Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Thank you Craig Bellamy

Fri Aug 26, 2011 3:15 pm

wdb2721 wrote:
recharding wrote:If he doesn't sign for us this season then Craig Bellamy will always be a City legend.

I think we should all thank him for his service and we understand any decision he makes.

Good luck Craig and thanks.

There is no way that CB can be labelled a city legend, he played in an under achieving team that should have gone up automatically. In my eyes that is a failure.

Exactly. Only thing for me that Bellamy done was scoring the winner against the Jacks !

Fri Aug 26, 2011 3:28 pm

droopy wrote:
Keli wrote:
droopy wrote:
Keli wrote:
droopy wrote:As I have just stated in a previous post, I think the term "Legend" is just tossed about by some city fans who have no idea of the concept of the word.

Footballers I would class as Legends: -

Carragher - Liverpool
G Neville - Man Utd
Gerrard - Liverpool
Terry - Chelsea
Giggs - Man Utd

Players who are 100% committed to the club they love and would die for the shirt.

Bellamy was here for 1 season and achieved what............Nothing.

Talking bollocks here, how many of those mentioned would have stayed at these clubs if they had not been in the Top 4, and on mega-money???? Answers on a post card to ................

How about, Gerrard for instance - Liverpool were 6th in the league when Chelsea made the offer to take him to Stamford Bridge and he turned them down. Clever c**t!

I was using the examples above as examples, there are plenty more lower down the leagues too.

It appears that I am still a clever c**t, what a stupid argument against my point... 6th in the league FFS :lol:

Your point has no substance, we will never know how loyal they would have been outside of the top 4/6 or whatever because they never have been - therefore I used the one example that I can think of.

Please, next time you want to get into a discussion, lets have something we can discuss instead of using hindsight.

Your point didn't have much substance either, in fairness. We all know that if the clubs these players are playing for all of a sudden became unsuccessful then they would walk.

It is easy to be loyal to a successful organisation that pays you silly money. I would be very loyal for that opportunity....

My comment is not about hindsight, it is (I believe) a statement of fact.... There is not mouch loyalty in football, yes they would prefer to stay where they are, but not at any cost, so their real loyalty is to themselves....

BTW I am not arguing about the "legends" comments....

:roll:

Fri Aug 26, 2011 3:31 pm

Keli wrote:
droopy wrote:
Keli wrote:
droopy wrote:
Keli wrote:
droopy wrote:As I have just stated in a previous post, I think the term "Legend" is just tossed about by some city fans who have no idea of the concept of the word.

Footballers I would class as Legends: -

Carragher - Liverpool
G Neville - Man Utd
Gerrard - Liverpool
Terry - Chelsea
Giggs - Man Utd

Players who are 100% committed to the club they love and would die for the shirt.

Bellamy was here for 1 season and achieved what............Nothing.

Talking bollocks here, how many of those mentioned would have stayed at these clubs if they had not been in the Top 4, and on mega-money???? Answers on a post card to ................

How about, Gerrard for instance - Liverpool were 6th in the league when Chelsea made the offer to take him to Stamford Bridge and he turned them down. Clever c**t!

I was using the examples above as examples, there are plenty more lower down the leagues too.

It appears that I am still a clever c**t, what a stupid argument against my point... 6th in the league FFS :lol:

Your point has no substance, we will never know how loyal they would have been outside of the top 4/6 or whatever because they never have been - therefore I used the one example that I can think of.

Please, next time you want to get into a discussion, lets have something we can discuss instead of using hindsight.

Your point didn't have much substance either, in fairness. We all know that if the clubs these players are playing for all of a sudden became unsuccessful then they would walk.

It is easy to be loyal to a successful organisation that pays you silly money. I would be very loyal for that opportunity....

My comment is not about hindsight, it is (I believe) a statement of fact.... There is not mouch loyalty in football, yes they would prefer to stay where they are, but not at any cost, so their real loyalty is to themselves....

BTW I am not arguing about the "legends" comments....

:roll:

YAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!! :lol:

Fri Aug 26, 2011 4:34 pm

Valleybluebird wrote:I'm Cardiff city through and through.... But some of our fans are wankers.... He came here last year for whatever reason... And this year probably going somewhere else because we can't afford him.. How is he doing wrong???

Not wankers my friend,just fans passionate about CARDIFF CITY. If motor mouth hadn't spouted off about only playing for Man City or Cardiff City,then we wouldn't be having all this ill feeling going around. Let's be honest,it's not the first time his mouth has caused uproar.

Fri Aug 26, 2011 5:18 pm

How the f**k is Bellamy a legend?? he's been here for one season and done nothing but get crowds bigger...