Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

GCSE`s Are SHIT !

Thu Aug 25, 2011 4:32 pm

Im in year 10 and done half of them this year. so i got to my school and they tell me about a points scheme were i get points for doing exams and at the end i get a grand total. So the school only cashed in my Business studies one and gave me a sheet of paper with half done modual points on there. Anyone else experiance this problem ? And i got a C in business :lol:

Re: GCSE`s Are SHIT !

Thu Aug 25, 2011 4:34 pm

well i'm in year 10 (going into yr 11) and i done half of mine, and i heard something about UCAS points i dont know if theyre the same thing as you're on about? :ayatollah:

Thu Aug 25, 2011 6:19 pm

No, they're not the same. I think the points he's referring to is the actual overall amount of points you have which is turned into a grade.

UCAS points are higher level education orientated but can include GCSEs. If you go onto to do A levels, or go to college and do another course, they will have representable points (UCAS points) which Universities use for applicants.

Thu Aug 25, 2011 8:44 pm

Frantic wrote:No, they're not the same. I think the points he's referring to is the actual overall amount of points you have which is turned into a grade.UCAS points are higher level education orientated but can include GCSEs. If you go onto to do A levels, or go to college and do another course, they will have representable points (UCAS points) which Universities use for applicants.

Thats right :ayatollah: