Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Standing in the Cardiff City stadium.

Thu Aug 25, 2011 6:01 am

Hi everyone I just wanted to clarify the standing arrangement for supporters in the CCS. It is my understanding that standing is only permitted in the Canton stand in the behind the goal so in isles 105 and 106.

On the Cardiff website it states this -
'When you come to purchase your season ticket for the 2011/12 season, make sure you specifically ask to be placed in the extended area in the singing section, Aisles 105 and 106.

We must also stress that the club will be implementing a zero tolerance policy concerning standing in all other areas of the Stadium. So, if you want to join in with the singing and become part of the new initiative whilst sharing the same matchday experience, consider opting to be part of our new extended singing area for 2011'

I sit in isle 104, a non standing area and on match days the stewards seem reluctant to ask the small number of fans standing (right in front of me.... there's only like 3 or 4) to sit down and around me there aren't any other fans standing. It was the stewards understanding at the last game that the entire Canton stand was standing (which according the City website is wrong) and other fans were getting annoyed with small number of fans standing as well which resulted in me missing the build up play and goals of the last two home games. I don't like standing during football matches and know it would spoil other fans match days if I started to do so. I have tried asking them to sit numerous times but my request normally lasts 5 minutes or get ignored but one or two of the standers.

Although I think its great on a match day for a section of fans to stand and sing along with the team I like to sit during games but I still sing all the songs and encourage the team as much as my voice allows.

Any suggestions?

Re: Standing in the Cardiff City stadium.

Thu Aug 25, 2011 7:55 am

FIGHT

Re: Standing in the Cardiff City stadium.

Thu Aug 25, 2011 8:00 am

Si-money wrote:Hi everyone I just wanted to clarify the standing arrangement for supporters in the CCS. It is my understanding that standing is only permitted in the Canton stand in the behind the goal so in isles 105 and 106.

On the Cardiff website it states this -
'When you come to purchase your season ticket for the 2011/12 season, make sure you specifically ask to be placed in the extended area in the singing section, Aisles 105 and 106.

We must also stress that the club will be implementing a zero tolerance policy concerning standing in all other areas of the Stadium. So, if you want to join in with the singing and become part of the new initiative whilst sharing the same matchday experience, consider opting to be part of our new extended singing area for 2011'

I sit in isle 104, a non standing area and on match days the stewards seem reluctant to ask the small number of fans standing (right in front of me.... there's only like 3 or 4) to sit down and around me there aren't any other fans standing. It was the stewards understanding at the last game that the entire Canton stand was standing (which according the City website is wrong) and other fans were getting annoyed with small number of fans standing as well which resulted in me missing the build up play and goals of the last two home games. I don't like standing during football matches and know it would spoil other fans match days if I started to do so. I have tried asking them to sit numerous times but my request normally lasts 5 minutes or get ignored but one or two of the standers.

Although I think its great on a match day for a section of fans to stand and sing along with the team I like to sit during games but I still sing all the songs and encourage the team as much as my voice allows.

Any suggestions?

MOVE.

But no seriously, if you want to sit the grandstand or the ninian sounds more like your cup of tea, I wish more of the CCS tolerated standing, and that sitting areas was the minority. People who stand in the CCS already get treated like vermin.