player for £750k and they are just pleased it will keep them going for another month or 2 :shock: