Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

sorry but i had to post this!!

Thu Aug 25, 2011 2:47 pm

Spoke to contacts again today and managed to get more info on bellamy. The club have been consistently pestering craig asking what he wants needs etc but when all is said and done at the moment they aint willing to pay anything near an amount that craigs agent can work with to structure a move here. Craig has it narrowed down to two clubs spurs and liverpool and has chosen liverpool which when man city stop dragging their heels will be concluded. For some reason man city are delaying dies that mean they have been re-approached by someone i dunno i prob clutching at straws. Anyhow its a fact craig was paid nowhere near 30k a week by us last season and hence why we are nowhere near the offer needed. Craig lost a sponsorship feal with nike worth 10k for the boots he wears last yr cos he wasnt playing prem football amongst other deals. Its simply really we dont have the money!! unless our owners want to silly craig will play elsewhere likely to be liverpool

Re: sorry but i had to post this!!

Thu Aug 25, 2011 2:50 pm

Sorry for spelling and grammar on phone in work and its shit. For got to add nike have said the will reopen negotiations with craig should he return to the highest level

Thu Aug 25, 2011 2:51 pm

Really gutted!

Thanks for the info
:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Aug 25, 2011 2:53 pm

i wouldent say your contacts have informed you, you havent mentioned anything that was not in the papers the last few days, but anyhow when craig said he wants to come back here, he dident no the suitation we are now building a squad from scratch, where as last year we were at the tipping point of geeting into the prem, that is why bellamy thought he cold help us he has 2-3 year left playing why waste it building a squad for the fututre. go and injoy your last days in the best league in the world you deserve it! who would pick cardiff over liverpool i would find it hard not to and im a cardiff fan!

Thu Aug 25, 2011 3:04 pm

carpet20 wrote:i wouldent say your contacts have informed you, you havent mentioned anything that was not in the papers the last few days, but anyhow when craig said he wants to come back here, he dident no the suitation we are now building a squad from scratch, where as last year we were at the tipping point of geeting into the prem, that is why bellamy thought he cold help us he has 2-3 year left playing why waste it building a squad for the fututre. go and injoy your last days in the best league in the world you deserve it! who would pick cardiff over liverpool i would find it hard not to and im a cardiff fan!

If both clubs were offering the same amount of money, I'd choose Cardiff, imagine the feeling! But I think its about money for bellers not the stature of the 2 clubs and you can't blame him!

Thu Aug 25, 2011 3:09 pm

I forgot carpet that the papers knew we paid bellamy less than 22k a week last yr. Im sure they know bout his nike boots deal to, like i said i didnt wanna post info cos its another bellamy thread but i know his cousin very well and the above was what im told infacy he told me the malaysians are still incontact now and want craig but wont pay the money simple really if you dont like it dont read it

Thu Aug 25, 2011 3:11 pm

Thanks for the latest info from your former employee ( Bellamy's cousin, you know ) but given previous updates from him have been xsomewhat contradictory, I'll just settle for waiting and seeing what happens.

Thu Aug 25, 2011 3:13 pm

tonnehead wrote:I forgot carpet that the papers knew we paid bellamy less than 22k a week last yr. Im sure they know bout his nike boots deal to, like i said i didnt wanna post info cos its another bellamy thread but i know his cousin very well and the above was what im told infacy he told me the malaysians are still incontact now and want craig but wont pay the money simple really if you dont like it dont read it

Good man Deano, you tell him! :ayatollah:

Thu Aug 25, 2011 3:15 pm

tonnehead wrote:Spoke to contacts again today and managed to get more info on bellamy. The club have been consistently pestering craig asking what he wants needs etc but when all is said and done at the moment they aint willing to pay anything near an amount that craigs agent can work with to structure a move here. Craig has it narrowed down to two clubs spurs and liverpool and has chosen liverpool which when man city stop dragging their heels will be concluded. For some reason man city are delaying dies that mean they have been re-approached by someone i dunno i prob clutching at straws. Anyhow its a fact craig was paid nowhere near 30k a week by us last season and hence why we are nowhere near the offer needed. Craig lost a sponsorship feal with nike worth 10k for the boots he wears last yr cos he wasnt playing prem football amongst other deals. Its simply really we dont have the money!! unless our owners want to silly craig will play elsewhere likely to be liverpool

Cheers tonnehead :ayatollah: i always take on board your info,as its similar to what i am told.

Was told this morning that Tottenham were trying to hijack this Free transfer Liverpool want,and a 2 year deal.
Did not know about the boot deal,do nike think that sky only show premier league games :roll:

Thu Aug 25, 2011 3:20 pm

Sorry nerd but its what hes telling me,different stories every week but you will find that his cousin mr watkins used to work for me at national tyres and does speak to craig regularly if hes getting contradicting info off him thats what ill post cos thats all the info ill ever get. Todays post has a little facts and figures which i havent had before so maybe carl or someone can verify them at later date maybe tonight?

Thu Aug 25, 2011 3:21 pm

TopCat CCFC wrote:
tonnehead wrote:Spoke to contacts again today and managed to get more info on bellamy. The club have been consistently pestering craig asking what he wants needs etc but when all is said and done at the moment they aint willing to pay anything near an amount that craigs agent can work with to structure a move here. Craig has it narrowed down to two clubs spurs and liverpool and has chosen liverpool which when man city stop dragging their heels will be concluded. For some reason man city are delaying dies that mean they have been re-approached by someone i dunno i prob clutching at straws. Anyhow its a fact craig was paid nowhere near 30k a week by us last season and hence why we are nowhere near the offer needed. Craig lost a sponsorship feal with nike worth 10k for the boots he wears last yr cos he wasnt playing prem football amongst other deals. Its simply really we dont have the money!! unless our owners want to silly craig will play elsewhere likely to be liverpool

Cheers tonnehead :ayatollah: i always take on board your info,as its similar to what i am told.

Was told this morning that Tottenham were trying to hijack this Free transfer Liverpool want,and a 2 year deal.
Did not know about the boot deal,do nike think that sky only show premier league games :roll:

I aint got no sources,only a friend who's liverpool supporter who uses their messageboards.He thinks he'll only be ngog's replacement if he goes to bolton or another team,cany see bellamy wanting that at all

Thu Aug 25, 2011 3:25 pm

Cheers topcat i think boot deal is cos of his exposure level at premier league around the world thats what im guessing

Thu Aug 25, 2011 3:26 pm

Cheers topcat i think boot deal is cos of his exposure level at premier league around the world thats what im guessing

Thu Aug 25, 2011 4:05 pm

Here comes another twist http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/pre ... lock-over-

Thu Aug 25, 2011 4:17 pm

TopCat CCFC wrote:Here comes another twist http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/pre ... lock-over-

heard russian side mite go for him

Thu Aug 25, 2011 4:51 pm

TopCat CCFC wrote:Here comes another twist http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/pre ... lock-over-

In fairness he has to go with the money,manc were happy to offer him the contract so let him see it out.Got a feeling he'll have his own way ;)

Thu Aug 25, 2011 5:01 pm

If he does go else where I for one will be gutted.Last season he showed everybody he has it all a real determination to win ,passion and a real team player that players and fans respected.

He said he only wanted to play for Man city or us but if the deal is not right for Craig than as much as I am disappointed you cant blame him for that.

He is after all a Liverpool fan and speaking to a few Liverpool fans they don't want him at there club which makes me even more disappointed.

If it doesn't work out for us then we all need to move on and quick but what a shame he would have fitted in to this new team better than the team of last season I think.

Onwards and upwards either with or without Craig :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Aug 25, 2011 7:41 pm

even if he is allowed to leave on a free, there is not many clubs that will pay him 90k a week at 32..

why dont he just wind down in his career... he is a class player, but he is never going to play 40 games in a season.. he went to liverpool in 2006/7 , in his prime and struggled...

Thu Aug 25, 2011 8:11 pm

Looks like the new Carl, watch your back :ayatollah: