Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Cheap meat in Cardiff

Thu Aug 25, 2011 6:19 am

Fellow Ely boy - If you are looking for quality it has to be Costco

IF you are looking for bulk cheap average try VFM in Barry

Thu Aug 25, 2011 6:54 am

You used to be able to get cheap meat at the Wynford!

Thu Aug 25, 2011 7:06 am

The Wynford was cheap meat but the qulaity was always a bit tough

Thu Aug 25, 2011 7:07 am

Mr Moo Cow wrote:The Wynford was cheap meat but the qulaity was always a bit tough
bit tough!!!! it was past its sell by date..............................by 60 years :lol: :lol:

Thu Aug 25, 2011 7:08 am

Speaking from Experience Baz ? :lol:

You went on the best nights then :lol:

Thu Aug 25, 2011 7:10 am

obviously :oops:

Thu Aug 25, 2011 8:22 am

ELYBOY,

My dad has a butchers shop in Fairwater.

I also weight train, so have a big order form him every month.

His prices are very good,and quality is high - I'm sure he would be able to sort you out.

If you let me know what you're after, I could ask him to give you a rough price?

Thu Aug 25, 2011 8:47 am

Ha ha this brings back memories when I used to do the weights many years ago. Lots and lots of Chocken Tuna Past ETC good times :ayatollah:

Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:13 am

Stopped after my Son was born 14 years ago my body couldn't cope any more. My rotor cuff in my right shoulder is fucked, I had to have surgery on my left shoulder to stop it partially dislocating all the time.
Not long ago I did go down the gym and I tried bench pressing what I used to warm up on and could of benched that all friggin day and I managed 4 reps . That was so disheartening Chief, but I will always love the sport :ayatollah:

Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:19 am

ten sirloins bloody hell thats a mortgage dont go to a little butcher mate for that volume try wholesaler ie makro

Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:35 am

ELY BOY wrote:
Nuclearblue wrote:Stopped after my Son was born 14 years ago my body couldn't cope any more. My rotor cuff in my right shoulder is fucked, I had to have surgery on my left shoulder to stop it partially dislocating all the time.
Not long ago I did go down the gym and I tried bench pressing what I used to warm up on and could of benched that all friggin day and I managed 4 reps . That was so disheartening Chief, but I will always love the sport :ayatollah:

My rotator cuffs play up alot too mate. Hard work! :twisted:

Deano you may be right about the steaks, I only really have them as a treat anyway haha.

I was given some advice from a bodybuilder on how to avoid that injury but I thought f**k that I will be all right. As I remember it was a simple exercise to warm or move that area that will help protect that area. But once that little ligament is stretched then that's it.
I used to feel it when I was on bicep curls mostly not on the-actual lift but was agony as I lowered the weight.

Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:51 am

I use Makro. Their fresh chicken breasts are 20.50 for 5 kg. Normally there is around 20 in there, so around 250g per breast. A full sirlon is around 40 quid which I cut up into 20 thick steaks. :ayatollah:

Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:52 am

I use Makro. Their fresh chicken breasts are 20.50 for 5 kg. Normally there is around 20 in there, so around 250g per breast. A full sirlon is around 40 quid which I cut up into 20 thick steaks. :ayatollah:

Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:52 am

Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:53 am

I use Makro. Their fresh chicken breasts are 20.50 for 5 kg. Normally there is around 20 in there, so around 250g per breast. A full sirlon is around 40/45 quid which I cut up into 20/25 thick steaks. :ayatollah:

Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:55 am

Sorry about the repeats. On my phone in work. :ayatollah:

Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:19 am

I've text my old man now for a price.

Can deliver free of charge if needed.

I'd be surprised if Makro/Costco matches my old man for quality and price. :ayatollah:

Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:37 am

i think you will find they are buying cheaper than a butcher mate in fairness

Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:01 pm

ELY BOY wrote:No I don't mean Walkabout on a Saturday night. :?

I eat alot of meat due to my weight training exploits and was wondering if anyone knew of any cheap meat suppliers around the Cardiff area. Looking to buy bulk for the month:-

Chicken breasts
Steaks
Fish and the like.

Safe! :ayatollah:

cant beat the chicken breast or mini fillets from farm foods 3 bags for a tenner no skin, fat or bones i bung mine in the steamer :ayatollah: fish there is ok to and king prawns :ayatollah:

Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:11 pm

jinks-rct wrote:
ELY BOY wrote:No I don't mean Walkabout on a Saturday night. :?

I eat alot of meat due to my weight training exploits and was wondering if anyone knew of any cheap meat suppliers around the Cardiff area. Looking to buy bulk for the month:-

Chicken breasts
Steaks
Fish and the like.

Safe! :ayatollah:

cant beat the chicken breast or mini fillets from farm foods 3 bags for a tenner no skin, fat or bones i bung mine in the steamer :ayatollah: fish there is ok to and king prawns :ayatollah:

Yeah i love my Chicken breast cooked in the steamer in some foil with a load of onion with it. f*cking lush :ayatollah: :ayatollah: