Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Rudy Gestede

Thu Aug 25, 2011 2:49 pm

Having watched the 18 minutes of highlights on CCW I believe he is worth persevering with. Strong, mobile, pacy with a good touch and created no end of chances for himself and Miller looked a different player. Lacked composure with his final shot on target otherwise would have had a hat full but this will come with more experience. But the build up play and the way he linked up was very impressive.

Re: Rudy Gestede

Thu Aug 25, 2011 2:56 pm

Agreed mate,bags of potential and a fans fav

Thu Aug 25, 2011 4:07 pm

Taffs Well Blue wrote:Having watched the 18 minutes of highlights on CCW I believe he is worth persevering with. Strong, mobile, pacy with a good touch and created no end of chances for himself and Miller looked a different player. Lacked composure with his final shot on target otherwise would have had a hat full but this will come with more experience. But the build up play and the way he linked up was very impressive.

a mate in work said he was brilliant against Huddersfield. wonder if he get run in the side?

Thu Aug 25, 2011 5:50 pm

bluebirds23 wrote:
Taffs Well Blue wrote:Having watched the 18 minutes of highlights on CCW I believe he is worth persevering with. Strong, mobile, pacy with a good touch and created no end of chances for himself and Miller looked a different player. Lacked composure with his final shot on target otherwise would have had a hat full but this will come with more experience. But the build up play and the way he linked up was very impressive.

a mate in work said he was brilliant against Huddersfield. wonder if he get run in the side?

far from brilliant ,to me he was poor,hes got a good touch but his finishing was poor

Thu Aug 25, 2011 5:56 pm

cant please every one ,never mind ,personally i prefer a total trier over a lazy big headed tart every time, and he stays on his feet , and when fouled/taken out gets straight back up :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: havnt seen him moan to the ref either

Thu Aug 25, 2011 5:59 pm

troobloo3339 wrote:cant please every one ,never mind ,personally i prefer a total trier over a lazy big headed tart every time, and he stays on his feet , and when fouled/taken out gets straight back up :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: havnt seen him moan to the ref either

Would prefer to see the ball in the net mind.

In fairness he has pace, a decent leap and a good touch. Looked a decent PROSPECT. Needs to read the game better and perhaps be a bit more greedy. Oh and FFS get your head over the ball when you are shooting.

But he's a kid, making only his 2nd or 3rd start and is definately worth a few more runs.

Would I start with him Sat ? Probably not, but would look to give him a decent run if the dynamic dwarfs aren't making it happen.

Thu Aug 25, 2011 6:06 pm

Lawnmower wrote:
troobloo3339 wrote:cant please every one ,never mind ,personally i prefer a total trier over a lazy big headed tart every time, and he stays on his feet , and when fouled/taken out gets straight back up :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: havnt seen him moan to the ref either

In fairness he has pace, a decent leap and a good touch. Looked a decent PROSPECT. Needs to read the game better and perhaps be a bit more greedy. Oh and FFS get your head over the ball when you are shooting.

But he's a kid, making only his 2nd or 3rd start and is definately worth a few more runs.

Would I start with him Sat ? Probably not, but would look to give him a decent run if the dynamic dwarfs aren't making it happen.

maybe play all three up front, earnie and gestede with miller behind them but then that leaves lack of midfield protection ............. who be manager hey ha

Thu Aug 25, 2011 6:11 pm

hes definatly whats called plan b at present ,like i said cant please every one ,last season dj was criticised for having no plan b ,now we got one and some still arent happy ffs , mm bringing a different style of play TEAM ethic etc with more options to inter change how we play ,so much more potential/ youth/raw talent, we all need to get with it :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Aug 25, 2011 6:19 pm

bluebirds23 wrote:
Lawnmower wrote:

maybe play all three up front, earnie and gestede with miller behind them but then that leaves lack of midfield protection ............. who be manager hey ha

I'd keep 4 in mid/ Nice balance with Cowie, Conway, Whitts and Gunnarrson. Will be interested to see how Kiss develops as well.

Thu Aug 25, 2011 7:01 pm

Lawnmower wrote:

I would say he reads the game very well considering the amount of space he found in the box and chances he had just lacked that little bit of composure

Thu Aug 25, 2011 7:06 pm

thought his game play was very good, he got to loose balls first that he had no right to win, strong, good control, pace...

remeber he is still young, just needs to composure in front of goal, thats all he needs to work on..

never under any challenge did he hit the floor..

:ayatollah:

Thu Aug 25, 2011 7:19 pm

Taffs Well Blue wrote:
Lawnmower wrote:

I would say he reads the game very well considering the amount of space he found in the box and chances he had just lacked that little bit of composure

Alternatively his pace and mobility got him into good positions only for poor decision making to let him down. A few times he shold have shot and passed -poorly timed passes as well, and a couple of times he tried to blast it when a simple side foot would have done.

He'll improve though a she's got the raw materials (pace height skill) reminds me a little of Cameron Jerome in his rawness. Jerome looked lost, but still hurt the opposition and has turned out to be the best of all our recent strikers at the top level.

Thu Aug 25, 2011 7:28 pm

He'll be a good 'un in a couple of years, if not sooner. ;)

Thu Aug 25, 2011 8:59 pm

caerblue wrote:
bluebirds23 wrote:

far from brilliant ,to me he was poor,hes got a good touch but his finishing was poor

Is he a possible winger?? seems pacey enough???

Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:08 pm

Whilst that was not Gestede best performance on Tuesday night, he did hold the ball up well, and made some excellent runs, but his shooting was awful. But that will come along, with more games to come.

I can take alot of positives from that game as well, it was good to see Conway and Cowie putting in a good shift for the team, as well as seeing some youngsters coming through. I was very impressed with Joe Ralls, reminded me of Ramsey to an extent, always making himself available, and making some excellent runs.

I'd also say Lee Naylor had a good game as well, it seems his confidence is returning, and is not losing his man. The only issue with Naylor at one point of the game was his tracking back, every time he goes forward, he tends to be slow getting back in position. But when he goes forward he does create chances for the team.

But I got to admit, the centre backs were disappointing to watch, but it can be understandable, considering they havent played many games in pre-season and league games.

Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:54 pm

I do wish we had another target man just to take the pressure off the lad. He is useful, is he good enough at this moment unsure so far. If we had him last season as understudy to Jay it would have been ideal.

Thu Aug 25, 2011 11:03 pm

did well against West Ham, good assist, but since then hasn't seemed to shine as much, but i'm sure Malky can get the best out of him eventually.

Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:01 am

I never knew gestede could do a flip 1min 51 take a look http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XAnjjIS-yS8
:ayatollah:

Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:38 am

2blue2handle wrote:I do wish we had another target man just to take the pressure off the lad. He is useful, is he good enough at this moment unsure so far. If we had him last season as understudy to Jay it would have been ideal.

Have we sold Parkin then Luke? :roll:

Fri Aug 26, 2011 10:15 am

McNaughtyButNice wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:I do wish we had another target man just to take the pressure off the lad. He is useful, is he good enough at this moment unsure so far. If we had him last season as understudy to Jay it would have been ideal.

Have we sold Parkin then Luke? :roll:

I wish :lol:
He simply isn't good enough, he doesn't enter my thoughts as good enough to start a championship game.

Fri Aug 26, 2011 10:26 am

And you're right!

Fri Aug 26, 2011 10:55 am

The other good thing about Rudy was that Conway also had his best game, he came with a reputation as a good crosser of the ball and we benefited the other night with 3 goals from his crosses and whilst he didn't get one there was plenty of flick ons from him

Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:19 pm

Rudy has bags of pontential, he is 'ok' for his age but he's still learning. I would prefer the Beast think he knows the game well...Give Rudy 2 or 3 years he could be a key player for us! :ayatollah:

Fri Aug 26, 2011 10:08 pm

hope he doesnt become one of our famous talented but non-scoring strikers!

Sat Aug 27, 2011 10:46 am

Rudy needs to work on his finishing as that is definatley the weakest part of his game. The rest is top notch and he does have a touch of Jay Bothroyd (without the falling over) about him.

I would also add he is the most curtious player I have so far seen at CCS, always acknowledging the fans, signing autographes pitch side and amazingly the only player who claps another player off (fan like) as they are being subsituted.

He seems a real Gent and I really hope he makes it with us.

Sat Aug 27, 2011 12:20 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:Rudy needs to work on his finishing as that is definatley the weakest part of his game. The rest is top notch and he does have a touch of Jay Bothroyd (without the falling over) about him.

I would also add he is the most curtious player I have so far seen at CCS, always acknowledging the fans, signing autographes pitch side and amazingly the only player who claps another player off (fan like) as they are being subsituted.

Would love to know his ritual when coming on and what it is all about. Looks like he has some kind of faith following.

Sat Aug 27, 2011 1:21 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:
Tony Blue Williams wrote:Rudy needs to work on his finishing as that is definatley the weakest part of his game. The rest is top notch and he does have a touch of Jay Bothroyd (without the falling over) about him.

Would love to know his ritual when coming on and what it is all about. Looks like he has some kind of faith following.

Thought he was adjusting his man boobs at Upton Park :lol:

Sat Aug 27, 2011 1:24 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:

Thought he was adjusting his man boobs at Upton Park :lol:

Sat Aug 27, 2011 1:26 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:

Id say it was a quick Islamic prayer

Sat Aug 27, 2011 8:11 pm

this message is for Rudy Gestede :)))))))))))))))) <3