Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

last night's performance

Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:36 pm

After last nights thrilling win, i believe we are finally becoming the team that MOST fans want. All the players put 100% into the game. yes at times we were very exposed at the back and showed complacency after taking a 2-0 lead but to concede a goal on the 88th minute and score before the final whistle is a triumph in itself. I don't think many people can say that that would have happened under jones. Malky Mackay has got the players doing exactly what the fans want, and that's coming off that pitch with nothing left in the tank all in the cause of cardiff city football club. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: last night's performance

Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:47 pm

What was very pleasing is that it was in effect a reserve team that started last night, against a good Huddersfield team. Lots of other Champ/Prem teams have fielded under strength teams and come a cropper, it shows we have a good team spirit and a real desire to try and get into the first team. We've also got Kiss, Gunnarsson and McPhail to come back, as well as one or two new signings in the next few weeks.
I'm not saying we are going to challenge for auto promotion or anything, but if we don't I don't think it would be from any lack of effort.