Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

A little concerned

Thu Aug 25, 2011 2:03 pm

Im seing all our rivals, Ipswich especially today, aswell as West Ham, Leicester, Birmingham, Brighton, Forest, Reading etc, all strenghtening there squads, with a mixture of quality free's and transfers

But Cardiff seem to be a little static from the outside, i know the club have tried to cut all the leaks, but we have 3 working days till deadline day, with 4 players+ needed

I dearly hope, that the board back Malky with even a small transfer budget as we saw first hand last season, the major drawback with loans!

I do believe the club is working on deals, i just dont think theyre going to be top premiership quality players, i fear that they are just looking for bench fillers on the cheap

Re: A little concerned

Thu Aug 25, 2011 2:05 pm

Chief Chill. Malky knows what he is doing :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Aug 25, 2011 2:13 pm

stjohnsafc wrote:I do believe the club is working on deals, i just dont think theyre going to be top premiership quality players, i fear that they are just looking for bench fillers on the cheap

If they were top Premiership quality players, funnily enough, they'd be playing for top Premiership quality players.

If we're working to a tight budget then fantastic. The financial stability of the club long term is far more important than the Ridsdale approach some fans seem to want of splashing the cash... money the club doesn't have.

Thu Aug 25, 2011 2:14 pm

i dont think we'll see the same loans as DJ brought in.

any loan players we bring in will be young, hungry players not players who are well just shite CB excluded.

Thu Aug 25, 2011 2:16 pm

Thats the problem the line "they wont be top quality prem players" just shows that fans think we are a bigger team that we are we are not a top prem team and i feel thats why people leave when we go 1-0 down they think we should batter teams like doncaster and rralistically we are not we are not even auto promotion contenders imo we beed player but if people think we are going to sign some top players need to really look and realise we are a big club but not that big no matter how much we all wish it was true

Thu Aug 25, 2011 3:54 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:Chief Chill. Malky knows what he is doing :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thus far MM has proven himself....I agree here with Nuclearblue.

But why can't we strengthen the team with free's and still save money. We all know Cardiff needs 3-4 bodies. I do fear that the club has put all it's eggs in the Bellamy basket, and now are scrambling for other options.

Thu Aug 25, 2011 4:08 pm

3 working days?? We have 6 days til close of the window

Thu Aug 25, 2011 4:46 pm

Dont be, this is a part of football at this level. Give Malkay time but the deals have to be right for the club.

Ipswich just picked up an injury prone big time charlie who was on 45k a week at Hull who turns up pissed to training and orders prostitutes to his hotel room on pre season tours which are supposed to help gain fitness. He and Chopra will get on like a house on fire. They lost 7-1 on saturday to a team most are predicting to go straight down.

Reading and Nottm Forest fans are probably more concerned right now with their lack of transfer activity. I am another site where Reading fans are not optimistic this season and were gutted it took them so long to sell Long as it meant they lost out on the majority of their transfer targets.

Birmingham could be deducted ten points soon as administration is a real possibility.

We just put an under strength team out against a team in a lower division that went over 20 games unbeaten last season and we won. If you were a Huddersfield fan you probably would have fancied your chances on Tuesday.

Things are not as bad as they seem, we'll be all right this year and will get better next year. Boo yah

Thu Aug 25, 2011 5:52 pm

well said steve van, most sense on here for ages ,why cant people be patient and let mm get on with it, anything above tenth this year will be a fantastic season, after having to re build totally ,im going to enjoy this season home and away win lose or draw ,becouse i am convinced we are in good hands ,and we will keep in proving with a TEAM ethic that we havnt had for years , sit back and enjoy :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: