Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

aldershot

Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:36 pm

have never won a league cup game since being reformed in 1992
they are now 2-1 up away to west ham 5 mins added time being played :shock:

Re: aldershot

Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:42 pm

Good for Aldershot, I was there at Ninian Park when they played their last game in the football league all those years ago. I felt gutted for them and it's great to see them bouncing back.

Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:44 pm

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:Good for Aldershot, I was there at Ninian Park when they played their last game in the football league all those years ago. I felt gutted for them and it's great to see them bouncing back.

I was at that game-very sad.

I'm slightly pissed off as Aldershot winning has just cost me a £100 in my accumulator....

Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:46 pm

i was there for the game as well. didn't they have the buses payed for by us or free entry into the game? i can remember some sort of gesture from the club to them.
they in the hat for the draw on saturday so we might get them

Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:47 pm

DEANO'S BARMY ARMY :D :ayatollah:

Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:48 pm

did we pay there players wages with the collection :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:50 pm

saddam wrote:i was there for the game as well. didn't they have the buses payed for by us or free entry into the game? i can remember some sort of gesture from the club to them.
they in the hat for the draw on saturday so we might get them

Away at the Recreation Ground would be good. Shitty ground but i have fond memories of it.

I remember the last game for Aldershot-the only time that CCFC fans have ever applauded and chanted for another team. The buckets were full that night too as CCFC fans dug deep.

The saddest part was at the end when the shots players went into the Grandstand and were with their diehard fans.

I was really chuffed to see them back in the league.

Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:54 pm

i was there very emotional for the players.
buckets coming round to pay the players and city gave them the ticket money. Aldershot players very stunned at the end of the game with a standing ovation.

Well done Aldershot.