Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Welcome to BCFC

Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:30 pm

Bellamy city football club -.-

I know he's from Cardiff
I know he's a great player
I know what he said about coming back to cardiff
I also know what he said about other clubs too.
Was our club any better off last season? Not really.
Could we use the wage money to invest in other more crucial areas of the squad? yes we could.
Does bellamy coming to Cardiff garuntee us promotion? Not really
Does it make us a target for critics and fans alike? yeah it does.

As much as i'd love bellamy to come back to Cardiff, it won't make a difference to us it just means we'll have less players and less strength in depth for the coming season.
It seems everyone on this forum has a mate whos dog etc etc eventually ends in bellamy, can't you just f**k off and wait till anything is actually confirmed before speculating and raising peoples hopes? it's getting ridiculous now.

I know i'm in for some stick writting this and i know people will disagree with me, keep is sensible and i'll reply to you if not you'll get the classic :roll:

Cardiff is a team, not a player, not bellamy not bothroyd not earnie but 11 players playing as one. :ayatollah:

Re: Welcome to BCFC

Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:02 pm

Sense at last!!!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:13 pm

whateva! My mate's dog says Craig's coming back....or was it NOT coming back? It was definitely one or the other....FACT!

Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:27 pm

great post.

Wed Aug 24, 2011 3:09 pm

I thought i'd get slated for that :lol: glad to see some people still have sense.

Wed Aug 24, 2011 3:20 pm

i agree with the post but i think we need to move for players fast because i think deep down cardiff probally thought they would get bellamy maybe thats why its gone quiet over the last 3 weeks but 3 more players and ill be happy with or without him

Wed Aug 24, 2011 3:21 pm

nicky evans wrote:i agree with the post but i think we need to move for players fast because i think deep down cardiff probally thought they would get bellamy maybe thats why its gone quiet over the last 3 weeks but 3 more players and ill be happy with or without him

I'd prefer three younger hungrier players, what's bellamy got left to prove? Mason and gestede have been incredible signings, what could malky do with a bit more money?

Wed Aug 24, 2011 4:58 pm

So basically you don't want CB to come back?

Wed Aug 24, 2011 5:06 pm

spike ferndale wrote:So basically you don't want CB to come back?

Not really, he didn't make a huge difference last season and let's be honest the wages could be spent on younger players.

Wed Aug 24, 2011 5:57 pm

You have forgotten about the 'Craig Bellamy Factor' of course he will make a diffrence he's a hard worker, goal creator, goal scorer and brings confidence and influence on other players...Not only that he said he is willing on cutting his wages if he does come...

Wed Aug 24, 2011 6:06 pm

Because we did so much better with bellamy on our team didn't we? He can say whatever he likes about his wages, until it's in writting it means nothing to me.

Wed Aug 24, 2011 6:08 pm

lets not talk about Bellers unless he becomes a Cardiff player , cheers :ayatollah:

Wed Aug 24, 2011 6:14 pm

Tbh I think he would make the difference. We already have a squad of championship players so don't see the need three more free transfers on 10k a week. They wouldn't be that great and we can only have 5 subs, plus inthough people wanted more youth involved now DJ has gone?

Bellamy would be a massive bonus, if we got just him in i would be happy.

Wed Aug 24, 2011 6:22 pm

2blue2handle wrote:Tbh I think he would make the difference. We already have a squad of championship players so don't see the need three more free transfers on 10k a week. They wouldn't be that great and we can only have 5 subs, plus inthough people wanted more youth involved now DJ has gone?

Bellamy would be a massive bonus, if we got just him in i would be happy.

not even the two strikers you keep banging on about?

Wed Aug 24, 2011 6:36 pm

Ideally another target man as well yes.
Bellamy would be the other striker and also solve the wide problem. Bellamy is on another level to miller and earnie and IMO could play alongside them. Even though millet has been awful I could see him working with miller.

Wed Aug 24, 2011 6:38 pm

2blue2handle wrote:Ideally another target man as well yes.
Bellamy would be the other striker and also solve the wide problem. Bellamy is on another level to miller and earnie and IMO could play alongside them. Even though millet has been awful I could see him working with miller.

can't wait to see miller hopefully prove you wrong

Wed Aug 24, 2011 6:56 pm

bluebirds23 wrote:

In what way would he prove me wrong? I've already said I rate him and that I'm guessing he isn't match fit. I can't help he has been awful in every game so far, i rate players everygame and don't see why i should pretend he has performed well when he hasn't.

Wed Aug 24, 2011 7:03 pm

2blue2handle wrote:
bluebirds23 wrote:

In what way would he prove me wrong? I've already said I rate him and that I'm guessing he isn't match fit. I can't help he has been awful in every game so far, i rate players everygame and don't see why i should pretend he has performed well when he hasn't.

i think he done pretty well as he had sod all pre season seems to me you rather him on bench and earnie up top with one of these big strikers you keep banging on about.

Wed Aug 24, 2011 7:17 pm

At the moment yet, earnie has shown a lot more which surprised me massively.

Yeah at the moment I don't think earnie and miller have shown they can play together in anyway. I can only judge them on the games so far.