Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Thank you Craig Bellamy

Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:26 am

If he doesn't sign for us this season then Craig Bellamy will always be a City legend.

I think we should all thank him for his service and we understand any decision he makes.

Good luck Craig and thanks.

Re: Thank you Craig Bellamy

Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:00 pm

How the f**k is he a legend? It really annoys me when people say this. :evil:

The term legend is drafted out far to easily by some fans. :roll:

Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:06 pm

droopy wrote:How the f**k is he a legend? It really annoys me when people say this. :evil:

agreed :ayatollah:

Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:08 pm

BOLLOX to him he should thank us we helped him be closer to his family which is what he wanted alegedly, alsomaybe liverpool can find a home for the sierra leonne lads that are using our facilities

Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:09 pm

As I have just stated in a previous post, I think the term "Legend" is just tossed about by some city fans who have no idea of the concept of the word.

Footballers I would class as Legends: -

Carragher - Liverpool
G Neville - Man Utd
Gerrard - Liverpool
Terry - Chelsea
Giggs - Man Utd

Players who are 100% committed to the club they love and would die for the shirt.

Bellamy was here for 1 season and achieved what............Nothing.

Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:13 pm

Thank you for what he got payed 80k per week for playing football which we payed some of his wages weather he played 1 in 3 games or not which he did most weeks when he was here it dont make him a legend does it,If he wanted to play for us he would be here by now and if the owners could meet man citys asking price which they carnt he would also be here by now plus the owners dont have a penny to piss in a pot with for us this year thats clear for all to see hence why we lost 12players end of last season either onloans going back players sold or out of contract and got 7lesser or equal players in this year and no sign of anything comming in which makes us the smallest squad we have had for 11years ,thats what i dont get people have there heads in the clouds on this forum but saying that i will still be there and thats all that counts to me cheering on the 11 players who are out there :lol: :lol:

Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:15 pm

droopy wrote:As I have just stated in a previous post, I think the term "Legend" is just tossed about by some city fans who have no idea of the concept of the word.
Can I add Matt le tissier,he stayed although southampton were never gonna win much :ayatollah:

Carragher - Liverpool
G Neville - Man Utd
Gerrard - Liverpool
Terry - Chelsea
Giggs - Man Utd

Players who are 100% committed to the club they love and would die for the shirt.

Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:20 pm

:ayatollah:

Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:29 pm

Cardiff City legends are really few and far between if we're honest. Phil Dwyer and Fred Keenor are almost the only 2 I can think of. Legends aren't made in one season

Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:45 pm

what did he do for us jack shit

Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:49 pm

Nottage Blue wrote:Cardiff City legends are really few and far between if we're honest. Phil Dwyer and Fred Keenor are almost the only 2 I can think of. Legends aren't made in one season

Add Jason Perry and Scott Young to that list.

Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:52 pm

Gareth (Wilts) wrote:
Nottage Blue wrote:Cardiff City legends are really few and far between if we're honest. Phil Dwyer and Fred Keenor are almost the only 2 I can think of. Legends aren't made in one season

True, true. They weren't at the top of my head when i wrote that. They are now though :ayatollah:

Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:54 pm

Nottage Blue wrote:
Gareth (Wilts) wrote:

True, true. They weren't at the top of my head when i wrote that. They are now though :ayatollah:

You forgot Andy Kerr and Chris Marustik :oops:

Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:58 pm

Gareth (Wilts) wrote:
Nottage Blue wrote:
Gareth (Wilts) wrote:

:lol: :lol: Eddie Johnson?

Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:59 pm

Feckin Ell mun! Andy Legg was more of a legend than Bellamy and he was a jack b*stard! :lol:

Fri Aug 26, 2011 1:02 pm

recharding wrote:If he doesn't sign for us this season then Craig Bellamy will always be a City legend.

I think we should all thank him for his service and we understand any decision he makes.

Bollox to him if he doesn't sign, helped us out a little last year but less than many players and then bugger off for the money and higher profile this year.........

BUT WE DON'T KNOW FOR DEFINATE, IF HE DOES SIGN HE WILL GO UP IN MY ESTIMATION :?: :?:

Fri Aug 26, 2011 1:10 pm

Nottage Blue wrote:
Gareth (Wilts) wrote:
Nottage Blue wrote:
Gareth (Wilts) wrote:

:lol: :lol: Eddie Johnson?

ALl time legend xi
Bywater
Andy Kerr
Carlton Leonard
Nigel Stephenson
John carver
Marustik
Derrick Christie
Andy Rogers
Pat Heard
Paul Wheeler
Robbie Turner

Fri Aug 26, 2011 1:12 pm

recharding wrote:If he doesn't sign for us this season then Craig Bellamy will always be a City legend.

agggggggggggg shut the f**k up about Bellamy. PLEASE :lol:

Fri Aug 26, 2011 1:21 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:

Nukes, you must enjoy reading all the Bellamy threads? Cos everytime I click on one you're there!!! :lol:

Fri Aug 26, 2011 1:42 pm

I'm Cardiff city through and through.... But some of our fans are wankers.... He came here last year for whatever reason... And this year probably going somewhere else because we can't afford him.. How is he doing wrong???

Fri Aug 26, 2011 1:56 pm

Valleybluebird wrote:I'm Cardiff city through and through.... But some of our fans are wankers.... He came here last year for whatever reason... And this year probably going somewhere else because we can't afford him.. How is he doing wrong???

How about the swarm of comments HE has made regarding returning to the club. Open your eyes FFS! :roll:

Fri Aug 26, 2011 2:12 pm

droopy wrote:
Valleybluebird wrote:I'm Cardiff city through and through.... But some of our fans are wankers.... He came here last year for whatever reason... And this year probably going somewhere else because we can't afford him.. How is he doing wrong???

How about the swarm of comments HE has made regarding returning to the club. Open your eyes FFS! :roll:

He obviously does want to but we can't afford him... Simples

Fri Aug 26, 2011 2:18 pm

droopy wrote:As I have just stated in a previous post, I think the term "Legend" is just tossed about by some city fans who have no idea of the concept of the word.

Carragher - Liverpool
G Neville - Man Utd
Gerrard - Liverpool
Terry - Chelsea
Giggs - Man Utd

Talking bollocks here, how many of those mentioned would have stayed at these clubs if they had not been in the Top 4, and on mega-money???? Answers on a post card to ................

Fri Aug 26, 2011 2:21 pm

droopy wrote:How the f**k is he a legend? It really annoys me when people say this. :evil:

This^^

Fri Aug 26, 2011 2:42 pm

Keli wrote:

Carragher - Liverpool
G Neville - Man Utd
Gerrard - Liverpool
Terry - Chelsea
Giggs - Man Utd

Talking bollocks here, how many of those mentioned would have stayed at these clubs if they had not been in the Top 4, and on mega-money???? Answers on a post card to ................

How about, Gerrard for instance - Liverpool were 6th in the league when Chelsea made the offer to take him to Stamford Bridge and he turned them down. Clever c**t!

I was using the examples above as examples, there are plenty more lower down the leagues too.

Fri Aug 26, 2011 2:51 pm

droopy wrote:
Keli wrote:

Carragher - Liverpool
G Neville - Man Utd
Gerrard - Liverpool
Terry - Chelsea
Giggs - Man Utd

How about, Gerrard for instance - Liverpool were 6th in the league when Chelsea made the offer to take him to Stamford Bridge and he turned them down. Clever c**t!

I was using the examples above as examples, there are plenty more lower down the leagues too.

It appears that I am still a clever c**t, what a stupid argument against my point... 6th in the league FFS :lol:

Fri Aug 26, 2011 2:54 pm

Keli wrote:
droopy wrote:
Keli wrote:

Carragher - Liverpool
G Neville - Man Utd
Gerrard - Liverpool
Terry - Chelsea
Giggs - Man Utd

It appears that I am still a clever c**t, what a stupid argument against my point... 6th in the league FFS :lol:

Your point has no substance, we will never know how loyal they would have been outside of the top 4/6 or whatever because they never have been - therefore I used the one example that I can think of.

Please, next time you want to get into a discussion, lets have something we can discuss instead of using hindsight.

Fri Aug 26, 2011 2:58 pm

Merlin wrote:
Nuclearblue wrote:

Nukes, you must enjoy reading all the Bellamy threads? Cos everytime I click on one you're there!!! :lol:

Yeah and every time i open a text you are there :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fri Aug 26, 2011 3:03 pm

There is no way that CB can be labelled a city legend, he played in an under achieving team that should have gone up automatically. In my eyes that is a failure.

Fri Aug 26, 2011 3:14 pm

I have to admit I never expected such a fervent reaction my thread.

I think Bellamy's initial decision to join us should he is a true blue. He didn't have too. This taking into account his desire to be close to his family.

For me, he is a legend for his goal against Swansea at the Liberty.

However, maybe using the word ' legend' was too much. He certainly is in City folklore.

As for City legends. 1927 FA Cup final team is all we really have.