Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Tony Fernandes slashing QPR prices

Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:15 pm

Fair play to him.

"Empty seats are lost revenue at any price"

Hopefully this can be the start of something. Football is overpriced. OK - clubs have to pay for the new stadiums - but how many fans actually wanted them?

Re: Tony Fernandes slashing QPR prices

Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:57 pm

Getting fans onside early & being practical about things also.

As you said football is getting silly now price wise. Arsenal pal of mine went on Saturday against the scousers £72. Rip off of the highest order.

Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:19 pm

"Empty seats are lost revenue at any price"

such a true and great quote. we should be selling out every week.

im srurprised we dont offer school discount offers like im sure we used to in the old days.

each game we give 100 tickets to a school, even if its for free. kids can go then and kids being kids will be addicted and want to come back next week where they will have to pay increasing our fanbase etc

Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:27 pm

Even Clydebank give out 100 tickets a game - personally I'd give out 1000 but that's another story.

Kids are the future. No football game should be charging over £5 for under 16's and under 8's should be £1 in my opinion.

How many got a lift over the turnstiles when they were young then progressed to playing in with their pocket money on a bad day. Premier League Football for £3.50 I remember!!!!! You could stand, shout AND swear!!!!

Now you get banned for swearing up here!

Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:35 pm

PtB wrote:Even Clydebank give out 100 tickets a game - personally I'd give out 1000 but that's another story.

Kids are the future. No football game should be charging over £5 for under 16's and under 8's should be £1 in my opinion.

How many got a lift over the turnstiles when they were young then progressed to playing in with their pocket money on a bad day. Premier League Football for £3.50 I remember!!!!! You could stand, shout AND swear!!!!

Now you get banned for swearing up here!

very true on the kids front we should have a block dedicated to marketing

Wed Aug 24, 2011 2:37 pm

Fernandes has now made QPR free for under 8's.

As you said they are the future.

As for seats being lost revenue why don't many other clubs see this? I think what it is is that season ticket holders who SHOULD get the best price & priorities in my book wouldn't want to see seats on sale for let's say £25 when their own season ticket like my own equates to approx £34 a game.

Has to be handled delicately.

Wed Aug 24, 2011 2:59 pm

Malaysia's number one team !

Wed Aug 24, 2011 4:33 pm

Umm pretty sure we do give tickets away to schools.

Tbh I think our club has pricing pretty spot on.

Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:27 pm

Stan-QPR wrote:Fernandes has now made QPR free for under 8's.

As you said they are the future.

As for seats being lost revenue why don't many other clubs see this? I think what it is is that season ticket holders who SHOULD get the best price & priorities in my book wouldn't want to see seats on sale for let's say £25 when their own season ticket like my own equates to approx £34 a game.

Has to be handled delicately.

nice to see you again stan :ayatollah:

Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:30 pm

How are ya son... Hope all os well :ayatollah: