Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Cardiff Bay

Thu Aug 25, 2011 7:57 pm

Taking the family there tomorrow...any recommendations as to good places to eat? :D

Re: Cardiff Bay

Thu Aug 25, 2011 8:21 pm

Nandos or cosmos if you can get in pal!

Thu Aug 25, 2011 8:26 pm

KP1964 wrote:Taking the family there tomorrow...any recommendations as to good places to eat? :D

How old are your family mate? Young kids or all adults?

Thu Aug 25, 2011 8:27 pm

Also there a couple of good ones in the cinema complex, the Chinese buffet quite good. :old:

Thu Aug 25, 2011 8:36 pm

Howey1927 wrote:
KP1964 wrote:Taking the family there tomorrow...any recommendations as to good places to eat? :D

Kids are 11 and 7

Thu Aug 25, 2011 8:44 pm

There is an american style diner, not eaten there myself but prob more suited to children than a chinese. If your kids like chinese then cosmos is decent and cheap although it gets busy especially on a fri and you could have a long wait.

Thu Aug 25, 2011 8:47 pm

Spice Root.

Thu Aug 25, 2011 8:51 pm

Nandos and if you got a bit of money

Bayside Brassieri
Bellinies

:ayatollah:

Thu Aug 25, 2011 8:53 pm

Cosmo's is the best value for money, the kids would love it. Evening menu is the best

Thu Aug 25, 2011 8:59 pm

KP1964 wrote:
Howey1927 wrote:

Kids are 11 and 7

Pizza Express is always good down there and my kids always loved it. There's GBK or the American Diner for burger and chips. Harry Ramsdens.

Basically there's everything you could want really.

Have a great day out. The weather is looking good for you too.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:00 pm

Hallett wrote:There is an american style diner, not eaten there myself but prob more suited to children than a chinese. If your kids like chinese then cosmos is decent and cheap although it gets busy especially on a fri and you could have a long wait.

Oh I like that diner. Its a 1950's style I believe! With Elvis and Marlyn Manroe. (spelling)

Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:04 pm

Signor Valentino, or Eddie's Diner.

Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:06 pm

Bridgend_bluebird wrote:
Hallett wrote:There is an american style diner, not eaten there myself but prob more suited to children than a chinese. If your kids like chinese then cosmos is decent and cheap although it gets busy especially on a fri and you could have a long wait.

Oh I like that diner. Its a 1950's style I believe! With Elvis and Marlyn Manroe. (spelling)

Yeah and a cadillac i think. I'll have to give it a go over the weekend

Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:07 pm

Hallett wrote:
Bridgend_bluebird wrote:

Yeah and a cadillac i think. I'll have to give it a go over the weekend

Yea thats a nice diner, if I remember it wasnt cheap. The prices have prolly gone up since the last time I been there which was...6-9months. :?

Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:08 pm

Robbiwee wrote:Signor Valentino, or Eddie's Diner.

Valentinos is good one of my favourite restaurants down the bay, not really a place for kids though

Thu Aug 25, 2011 11:08 pm

American diner is poor and expensive for what you get. I you want burgers the gourmet burger is good. If you all
Like Chinese cosmos is the obvious, buffet and good food and cheap considering.

Nandos is nandos, good, slightly expensive for what you get but nice.

Also a nice Italian just a bit down from from the American diner but maybe not for
Kids as it's a bit fussy for kids maybe.

Fri Aug 26, 2011 3:17 pm

2blue2handle wrote:American diner is poor and expensive for what you get. I you want burgers the gourmet burger is good. If you all
Like Chinese cosmos is the obvious, buffet and good food and cheap considering.

Nandos is nandos, good, slightly expensive for what you get but nice.

Also a nice Italian just a bit down from from the American diner but maybe not for
Kids as it's a bit fussy for kids maybe.

Is Cosmos the on in the Red Dragon Centre or what ever it's called? The all you can eat one.

Fri Aug 26, 2011 6:15 pm

No thats a different one. Cosmos is by the car park.

Fri Aug 26, 2011 6:16 pm

2blue2handle wrote:No thats a different one. Cosmos is by the car park.

So its not opposite the bowling alley near where the Doctor Who exhibition used to be?