Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Congratulations swansea city !!

Wed Aug 24, 2011 3:34 pm

well done Swansea on getting their 1st competitive goal of the season,

It took just 3 games, and league two opposition for swansea to open their account this season, shrewsbury towns Cansdell-Sherriff heading home into the back of his own net, giving the swans a well deserved lead,

it took only 9 minutes for shrews to get back level. one would suggest swansea had a weak side, but having included, moreira Tate, Williams, allen, gower, grahem, lita it was far from a reserve side.

shrewsbury town then upped the pace which swansea found to hard to deal with adventually Buckling in the 67th minute and then shrews Wroe finishing off a fine night, making it 3-1 .

It could of been worse for swansea as a clearly more dominant shrewsbury town side had 8 efforts on target and also a solid display from cardiff born joe jacobson almost setting up a fourth as shrews hit the cross bar,

and that concluding a good night as premier league giants swansea attracted a massive 4,063 at the meadow.

Next up for swansea is Sunderland this saturday , who we wish all the best and good luck on the journey down from wearside :ayatollah:

Re: Congratulations swansea city !!

Wed Aug 24, 2011 3:38 pm

Wait for the

'Your a small club we're in the Premier League, Wales No 1' brigade they'll be here anytime now

Wed Aug 24, 2011 3:43 pm

considering the vermin are still gloating about our defeat to blackpool 15 months ago, i'm going to laugh all the way through this miserable season their about to have. :lol:

Wed Aug 24, 2011 3:43 pm

they may be in the premier league,
but are they in the carling cup

Wed Aug 24, 2011 3:48 pm

it aint looking good to be honest for them. :D :D

already 8-)

Wed Aug 24, 2011 3:48 pm

such a shame for them..........NOT! :lol:

Wed Aug 24, 2011 3:53 pm

Give them time. Bare in mind, like us, they've had a fair few players leave and had to rebuild the sqaud. I hate them and want them to go but I've gotta a funny feeling they will suprise us.

Wed Aug 24, 2011 4:20 pm

Is Swansea a city? I didnt know a caravan park could be granted city status. :ayatollah:

Wed Aug 24, 2011 5:33 pm

Agree with you we realy should have beat shrewd,but hey many other prem teams went out so I'm not that bothetd.
As for staying in the prem,its going to be hard and can't see it my self,but every year swansea start slow and loose so who nows.And by the way I ain't going to mock you about us being in the ptem and you a small footy club,as its all bull shit.

Wed Aug 24, 2011 5:38 pm

Bam Bam Biggalow wrote:Is Swansea a city? I didnt know a caravan park could be granted city status. :ayatollah:

Yeah they built a Cathedral made of matches which then gave them there City Status :lol:

Wed Aug 24, 2011 5:49 pm

to be fair. and i know its good banter there out. swansea are better out of the cup. a few serious injuries could cost them dearly. survival in the prem is the main thing for them this season. after all it is a mickey mouse cup? :roll:

Wed Aug 24, 2011 5:58 pm

ninianblue wrote:to be fair. and i know its good banter there out. swansea are better out of the cup. a few serious injuries could cost them dearly. survival in the prem is the main thing for them this season. after all it is a mickey mouse cup? :roll:

Getting into that winning feeling would of been better for them IMO

Wed Aug 24, 2011 6:20 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:
ninianblue wrote:to be fair. and i know its good banter there out. swansea are better out of the cup. a few serious injuries could cost them dearly. survival in the prem is the main thing for them this season. after all it is a mickey mouse cup? :roll:

Getting into that winning feeling would of been better for them IMO

without reserve games. i think its a good chance for the manager to look at the fringe players. and a chance to throw in a couple of youngsters. in a competitive match. i reall dont think swansea. or us for that matter. would really take heart from winning last night. fact. sorry my opinion :lol:

Thu Aug 25, 2011 1:41 pm

swansealad69 wrote:Agree with you we realy should have beat shrewd,but hey many other prem teams went out so I'm not that bothetd.
As for staying in the prem,its going to be hard and can't see it my self,but every year swansea start slow and loose so who nows.And by the way I ain't going to mock you about us being in the ptem and you a small footy club,as its all bull shit.

Im a modest kind of guy and in an honest neutral perspective If sunderland give you a pasting on saturday which I'm half expecting It could all be deep water and extremely hard to pick up 3 points away from home,
although I will admit you do have good away support, but sometimes in the premier league thats not enough

Thu Aug 25, 2011 2:32 pm

arsenal away, west brom home & chelsea away. 3 hard games there. have to beat sunderland or they are in trouble! no pressure though eh

most newly promoted sides earn most of their points in the first half of the season whilst the other teams suss them out. they could be in big trouble. the last thing they will want is to beat derbys record. lose to sunderland and i reckon its on :lol: