Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

How In This Day And Age Is This Acceptable

Fri Aug 26, 2011 4:57 pm

Whatever your views on the public spending cuts being enforced on the country by our government can anyone find it within them to support cutting funding to visually impaired pensioners. Well thats exactly what Swansea County Council intend doing to an OAP Day centre

http://www.thisissouthwales.co.uk/Final ... story.html

I think this council needs to be brought to account over this and answer why they cannot find the funding to support these people and yet allow two private sporting clubs the use of a £30m public asset FREE OF CHARGE.

Sorry but it makes my blood boil that a local authority can show such a lack of compassion as surely not even our cost cutting government would support this.

End of rant. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: How In This Day And Age Is This Acceptable

Fri Aug 26, 2011 6:20 pm

But its OK coz its in Swansea :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fri Aug 26, 2011 6:22 pm

I'm fine with all that. :D

Fri Aug 26, 2011 6:23 pm

b*stard Tories/Lib demers!!!

:evil:

Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:52 pm

How about they stop subsidising the Ospreys and Jerks playing at the Lavatory Stadium, force them to pay rent, and then they may have a few more pounds to spend on these services....

Fri Aug 26, 2011 10:21 pm

God what a load of hypocritical shite you lot spout on here . its nothing to do with the OAPs it's just another opportunity to have a dig at the FIRST & ONLY Premier club of Wales . bitters ,I wonder if you'd be so vocal if a library was being closed in Porth probably not.

Sat Aug 27, 2011 8:16 am

Fusilier52 wrote:God what a load of hypocritical shite you lot spout on here . its nothing to do with the OAPs it's just another opportunity to have a dig at the FIRST & ONLY Premier club of Wales . bitters ,I wonder if you'd be so vocal if a library was being closed in Porth probably not.

Well in my opinion anyone who resorts to name calling in answer to a serious question is obviously struggling to put forward a reasonable answer to the original question. It is a matter of fact than since the Liberty Stadium has opened the landlords "Swansea Council" has yet to reveive a single penny from the Company set up to run the Stadium on their behalf.

http://www.thisissouthwales.co.uk/Leade ... story.html

It is also a fact that the Company set up to run the Stadium is actually controlled by members of Swansea City Football Club and The Ospreys who effectively carry the controlling votes. Little wonder that after 5 years the Stadium has yet to declare a profit.

I understand completely that local authorities have some difficult decisions to make, as described by Midfield General, but the question I asked in the OP is " How In This Day And Age Is This Acceptable" to take away funding for a day centre for visually impaired OAP whilst allowing two private sports club the free use of a council owned facility.

For me there is no acceptable reason for this and I would think the same if this was happening in Caerphilly where I live or Timbukto. You see I do have values and they are offended when I see such injustice. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Aug 27, 2011 8:33 am

placid-casual wrote:b*stard Tories/Lib demers!!!

Usual blame the tories drivel......fact is there are over 5 times as many labour councillors in Swansea than there are tory. And, due to Labour's reckless spending between 1997 and 2010, cuts have to be made.

Not that I agree with many of these cuts, but I'm fed up of the Tories getting blamed for Labour's legacy! :evil:

Sat Aug 27, 2011 8:40 am

Usual blame the tories drivel......fact is there are over 5 times as many labour councillors in Swansea than there are tory. And, due to Labour's reckless spending between 1997 and 2010, cuts have to be made.

Not that I agree with many of these cuts, but I'm fed up of the Tories getting blamed for Labour's legacy!

I agree situations like this should not be used as party political issues, whatever the reasons for public spending cuts they are a fact of life across the world not just this country.

Having said that is it right that two private sports club are allowed the use of a £30m public asset free of charge whilst funding to an OAP day centre is cut.

Forget party politics IS THAT RIGHT. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: