Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

5-side-football: inside or outside

Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:07 pm

do you prefere to play outside on 3g astroturf in the elements.

or inside courts at a sport centre ?

Re: 5-side-football: inside or outside

Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:09 pm

outside every time. play down gol centre lovely pitches. same lot play on a sunday down at city's house of sport and they reckon it is a brilliant pitch, albeit indoors. And they will film for no extra charge

Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:05 pm

play indoors in the sports hall in ogmore comp really good :)

Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:10 pm

Indoors at Michael Sobell Sports Centre, Aberdare. They've recently upgraded the flooring in there, much nicer. :ayatollah:

Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:11 pm

i prefer outside. whenever i play on a wood floor i cant walk the next day coz of my dodgey knees.
anyone need players for outdoor teams i fancy playing reguraly but cant get the commitment from my mates.

Thu Aug 25, 2011 7:08 am

i prefer inside in the winter and outside in the summer

Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:03 pm

Futsal every time. Its a technical game and the goals are much better than uk five a side so you cant just get away with having a hard shot. you need to be able to play football and not just kick.

Thu Aug 25, 2011 4:43 pm

Prefer powerleagues type astroturf so i can wear my moulded studs :D :ayatollah:

Thu Aug 25, 2011 7:27 pm

I don't have a preference playing once a week at Powerleague (with studs) and once a week in Llanishen Leisure Centre. Someone mentioned looking for a team. We are looking for a keeper to play at Power League on a Tuesday night. Anyone interested?

Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:05 am

Bedwas Bluebird wrote:I don't have a preference playing once a week at Powerleague (with studs) and once a week in Llanishen Leisure Centre. Someone mentioned looking for a team. We are looking for a keeper to play at Power League on a Tuesday night. Anyone interested?

i used to be awesome in goals wen i was 15-16 but i know the main thing with 5 aside is u need a decent keeper duno if im up to scratch anymore

Fri Aug 26, 2011 10:18 am

play in in goals for in door and up front for another which is outdoor, oddly enough i'm better outfield out doors and in goals in doors,

in doors for the winter defo

Fri Aug 26, 2011 10:28 am

outside on a 3G pitch.............I get awfull shin splints if I play on a court :old: