Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Is there no Gentlemen left ?

Sat Feb 06, 2010 4:09 pm

My Wife suffers from MS and it seems she's suffering a relapse which is making it hard to walk. She was determined not to miss our sons grading so with her stick she managed it to the hall. There was no chairs available so i went to find another. Both Men and Women were seated only one woman offered my wife her seat Men just sat there which i find amazing. That wouldn't of happened a few years ago.
Is this what it has come down to in this day and age and this isn't the first time its happened. My Mrs doesn't want a scene otherwise i would of said something. Its wrong but a sign of the times i think.

Re: Is there no Gentlemen left ?

Sat Feb 06, 2010 4:11 pm

Shocking! Unfortunately it is like that in this society these days :x

Sat Feb 06, 2010 4:16 pm

I think sometimes people are just dull and dont think

a friend has MS

does your wife get support from the ms society ?

Sat Feb 06, 2010 4:19 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:My Wife suffers from MS and it seems she's suffering a relapse which is making it hard to walk. She was determined not to miss our sons grading so with her stick she managed it to the hall. There was no chairs available so i went to find another. Both Men and Women were seated only one woman offered my wife her seat Men just sat there which i find amazing. That wouldn't of happened a few years ago.
Is this what it has come down to in this day and age and this isn't the first time its happened. My Mrs doesn't want a scene otherwise i would of said something. Its wrong but a sign of the times i think.

It's no wonder that the kids are so lacking in manners when their parents are also so lacking in the basics.

Sat Feb 06, 2010 4:19 pm

I always remember whenever i went out with my Nana and we got on the bus I was always the 1st to be made to stand

I instill in my boys the same values - it's a shame how society has lost these things

Sat Feb 06, 2010 4:21 pm

She has her MS nurse and because she was newly diagnosed we went to a MS conference which helped. She is not ready to join the society yet but hasn't ruled it out in the future.

Sat Feb 06, 2010 4:25 pm

my gets a lot of help from them

BEST WISHES

Sat Feb 06, 2010 4:29 pm

Cheers Sludge :ayatollah:

Sat Feb 06, 2010 4:39 pm

this country has lost its soul,people today brought up with no manners.nice talking to you at the airport this morning

Sat Feb 06, 2010 5:18 pm

i always give up my seat for women, just the way i was brought up, i would also give it up for an old gent,

my son had an accident on f.a cup night (cardiff v pompey) and is now in a wheelchair, he went to a pub and was told to "get ut as we dont want people like you lot in here".......he promptly wheeled over straight into his shins and punched him in the bollox. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sat Feb 06, 2010 6:30 pm

rob wrote:i always give up my seat for women, just the way i was brought up, i would also give it up for an old gent,

my son had an accident on f.a cup night (cardiff v pompey) and is now in a wheelchair, he went to a pub and was told to "get out as we dont want people like you lot in here".......he promptly wheeled over straight into his shins and punched him in the bollox. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hope everything is ok with your boy. Cant believe that sort of thing can happen, perhaps he thought he was a squaddie. Either way im glad he got his comeuppance.

Sat Feb 06, 2010 6:31 pm

ginge 68 wrote:this country has lost its soul,people today brought up with no manners.nice talking to you at the airport this morning

Yeah and you mate glad you got back OK. Feeling fucked at the mo . :ayatollah: