Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

It Will Be An Interesting Match Tomorrow

Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:44 am

which will see the two teams at opposite ends of the Championship club discipline league set to meet each other at Fratton Park.

Portsmouth currently sit at the top of the club disciplinary league having committed 65 fouls and having had 13 yellow cards, Cardiff City are currently bottom of the league having committed only 21 and having 6 yellow cards thanks mainly to the 4 cards given by referee Mr Bates last week.

The match referee tomorrow is Andy Woolmer which shouldn't be seen as bad news for Bluebird fans as we have never lost a game where he has been the referee, 5 wins 2 draws. However Mr Woolmer has quite a record when it comes to dishing out cards and in 2 of the last 4 seasons he has handed out over 100 yellow cards in a season, 129 being his record.

So far this season Mr Woolmer is on target to hit the 100 mark again, he awarded 6 in the Tranmere / Sheff Utd match last week. So for those who like a gamble what are the odds in having more than 5 yellow cards in this game and given Portsmouth approach to the game this season what odds on a red card being shown.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: It Will Be An Interesting Match Tomorrow

Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:46 am

good read mate i will chuck a fiver on that

Fri Aug 26, 2011 4:04 pm

Cheers Gary I may stick a cheeky deep sea diver on that myself :ayatollah:

Fri Aug 26, 2011 4:05 pm

Interestin stuff mate

Fri Aug 26, 2011 4:21 pm

castleblue wrote:which will see the two teams at opposite ends of the Championship club discipline league set to meet each other at Fratton Park.

Portsmouth currently sit at the top of the club disciplinary league having committed 65 fouls and having had 13 yellow cards, Cardiff City are currently bottom of the league having committed only 21 and having 6 yellow cards thanks mainly to the 4 cards given by referee Mr Bates last week.

The match referee tomorrow is Andy Woolmer which shouldn't be seen as bad news for Bluebird fans as we have never lost a game where he has been the referee, 5 wins 2 draws. However Mr Woolmer has quite a record when it comes to dishing out cards and in 2 of the last 4 seasons he has handed out over 100 yellow cards in a season, 129 being his record.

So far this season Mr Woolmer is on target to hit the 100 mark again, he awarded 6 in the Tranmere / Sheff Utd match last week. So for those who like a gamble what are the odds in having more than 5 yellow cards in this game and given Portsmouth approach to the game this season what odds on a red card being shown.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Interesting in another way. that Portsmouth side, on paper looks very strong, with good players on the bench too. Given we've not been firing on all cylinders it will be a massive test.

I'd pretty much written off Pompey's hopes of challenging, but seeing who they can put out I'm not so sure now. In fact I'd expect it to be a tougher task than Burnley. Wilt be a good pointer to whether we have what it takes to challenge this year or not.

Fri Aug 26, 2011 4:33 pm

carlccfc wrote:Cheers Gary I may stick a cheeky deep sea diver on that myself :ayatollah:

On Tuesday evening I told my grandson we would win the game because we had never lost a match where James Linington was the referee. When they scored with a minute to go he turned to me and said "Do you still think we will win" and I said "It only takes a second to score a goal".

After the game he said you were right , good referee that wish we could have him every week. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Now with the help of Mr Woolmer tomorrow who knows. ;) ;) ;) ;)