Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Plymouth close to the brink !

Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:46 am

Why can the authorities once and for all ban Ridsdale from football ?? :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

http://www.thisisplymouth.co.uk/Candle- ... story.html

Re: Plymouth close to the brink !

Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:48 am

sad news,

wouldnt wish this on any football club...

Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:01 am

Vintage 63 wrote:Why can the authorities once and for all ban Ridsdale from football ?? :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

4 clubs that he has fucked up. Guarantee that if Plymouth go through then he will appear somewhere else with some American investors.....My guess would be Birmingham.

Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:06 am

Gareth (Wilts) wrote:
Vintage 63 wrote:Why can the authorities once and for all ban Ridsdale from football ?? :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

4 clubs that he has fucked up. Guarantee that if Plymouth go through then he will appear somewhere else with some American investors.....My guess would be Birmingham.

brum, wouldnt be too gutted if he ruined them mind!! horrible bunch...

Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:06 am

So basically Ridsdale has found a Plymouth version of PMG who are going to buy up land surrounding Home Park and develop it into a Retail Park; and as a reward for asset stripping Ridsdale will be given PAFC?

That sounds like a nightmare scenario and god knows what damage Ridsdale would do to that club if he got the Ownership. I can see it now, private helicopter rides, fact finding holiday's to the USA and shagging half the female staff on the promise of promotion.

Where is the Football League in all of this? Surely that man would NEVER pass a fit and proper person test as he is still facing fraud charges due to the Golden Ticket Scam and his behaviour in the liquidation of WH Sports which is still under investigation.

Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:11 am

Playing Devil's advocate though, Plymouth were utterly fucked before Ridsdale arrived.

Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:44 am

i really dont understand why clubs dont check out people who want to invest or own or find new owners out its just stupid yes they needed someone bad but surely they need to check first and think of the long term not short

Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:51 am

You've got to feel sorry for them. If you saw the programme 'How To Buy A Football Club' you'd realise how much of this is going on. Ridsdale is obviously part of it, building up a club's rep (without paying any debts), letting it's market value drop and then selling the majority shareholding to a (probably) pre-arranged foreign bidder.

Nice little earner, as they say - wonder where it has left us :?: :old:

Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:54 am

For all the £millions Sam spent and CCFC still owe him then I do wonder why considering that Jones sold over £20million odd in players that we still owe Langston an incredible amount of money ....... where did it ALL go to ??? Ridsdale , PMG and the Missing Millions would make the title of a good book :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thu Aug 25, 2011 11:11 am

Vintage 63 wrote:For all the £millions Sam spent and CCFC still owe him then I do wonder why considering that Jones sold over £20million odd in players that we still owe Langston an incredible amount of money ....... where did it ALL go to ??? Ridsdale , PMG and the Missing Millions would make the title of a good book :lol: :lol: :lol:

Presumably found in the Non Fiction section (or maybe Farces!) :lol:

Thu Aug 25, 2011 11:16 am

I was thinking more like in the Crime section :lol:

Thu Aug 25, 2011 11:54 am

nerd wrote:Playing Devil's advocate though, Plymouth were utterly fucked before Ridsdale arrived.

And you wouldn't be wrong Nerd.

However, you have to wonder why leach like Ridsdale has to be involved. Plymouth obviously have a land asset which they can liquidate to pay off their debts, so why is it necessary for Ridsdale to be given the Football Club to achieve this?

We know from our own experiences he isn't in it for the benefit of PAFC he is in it for the benefit of Peter Ridsdale so if I were a PAFC fan I would be very worried.

Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:04 pm

If they survive then we all know who PAFC's catering and bar contractors will be :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thu Aug 25, 2011 1:33 pm

Got to agree with Nerd they was fucked before he got there. He cant be blamed for that. But what is he taking out of the Club at the moment ?

Thu Aug 25, 2011 1:49 pm

Very sad indeed but the People of Plymouth should be packing out Home Park and trying to get revenue. But that could so easy of been us, or in the Future. Football has gone crazy with Prices, wages, ETC and pricing the ordinary fan out of watching live games and putting them in front of the Television screen instead.
The Jacks saying an away season ticket costs £900 :o :shock: and that doesn't include travel costs, food, Beer ETC its pathetic. You hear of ETO on £350.000 a week :o that is what is killing football. Average Players on £90.000 a week. Charging up to £75 to watch a Premiere game :o :evil: . The greed is killing of the average football fan. And by that i mean those that want to attend games not those that are happy in front of there TVs. And Clubs like Plymouth will fold and more to come. But if the Premiere League is that expensive then give me the lower Leagues. I would rather pay a reasonable amount to watch my team than pay stupid money to watch a game of football.

Thu Aug 25, 2011 1:59 pm

Plymouth's best player, Zubar, has quit the club requesting his contract be cancelled due to broken promises by Peter Ridsdale. This is from my mate in Plymouth, reckons the club could be gone by weekend

Thu Aug 25, 2011 2:04 pm

He wont be involved soon, when he is jail for his Golden Ticket Scam. :D :D

Thu Aug 25, 2011 2:08 pm

MalagaCF wrote:

He wont be involved soon, when he is jail for his Golden Ticket Scam. :D :D

He can join the other Looters in Jail then :lol: