Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

BOB HOPLEYS FUNERAL ARRANGEMENTS

Thu Aug 25, 2011 7:27 pm

I have been asked by brian hopley to put the arrangements on the message boards for all the people who where wanting to be present. The service will be held at St Gabriels church in Old Cwmbran at 11.10 am on Friday 2nd September, then followed by Croesyceilog Crematorium at 12.00 (midday). Brian and family have asked if there will be no wearing of black ties just casual dress or cardiff city shirts. Thank you. RIP BOB.

Re: BOB HOPLEYS FUNERAL ARRANGEMENTS

Thu Aug 25, 2011 8:52 pm

Thats nice mate :ayatollah:

Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:03 am

thank u.nice touch re shirts.rip hoppy.never forgotten :ayatollah:

Fri Aug 26, 2011 10:59 am

i used to travel to away games with a Hoppy from Cwmbran in the late 70's early 80's but have not seen him for years so not sure if this is the same one. Can someone confirm these details are the person mentioned

Either him or his brother was chairman of the official supporters club back then
We travelled with another guy from Cwmbran who we called Geordie
Either him or his brother worked at a big filter factory in Cwmbran

Would be grateful for and confirmation of the above.

Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:44 am

yes thats rob will be sadly missed indeed bluebird forever

Fri Aug 26, 2011 1:15 pm

bissmit wrote:i used to travel to away games with a Hoppy from Cwmbran in the late 70's early 80's but have not seen him for years so not sure if this is the same one. Can someone confirm these details are the person mentioned

Either him or his brother was chairman of the official supporters club back then
We travelled with another guy from Cwmbran who we called Geordie
Either him or his brother worked at a big filter factory in Cwmbran

Would be grateful for and confirmation of the above.

Both brothers have been going down the city for over 30 years, bob was the younger one, (approx 56) brian, (the older brother) used to work in saunders valves, hope this helps but you do have the right brother!!!!

Fri Aug 26, 2011 1:33 pm

cityone wrote:I have been asked by brian hopley to put the arrangements on the message boards for all the people who where wanting to be present. The service will be held at St Gabriels church in Old Cwmbran at 11.10 am on Friday 2nd September, then followed by Croesyceilog Crematorium at 12.00 (midday). Brian and family have asked if there will be no wearing of black ties just casual dress or cardiff city shirts. Thank you. RIP BOB.

Paul, gutted that I cannot attend. I don't return from China until the Saturday :(

Condolences to the family.

R.I.P.

Fri Aug 26, 2011 3:55 pm

try this to help you have the right brother http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100002055793753