Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Kaspars Gorkss To Reading!

Wed Aug 24, 2011 4:49 pm

Would have liked him here tbh! :( :ayatollah:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/14649727.stm

Re: Kaspars Gorkss To Reading!

Wed Aug 24, 2011 5:11 pm

Wasn't he QPR's best centre back last season? I'm shocked Reading have managed to sign him and I can't believe QPR have let him go. Would have loved him in our defence. Warnock has signed Gabbidon and let Gorkss go, very bizarre, I know who I would prefer out of the two!

Wed Aug 24, 2011 5:28 pm

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:Wasn't he QPR's best centre back last season? I'm shocked Reading have managed to sign him and I can't believe QPR have let him go. Would have loved him in our defence. Warnock has signed Gabbidon and let Gorkss go, very bizarre, I know who I would prefer out of the two!

Totally agree! :ayatollah:

Wed Aug 24, 2011 6:25 pm

Gorkks is a top player for the Championship & I'm surprised you never went for him. He's a player who puts his head in where others wouldn't dare. Real honest lad & a very big part in getting us promoted last season.

To be fair to Gabbidon he was absolutely immense at Everton on Saturday & looked like a new man to the Gabbs of last year, that's the Warnock effect lads ;)

Surprised we let Kaspars go but in Warnock we trust.

Wed Aug 24, 2011 6:51 pm

Think we've missed a good opportunity there - top championship defender -v suprised he's been let go by the mad yorkshireman.

Hey Stan - whats all this bollox about being glad to get battered out of the league cup - the arse is takin the piss.
totally disrespectful to all league clubs. You didnt hear lambert, rogers and bruce make comments like that.

Birmingham fans have got a nice little euro adventure even though they got relegated.

There are only 6 clubs fighting for 4 champ league places that can have the audacity to belittle the cups - they look like tits when they say it too.

Wed Aug 24, 2011 7:07 pm

Tbh mate I think he was saying it but didn't really mean it.

The team he put out would suggest he wanted to win the game. Taarabt, Bothroyd, Cook, Rowlands, Derry to name but a few.

Players put in an awful shift & Dale just wanted it more at the end of the day.

All about Prem survival so realistically cups are more of a hindrance than a help.

Wed Aug 24, 2011 7:10 pm

Stan-QPR wrote:Tbh mate I think he was saying it but didn't really mean it.

The team he put out would suggest he wanted to win the game. Taarabt, Bothroyd, Cook, Rowlands, Derry to name but a few.

All about Prem survival so realistically cups are more of a hindrance than a help.

stan sir

joey barton hell of signing for you............. seems he having medical :ayatollah:

Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:10 pm

Stan-QPR wrote:Gorkks is a top player for the Championship & I'm surprised you never went for him. He's a player who puts his head in where others wouldn't dare. Real honest lad & a very big part in getting us promoted last season.

To be fair to Gabbidon he was absolutely immense at Everton on Saturday & looked like a new man to the Gabbs of last year, that's the Warnock effect lads ;)

You could have told us he was available. :cry:

Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:30 pm

bluebirds23 wrote:
Stan-QPR wrote:Tbh mate I think he was saying it but didn't really mean it.

stan sir

joey barton hell of signing for you............. seems he having medical :ayatollah:

Mate would be an UNBELIEVABLE signing if it came off.

Offered him 60,000 a week which to me shows our owners are not f*cking about now.

Villa & west brom in for him also. I'm not too confident this will happen but boy I am hoping it does.

Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:32 pm

buckleys brewery wrote:
Stan-QPR wrote:Gorkks is a top player for the Championship & I'm surprised you never went for him. He's a player who puts his head in where others wouldn't dare. Real honest lad & a very big part in getting us promoted last season.

Didn't even know mate. Quite surprised at this one to be fair.

Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:08 pm

Stan-QPR wrote:
buckleys brewery wrote:

Didn't even know mate. Quite surprised at this one to be fair.

How's jay gettin on for u mate?