Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Michael Chopra, SOS

Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:24 am

having left us for ipswich if their slump continues which I hope it does, I would welcome Chopra back ,
for the type of funding we have available we are not going to get a better proven goal scorer for around the 1 million mark No way, for someone of chopra's ability 3/4 million we'd be looking at, Ipswich were extremely lucky to get him at 1 million due to recent bad form and injury.

I have 100% confidence that under MM and new team mates Chopra would be a changed man reproducing the table topping form he is capable of 2,3 seasons ago when we stood top at christmas,
I cant see him wanting to stay at ipswich, and although they have a decent sqaud their are clearly problems somewhere

Re: Michael Chopra, SOS

Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:30 am

Cracking player on his day, but I'd say no and go find something cheaper and can do the same sort of job.

Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:32 am

Nothing surprises in football but in this matter I think I've more chance of winning the lottery than seeing Chops in a city shirt any time soon. :ayatollah:

Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:33 am

Sneggyblubird wrote:Nothing surprises in football but in this matter I think I've more chance of winning the lottery than seeing Chops in a city shirt any time soon. :ayatollah:

Suppose its unlikely!
Imagen that for a stroy though, :lol:

Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:38 am

I would hope he'd show at least some loyalty towards his new contract, rather than swanning off somewhere else because the team aren't winning.

He's gone now, and we already have two midget strikers, we don't need another one.

Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:53 am

He's gone now so forget it, id have never have sold him though.

Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:02 pm

Would not want him back, guy is a confidence player, if the team are not winning, neither is he.

Also the guy has some serious off-field issues.

Let him rot :ayatollah:

Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:10 pm

Chopra is history now, move on.

We now have players who are maybe not as gifted as Chops but have much better work and team play ethics :ayatollah:

Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:53 pm

hes a drunk who would rather go on the piss than win promotion to the prem better off without him

Fri Aug 26, 2011 1:15 pm

Don't want him he's gone he stays gone. Just like normal scored on his first game and f**k all sinse

Fri Aug 26, 2011 1:21 pm

the thing is with city fans...is we always try and recreate what we once had, weather it be gabbidon, collins, koumas, earnshaw (now he is back) and now chopra...

Fri Aug 26, 2011 6:10 pm

Lou Vogel wrote:the thing is with city fans...is we always try and recreate what we once had, weather it be gabbidon, collins, koumas, earnshaw (now he is back) and now chopra...

Spot on :old: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: