Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

SPACE....HOW MUCH?

Wed Aug 24, 2011 7:20 pm

You've all had it when your mind wonders and you think about space and other possible planets with life etc.... Its just mad to think that space probably goes on for infinity, and if we can exist then there must be KATRILLIONS (made up my own number) of other life forms!!

A top astronomer said that for every grain of sand on earth, there was 1 million stars, there were more stars in the universe than grains of sand on every beach on earth! Just gives you an idea of how 'nothing' we are. If the universe does end....then how? Would you just hit the wall like the Jim Carey did when trying to sail away on the truman show, do you just go back to the other side like snake on the nokia?? Will other life forms look like Alan Tate? Frustrating and baffling not knowing but still a great discussion.

Re: SPACE....HOW MUCH?

Wed Aug 24, 2011 7:28 pm

the mind boogles when you start to think like this its crazy but i think is it true what we have been told about space because we dont know any better , just gets you thinking :ayatollah:

Wed Aug 24, 2011 7:39 pm

not sure who sait it but it is said that if you think about it to much and try to work it out you'll end up going mad.
you can see why. :shock: :?

Wed Aug 24, 2011 7:52 pm

APOOLO 18 in cinemas soon the catchline THERES A REASON WHY WE NEVER WENT BACK just looked at the trailer will be going to have a look :ayatollah:

Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:25 pm

There is defo life out there. The governments are a weee bit secretive on the matter, wouldnt be suprised if we're being watched...

Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:42 pm

I dont think about it to much, your thoughts go around in circles and theres no answers to the question.
where does endles end and why does anything exist ect ect, live your life to the full enjoy it and watch cardiff :ayatollah:

Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:43 pm

I watched wonders of the universe the other day on my planner. The stats around the number of stars in the galaxy et el and how long stars will burn and what happens when they implode blows my mind ! . Amazing series.

Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:52 pm

There's been several UFO sightings this year as well apparantly: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RjGYSGbAEUM

Personally, I have an open mind to anything that cannot be proven to be 100% untrue. I definitely think there may be life elsewhere when discoveries like this are made: http://news.sky.com/home/sky-news-archi ... le/1262484

It's very interesting stuff but unfortunately we will never know for sure until the technology is produced to look into space, galaxies, planets and other forms of life further.

Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:01 pm

Bridgend_bluebird wrote:There is defo life out there. The governments are a weee bit secretive on the matter, wouldnt be suprised if we're being watched...

I don't believe in government conspiracies etc. We are a small cell, a raindrop, an atom at the end of a pin head..however which way you wanna look at it, at the end of the day none of us are any the wiser, we just want to believe they are hiding something to give us some kind of reason.

Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:10 pm

As if the universe isn't big enough, scientists are looking for evidence of our universe colliding with others!
Twist My Melon!

...... and if there are other universes 'out there', what the hell are they 'inside'? What is the space between universes called??

Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:11 pm

Bluebird007 wrote:As if the universe isn't big enough, scientists are looking for evidence of our universe colliding with others!
Twist My Melon!

...... and if there are other universes 'out there', what the hell are they 'inside'? What is the space between universes called??

The space between universes is called a void.

Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:13 pm

baseboy007 wrote:
Bridgend_bluebird wrote:There is defo life out there. The governments are a weee bit secretive on the matter, wouldnt be suprised if we're being watched...

I don't believe in government conspiracies etc. We are a small cell, a raindrop, an atom at the end of a pin head..however which way you wanna look at it, at the end of the day none of us are any the wiser, we just want to believe they are hiding something to give us some kind of reason.

Not saying I believe it exactly, just saying I don't trust the governments and they are defo hiding something.

Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:13 pm

Bridgend_bluebird wrote:The space between universes is called a void.

Good call. I wonder how big the 'void' is?

Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:14 pm

Bridgend_bluebird wrote:
Bluebird007 wrote:As if the universe isn't big enough, scientists are looking for evidence of our universe colliding with others!
Twist My Melon!

The space in Burnley is called a black f*cking hole :lol: :ayatollah:

Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:16 pm

ccfcgrangeend wrote:
Bridgend_bluebird wrote:
Twist My Melon!

The space in Burnley is called a black f*cking hole :lol: :ayatollah:

:lol: :ayatollah:

Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:17 pm

Here's a BBC link on the multiverse theory .... BBC Link

Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:23 pm

Of coarse there is life out there but they are to far away. And if they had the technology to travel that far why would they want to visit us ? Besides you would have to look behind so to speak as the universe in front is younger than the part where we live. So it would have less time to evolve. Am i making sense because i dont think i am :lol: :lol:

And the Universe is so big why did god put us 40 miles from those inbred Gypos ? Does he not like us or is he sadistic :lol: :lol:

Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:24 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:Of coarse there is life out there but they are to far away. And if they had the technology to travel that far why would they want to visit us ? Besides you would have to look behind so to speak as the universe in front is younger than the part where we live. So it would have less time to evolve. Am i making sense because i dont think i am :lol: :lol:

And the Universe is so big why did god put us 40 miles from those inbred Gypos ? Does he not like us or is he sadistic :lol: :lol:

Apart from the last line, thats the most cleverest post I've seen from you. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:26 pm

Bridgend_bluebird wrote:
Nuclearblue wrote:Of coarse there is life out there but they are to far away. And if they had the technology to travel that far why would they want to visit us ? Besides you would have to look behind so to speak as the universe in front is younger than the part where we live. So it would have less time to evolve. Am i making sense because i dont think i am :lol: :lol:

Apart from the last line, thats the most cleverest post I've seen from you. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I thought Sheriff that the last line held a lot of Merit :lol: :lol:

Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:27 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:
Bridgend_bluebird wrote:

I thought Sheriff that the last line held a lot of Merit :lol: :lol:

Yea but you mentioned the jacks :D

Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:28 pm

Why is it the year 2011 ? whos to say its not something else im confused :cry: :cry: :lol: :ayatollah:

Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:32 pm

ccfcgrangeend wrote:Why is it the year 2011 ? whos to say its not something else im confused :cry: :cry: :lol: :ayatollah:

Its an Earth year. Its only 2011 cause the god botherers believe the Earth was created by god 2011 years ago (something like that), where as a matter of FACT, the year should be 4,550,000,000 roughly. But its easier to say 2011, the god botherers win this round. :lol:

ccfcgrangeend wrote:Why is it the year 2011 ? whos to say its not something else im confused :cry: :cry: :lol: :ayatollah:

Its an Earth year. Its only 2011 cause the god botherers believe the Earth was created by god 2011 years ago (something like that), where as a matter of FACT, the year should be 4,550,000,000 roughly. But its easier to say 2011, the god botherers win this round. :lol:

Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:33 pm

Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:35 pm

What is that Sheriff ? 3 rounds :lol: :lol:

Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:35 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:What is that Sheriff ? 3 rounds :lol: :lol:

Ye, to drill it in your heads. :D

Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:37 pm

Bridgend_bluebird wrote:

I got it the first time :lol:

Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:38 pm

ccfcgrangeend wrote:
Bridgend_bluebird wrote:

Good. Good. Good. :D :ayatollah:

Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:40 pm

ccfcgrangeend wrote:
Bridgend_bluebird wrote:

The Universe size infanate. Sperm released 3.5 million and Bridgend Bluebird was the fastest :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: